How can I handle it?

When You Were Mine

 

“Are you still mad at me?” Hwejin said as she talked to Haiden on the phone. “You don’t answer my calls and you seem not to want seeing me.” She said in a disappointed look.

“Not that I’m still mad… I’m just busy these days.” Haiden answered on the other line. “I’ll pick you up tomorrow morning and let’s eat lunch together. We should also talk and clear things out between the two of us.” He then returned to his usual and calm voice.

“I can’t.” Hwejin replied. “The VCR filming will start later today and I think we will end and finish everything after a week. That’s including editing and shooting. I called you because I want you to know I’ll be very busy these coming days.” She told him.

Haiden answered her and said he understands her very well. He just hopes she could spare some time with him even just one day in a week. Hwejin gave a positive answer and promised to clear one of her days to meet and be with Haiden.

Arriving at the studio for the first VCR filming, Hwejin realized the members were already inside waiting for them to start. She unconsciously fixed her faced and tucked some hair at the back of her ears before coming in to greet them.

She smiled as she went it but it almost disappeared when she didn’t saw the familiar face she was secretly anticipating to see. Though she doesn’t want to admit it, that sure hit her when she figured out that Onew wasn’t with the rest of SHINee.

She figured out about Onew’s absence in a very simple and unobvious way. “Only four with me today?” She asked with a wide smile and a questioning look.

“Oh yeah.” Jonghyun said and looked at the members one by one. “Onew hyung will be late. He’s recording a collaboration song with Luna and he’ll come after finishing it.” He explained.

She nodded, “I see…” She wanted to ask about it more but realized it will be very suspicious of her to ask things that doesn’t really involve her or something. “Shall we start then?”

Only 15 minutes after Jonghyun went to the spotlight, Onew arrived with full make up and costume. The staff and the members immediately drew attention to the newly arrived member and Hwejin was the last one to notice his arrival. The manager approached her and whispered something, “Can we do Onew’s first? He needs to go back to recording after 30 minutes.” He told Hwejin.

Hwejin automatically looked at Onew and saw him being retouched by the noonas. She nodded and asked Jonghyun to take a seat for a bit because they will make way for Onew first.

“I’m sorry I disturbed the order.” Onew apologized and he even went to her personally. “I was about to go after finishing the recording, but we felt like it’s not going to finish that early so I decided to budge in for a while.” He explained.

Hwejin only smiled and Onew proceeded to go for the filming. For 15 minutes he was there doing random motions and Hwejin was just looking, watching from her monitor, trying to figure out how to sort and edit things out later.

She unconsciously swallowed and held her breath as Onew bitted his lower lip and looked away. It captured how perfect his jawline was. As he lifted his chin a bit and looked seductively at the camera, his adam’s apple and collarbones were emphasized and it almost made her want to stand up and leave the room immediately.

… and she didn’t even notice it was done.

“How was it?” Hwejin blinked a couple of times before getting back to reality. She was in dreamland just a while ago… and now the man on her dreams was facing her up close trying to know her insights about what he did at the spotlight.

She was about to talk when the manager came in and dragged Onew away. “You’re late. They need you on the recording now.” He said and they immediately went out of the studio.

Hwejin’s mind was out of her body after that moment. It might have gone with Onew when he left the studio. She was constantly making errors with the instructions and shouting cut when she wasn’t supposed to. Jonghyun had a hard time recording and doing his thing because Hwejin was making random interruptions.

“Okay. Let’s take a quick break.” Hwejin stood up and dusted her clothes. “I’ll leave for a while and come back after 15 minutes.”

“Just the room next door.” She overheard Minho’s conversation with a noona. “That’s why Onew hyung can be dragged from here to there.” He chuckled.

Hwejin shook her head and decided to go out for a bit. Passing along the hallway with the door on the next room, she stopped and stared at the closed door. Inside were Onew and Luna doing the recording together.

It must be fun since they’re working with someone they like. She sighed and started walking again, but stopped and looked back at the closed door. Something was pushing her to go take a peek inside.

She resisted. Why does she have to look at what’s happening inside? She’s not related to anybody working there. She’s not involved and she doesn’t want to be.

But since her mind was out of her body, the only one she could follow right now is what the instinct calls. She found herself slowly twisting the knob and pushing it slowly open.

“Oh, Director Son.” One of the staff said when she immediately noticed Hwejin’s curiousity. “Do you want to hear the song their making? Please come in.” The staff widened the door for her to enter the room completely. She hesitated a bit but because she has no mind at the moment, Hwejin made her way inside and stood right where she could clearly see the two recording inside the studio.

“The two really have great chemistry together. I’m sure Director Son will come up on a very great idea about the music video.” It was the lyricist who talked. He looked at her and smiled. “One thing I always look forward to is how a director can interpret the song and make such good story video out of it. I’m so looking forward, knowing the song will be put in great hands.” He uttered.

Hwejin tilted her head a bit in confusion. “What do you mean?” She asked.

“Oh. Did I spill it out earlier? I should’ve said nothing then.” He said and chuckled in embarrassment.

She frowned in grimace, “I don’t really understand.”

“Don’t tell them I told this to you beforehand, but the producer told me she would be hiring you to direct the music video for the two, and the president has agreed to it.” He smiled. “Goodluck on your next project. I know you’ll do great.”

Hwejin frowned even more and looked at the two who were still inside the studio. They were facing each other and she could clearly see how the two laugh with their mistakes. Luna even fixed Onew’s hair because he was laughing his off forgetting how messy his hair became.

She secretly sighed… the thought of Onew in front of her makes her already squirm… now what will happen if he stands beside the girl he likes?

Courage… please gather me up.