Her sad reality

When You Were Mine

 

“I’ll make her something to drink once she wakes up.” Hyekyeong said right after Onew put Hwejin on the bed. She excused herself a bit and left Onew with her inside the room.

It was not intentional, but Onew just caught himself looking at her sleeping face. He saw how she suddenly frowned. Was she dreaming something not so wonderful? Onew then carefully rubbed her forehead gently to flatten it. She looked peaceful again after that.

Onew leaned a bit and placed both his hands on his knees as he looked closer to her. “Was I hurting you bad all this time? I’m sorry.” He said, almost whispering. “But how could I know about the things that won’t hurt you? What should I do for us to be okay? I’m trying my best… but it seems that what I do just makes you even more hurt, and I don’t know why. Your friend said you still love me, but told me I should just let you go and help you forget me. Is that what you really want? Do you feel sick loving me that you want to end your feelings towards me? She’s right, right? I will never make you happy. You always hurt when you’re with me…” He said with a very sad tone on his voice.

He was still looking at her when Hwejin’s phone rang. Onew took it but saw that it was Haiden’s name on the screen. Should he answer it? What will he say when Haiden asks why they are together at this night? If he tells him she’s drunk and needed someone to accompany her back home, why wasn’t he, the boyfriend, the one her friend called?

The call ended, and Onew sighed in relief. But it rang again for the 2nd time… that’s when Onew decided to take it.

“Please don’t talk because I’ll only miss you more when I hear it.” That welcomed Onew as he put the phone close to his ears to listen. It was him, and he sounded as if he just finished crying.

“There were times when I feel like you just chose to be with me because you wanted to forget him badly. By that, I feel so insecure when he’s just around our sight. Not that I hate Lee Jinki or something, I just don’t want to see him when I’m with you. Forgive me if I’m being jealous right now… but there are really times when I feel like you loved him more than you love me. You know what? They say that if you love your past more than your present, then it’s not gonna work out with him. I’m afraid you’ll leave me when you realize you can’t love me the way you did to him before. That I’m so scared. But I promise that until the day you say stop, I’ll continue showing you how important you are to me. I’ll show you that day by day… I’ll fall in love with you… more and more each day. I’m sorry it was a long speech, but goodnight honey. Dream of me.” He said and the next thing he heard was the beep of the end call signal.

Onew sighed again and looked at Hwejin. “He called, and said he promise to show you how much he loves you until the day you say stop.” He said softly. “Hwejin-ah… I think that man is a really good guy. Based from what I heard, I think he values you most. One thing I couldn’t show you before. I realized how stupid I was for letting you go when I didn’t hear what you wanted first. I shouldn’t be the one manipulating your feelings. It’s you who can decide about those things. What I heard from him just now? It was simply telling me that you deserve someone much better than me… and that much better person has arrived so I must not go into your life again. You should love him, just as how you loved me before, or maybe even more. Don’t hurt him. Value him the most as well because you can’t have someone like him anymore.”

**** **** ****

“How is she, hyung?” Taemin asked when Onew arrived back home. “Did noona safely arrive there?”

“Yes.” Onew simply said while removing his shoes. He went straight to the living area and lied lazily at the couch after. The other three gathered and all five was not sitting together, as if they were up to talk about something. “Hey, guys. It’s past 2 am now. You should sleep. We have rehearsals tomorrow at 7.” He uttered as he wondered why these guys who love sleeping were still wide awake gathering with him here.

“We want to hear what happened with Hwejin just now.” Jonghyun suspiciously asked.

“We were with Hyekyeong, an old friend, okay? Stop asking about it now.” He ordered.

“Come on, hyung. You’re not really good at hiding. We know something happened. What is it? Please, don’t make us feel regretful of waiting you to come back. We should be sleeping now, as you said, but we waited for you hoping you could share something to us.” Key said. He was already agitated and a bit sleepy.

“Okay. Hyekyeong said something to me about Hwejin… after some minutes, I heard Haiden’s words on the phone. Too much for me to handle over a night.” He simply said and rested his head up.

“Come on… share.” Minho said. “We’ll listen… no matter how long they are.”

Onew breathed a couple of times and then he started telling them what Hyekyeong and Haiden said. They kept on nodding, and by the looks of it, you’ll know that each member was trying to stir something in their mind looking forward to sharing their opinions once he’s done talking. It was a complete story telling session with Onew in the middle and the other four’s eyes looking – staring – at him with full attention and consciousness.

“I didn’t know that guy is very considerate and understanding.” Jonghyun reacted when Onew finished talking. “Even more considerate than you, hyung.”

“I know. You don’t have to stress it out.” Onew replied.

“But that Hyekyeong was such a meddler.” Key said with an eyebrow raising. “I know she cares about her, but that mouth said too much. She should be careful next time and consider your feelings as well.”

“I somehow get both points, but I think Hyekyeong’s right. If you don’t help her forget about you, then she’ll just get hurt over and over again.” Minho added.

It was their habit to allow each member say their opinion about certain things. Onew trained them to always speak up everytime there’s an issue they were talking about. Since the other three talked, the four looked at Taemin waiting for him to speak up.

“Well…” Taemin rubbed his palm against his lap before talking. “It’s simple as this: Allow yourself go along the flow.” He uttered and the other four frowned.  “You know what’s making things complicated? It’s because you’re concluding when it’s not there yet. I don’t know why you consider noona’s emotions as if they were yours. That Hyekyeong, for example, who told her to say things such as you should help her forget about you and you two should start to live life separately? Why? Was she the writer of your story to order what both of you should do? She’s just looking at the perspective of how badly hurt Hwejin noona is… she doesn’t look at why she is hurting in the first place. That guy, Haiden, he’s not helping either. Do you think noona will have peace of mind if she figures out that someone is sacrificing for her sake? Duh, hyung. I think he’s just trying to hit Hwejin’s emotions so she will decide to open up more to him. And about you… Who told you in the first place to listen to what others say? Don’t you have opinions to yourself? You’re being affected by the people who are not really involved. This is about you and her only. Why listen to those people? Their looking at one point of view, while you should look at you and hwejin’s point of view… and that’s how you decide. And please… stop the Haiden can make her happy more than I did thing. It’s not like you know what and who means happiness to her.” He stood up after a very long rant towards Onew.

“I pity Hwejin-noona for having people around her who think that they know her more than she knows herself. It’s her sad life. Noona must be depressed because of all the damn opinions you guys are feeding her.” He said and went inside his room.

The four was really surprised. Their jaws were dropping and eyes were almost similar to Minho’s. After Taemin closed the door of his room, the four looked at each other…

“Was that person really Taemin just now? Where did he get those words?” Jonghyun said in awe.


// yey. I did it when I told myself I'll update early morning today. I love your comments guys... I promise this will even get more interesting as time goes by. Tell me what you think about the story. Do you agree about Taemin? Or do you have any opinions different from them? Who should be blamed? Onew? Hwejin? Hyekyeong? Luna? Haiden? or me? LOL. Anyways.. I'll read your comments before starting on the next chapter. :D See yah around. XD And promise I'll reply to them... Love to use the reply button, though!