Worrisome

When You Were Mine

 

“Our Director is getting prettier these days.” One of her staff praised as she made her way to the office. She smiled. “I wonder if the Director is seeing someone these days.” The other staff said.

It’s been a week and she has been seeing Haiden lately. She already ate with him thrice after their first meeting, and she should admit, that Haiden is gaining a nice spot on her already.

As she entered her office, her assistant came following with a cup of coffee with her. “Goodmorning, director.” She greeted brightly and flashed and obvious smile on her face, “So I guess that smile on your face is because of someone you’ve been meeting.” She uttered.

“Hey, are you teasing me as well?” She pouted as if she’s pissed off. “Why is everybody making a big deal out of this?”

“Because it does show in your face. You look so bright and blooming!!” She said with so much excitement in her voice, “Like really, director, if we’re looking for someone that can be fitted to dance with all the SHINee members on stage, why don’t you just do it? You’re so beautiful right now that you really can pass the audition to be a celebrity!” She praised nonstop which made Hwejin blushed.

“Done with all the praising now.” She smiled and turned to be serious again, “Can you please send this over to SHINee’s choreographer and tell him to make some choreos for these songs? I’ve listen to some SHINee songs last night and I decided to put something else in the lineup. I haven’t finished listening all so please tell him to be prepared if I ever decide to add some songs. Also, there are English songs inside and I want him to include it for SHINee’s practice. I’ve also requested for remix songs and that will be used for the concert as well.” She said.

“I’ll send this to them.” She assured. “Oh, by the way, Onew-ssi made a call asking if you could spare some time talking to him.”

“Oh? He should’ve just called me if he wants to talk to him.”

“Onew ssi said he’ll be here around 10 am today. Now, if you don’t have anything more to ask me, I’ll go back to my table for a while.” She said and turned out of the door.

As what the assistant have said, Onew arrived 5 minutes passed 10 am that morning. He entered the office and saw her busily watching their performance on her computer. As usual, she’s reviewing their stage styles again.

“You should’ve called me when you need to say something. You don’t really need to schedule an appointment, you know.” She said when Onew took a seat in front of her table.”

“How can I? I don’t have you number saved on my phone.” He uttered.

That’s when she realized they’ve been working together for some months now but still she wasn’t able to tell them her phone number. “Oh, I forgot.” She said.

“Save it then.” Onew handed his phone to her and Hwejin rang her phone through dialing her number on Onew’s.

“There, now I got your number as well.” She said and returned the phone to him. “Oh, why are you here by the way? Is there anything wrong with the works I’ve sent to you?” She asked.

“Oh, not really.” He said and took a sigh. “Well, let’s say I just got bored so I decided to disturb you a little bit.” He said. “I was about to start practicing but the members were already complaining about being too lazy today so… I asked if I could just spare time to you.” He smiled.

“You talk as if I’m not a busy person.” She said jokingly. “You need to pay me for disturbing me while I’m busy planning for your concert.”

“I’ll pay you with best performances.” Onew answered. “Hey, I’ve been working out lately. I’m ready to expose some flesh now.” He said with a hint of confidence on his tone. “And another hey, I heard you’re dating someone.” He asked and opened another topic.

She frowned and looked at him, “Where did you get that information?” She asked.

“It’s all around.” Onew shrugged his shoulders. “I’ve been hearing it all around lately, plus, I heard he even sent flowers to you and a luxurious car picked you up to go to your lunch date with him.”

“Wow. The news is pretty much loud and accurate.” Hwejin said when she figured out that Onew almost knew about everything.

“So… Tell me how the business stunt was?” Onew chuckled. “He must be very persistent into persuading you come into his company.”

“You studied him?” She looked at her with a sneaky gaze. “Or was it still part of the rumor going around?” Onew nodded. “Well… it wasn’t a business stunt.” She smiled. “If it was, then do you think I’d still see him again?”

“You went out more than once?” Onew’s eyes went a little bigger. He was surprised but he immediately suppressed it.

“Let’s say… I’m just trying to make the most out of being single.” She smiled. “Haiden seems to be a good guy and he’s very considerate about me. Don’t you think it’s about time for me to be happy?”

So that guy is really serious about her. “Good enough. I’m glad someone’s making you happy again.”

The last word he uttered made the two of them awkwardly silent. Again. She bitted her lower lip and then smiled, “I guess so.” She uttered. “Tell me honestly, did you go here because you’re worried about me?” Onew didn’t answer and just looked at her. “You don’t have to worry. I feel that somehow, whatever happens with Haiden and I, it will turn out good.” She assured.

Onew nodded and smiled, “Then… I guess I’ll be leaving now.” Only that and Onew went out of the office.

Whatever happens with that Haiden and her will turn out good. I know it’s something I should be happy about, but why am I worried and don’t feel good about it at all?