Fresh Start

When You Were Mine

 

“Hey, hyung… you’re dressed up nicely.” Jonghyun praised as soon as he got into the van. He sat right beside the manager. “But wait, isn’t Hyun Shik hyung supposed to be the one going with us in the meeting with the director?”

“He suddenly had a headache so I temporarily replaced him.” Manager Dongjun said as he smiled widely. “Come on, tell the others to move fast. We don’t want Director Son to wait for long.”

“Yah~ Hyung… you really fell for her, huh?” Jonghyun teased again and gently hit the manager’s chest. “I hear your heart go dugun dugun.” He laughed with himself when he noticed how the 31 year old manager blushed.

While he was driving, the manager kept on talking and blabbing about the Director. How she smiles so sweet and laugh like the sound of music.

“I only see a very strict Director Son, though.” Onew said as he flipped through the page of the book he was reading.

It has been 3 days since that night where they decided on forgetting what happened before. For the first time after three days, they’ll see each other again.

No need to prove something to her. Just act like you knew her just now.

It’s obvious that the manager was head over heels towards the director. The perfume that he used lingered inside the van. They smelled him as if he was right there beside them. Even Onew and Taemin who were sitting relaxingly at the back smelled him as if it was their own perfme.

“Do you think the director will like how I smell? I bought the manliest perfume in the store.” He boasted.

Cool Water. Hwejin won’t like that since she likes the fresh scent ever since. That strong perfume sure is a no-no for her. Onew secretly chuckled. Taemin noticed how his hyung suddenly acted weird.

“Mind to share the joke, hyung?” Taemin whispered.

“Why did chicken cross the road?” He asked and taemin immediately frowned.

“To get to the other side… yah, hyung~ Why are you laughing with just like that?” He said as he made a funny face towards the hyung.

“Aniya… He crossed the road because I was chasing after him.” Onew said and immediately went back to readin. Taemin scratched his head and looked outside. Minutes later and Onew suddenly heard Taemin laughing, “Hey, makdoongie… why are you laughing?”

“Hyung…” He said while holding his tummy. “The joke you said… it wasn’t funny until now!!” He clapped twice and fell back laughing again. “It was too funny, aish, really! I just imagined you chasing after a chicken as it crossed the road! Hahahahaha!”

The manager was all hyper when they arrived at Hwejin’s office. “Annyonghasaeyo, Director Son, it’s so nice to see you today. You’re so pretty as always!” He said as he walked closer to Hwejin.

“It’s nice to see you… *cough* *cough*” Her statement got interrupted when Hwejin coughed continuously. She had to go back to her table to get some tissues as she couldn’t stop coughing.”

“Hwejin-ssi, are you okay?” The manager tried to follow her but she coughed even worse and asked him to move few steps back from her.

“I’m sorry but I don’t mean to offend you…” Hwejin uttered after calming herself down. “…you see, I’m allergic to strong smell. Your perfume is a little bit… *cough* *cough*”

“Oh. I’m sorry. I’m sorry.” The manager immediately stepped back. “I’ll just change clothes then and please proceed with the meeting. Please listen to her well, SHINee.” He said and patted Onew’s shoulder. “Understand everything.” He whispered to him before running out of the room.

The other members couldn’t help but chuckle. It’s funny how the manager really prepared for that, but it turned out that Hwejin is allergic to those kinds of smell.

“Since all of you are present so let us talk about your solos first.” She uttered as all of them sat at the receiving area of her office. “I don’t know if you guys are in charge of choosing your own songs. Wait, on those 3 concerts series you’ve had so far… were you the one who chose what to sing?” She asked.

“Deh.” Jonghyun answered. “We personally picked them. We chose the song that we thought would fit us.” He uttered.

“Shall I give you the freedom to choose then?”

“Well…” It was Onew’s turn to speak. “If Director Son has something in mind then it’s not bad to hear them us. Who knows we probably think it’s better suited for us.” Onew said.

She was blank for a second then reality snapped back so she smiled, “Right. Let’s see what we got here.” She opened the folder to look at what she wrote the other night.

“These are based on your appearances and charm on stage, alright? I’ve watched all your performances and keenly studied how the fans would want to see you this time. As you see… I define SHINee as a group with a constant change. You’re the group who never gets old because change is always there… so fans never get bored. We like to see a new side of you for this one as well.” She said.

“For Taemin… have you ever realized that all your solo stages were all fierce? This time, I think you can try singing softly… like, confessing your love to a special someone where you serenade her and give her surprise dance performance. I’m not really into technicalities when it comes to dancing that’s why I can’t tell you what dance suites you, but at least I can give the concept that will kind of fit the new grown up Lee Taemin.” She smiled as she talked to him.

“For Minho-ssi. You all did hyper dance performance ever since with some showing of the skin. The concept that would suit you this time is a Minho that will sing a heartbreaking song eagerly asking his girlfriend to go back to her. Your eyes have full of emotions, Minho-ssi, you should incorporate them as you sing sad ballad songs.”

“For Key… who’s always a diva on stage…” She started and thought for a while. “You know, you looked so feminine and girly on stage to be honest… so I tried searching for some of your performances with a girl. That stare you gave BoA as you danced together during a concert, I personally think that was hot.” She uttered. “I know you’ve done some duet with Krystal during your first solo concert, but it will be good to do a y couple performance. I’m actually thinking of Krystal again since she sports this y diva look as well. The concept will be like… you telling a girl how she can resist you because you got her eyes just for you.. like that.” She chuckled as she learned how particular she’s getting with all the performances that she wanted to see.

“Jonghyun, on the other hand, has tried various performances so it’s personally hard to pick a certain concept for you… perhaps singing to everybody about your dream? You look very manly and I think singing such song to everybody will surely melt their heart. If it’s an original composition for you and it’ll be heard the first time during the concert then I think it will be the best.”

“Onew-ssi…” long pause. “I’m thinking about 2 concepts.” She said and looked at him. Blankly. Trying to clear her mind about the memories with this man in front of her. “I’ve done some research, and I figured half of your fans, probably even more than half, wants Onew-ssi to go topless.” A laugh was suddenly heard around the whole area. The four boys find her suggestion so funny.

“Director Son, please. I’ll disagree on you with this. Onew hyung can’t… Omo.. I’m still laughing.” Jonghyun said while he almost fell off his chair.

“The concert is still 2 months away so if he wants to do that then… he has all the time to prepare for it.” She said professionally. “Isn’t he the type who is willing to do everything just to get what he wants?” She said. “At least that’s what I learned based on reading your past interviews.”

“I’ll think about that, Director Son.” Onew replied. “What about the other one?”

“Learn the violin.” She said. “Simple as that.”


//If I could see Onew do a violin performance... I swear. My life won't be the same anymore. LOL. Why am I carried away just now?