Jinjin

When You Were Mine

 

 “Special Delivery, director.” The assistant said as she entered the room with a little cutie on her arms.

“What’s that?” She said without even looking at her. She’s busy studying live performances from SNSD. They finally had the decision that Hwejin will direct the music video for SNSD’s comeback. “The concept I was thinking of doesn’t fit their usual concept… oh.” She whispered to herself.

“You should pay attention to this beautiful thing over here. She’s the cutest cutie pie ever.” The assistant said while giggling.

Hwejin then looked up and saw a very cute dog wearing pink outfit.  “Such a cutie!” She involuntarily stood up and walked over to see the dog closer.

“Wow. Where did you get such cutie?” She uttered while adoring the dog. Hwejin has been very obsessed with dogs before. She just stopped taking care of them when she had to left for studying.

“Someone sent this over. There’s a card. I don’t know if there’s a name inside.” She said and handed the doggie to her. Hwejin carefully took it and looked at it with full endearment as the dog looked up at her as if she’s learning her new owner’s face. “But look first. There was a name imprinted on her clothes.” The assistant uttered and pointed out what she wanted to show her.

“Jinjin.” Hwejin read. “Jinjin?” She repeated it as she looked back at the Assistant. “Does that mean anything?”

The assistant shrugged, “Could be perhaps the dog’s name?” She guessed. “Why don’t you open the card so you would know, and I’m excited to see to whom did she come from.”

Hwejin slowly took the card out of the small envelope and started reading what was written inside:

“It must be tiring to arrive home at night with no one around. Let Jinjin ease away all the stress and pressures that you feel when I’m not there to do it for you. It might sound like a cliché… but I want to believe love is sweeter the second time around so… let me court you again, better than how I did 5 years ago. Should I introduce myself? I’m a secretly obvious admirer.”

“Director-nim, you’re smiling alone. What does it say? Can I see it?” She acted like peeping along with the card when Hwejin immediately took it out to herself.

“No!” She shouted.

“Why? I’m just curious.” She said and scratched her head after. “Perhaps…  must be from your boyfriend, I guess?”

Right. Her boyfriend, Haiden, who’s in Australia right now busy working. “Uhmm… right. I should contact him, right?” She uttered eventually.

“Of course! She’s the cutest thing and she smells good, too!” That and the assistant left the room, giving her enough privacy to talk to her “boyfriend” alone.

Hwejin put the dog on her lap as she sat down on her swivel chair. She caressed the dog’s head as she talk to her. “You smell exactly just like him. Did he spill the full bottle of his perfume on you?” She giggled at the cutest baby on her lap.

Then her phone rang. She automatically smiled when she saw that name on her monitor.

“Is she there with you now?” It was what Onew said as soon as she picked up the phone.

“Yes. Here on my lap. She’s the cutest thing ever. I’m surprised, oppa. Seriously. You don’t know how happy I am today with her.” She uttered with obvious expression of joy.

“She’s our daughter.”

It was hard for Hwejin to even think that Lee Jinki could ever say such thing. He was a person not so really into these cutesy and romantic stuff that’s why she never expected him to act and give cheesy remarks to her.

“Eh?” She uttered expression how disbelieving it is for her to hear that coming from him.

“She is.” Onew uttered. “I don’t know, but just what I told you in the letter. It felt like you need someone to be with you at time when you’re just alone. Of course, I won’t be with you 24/7. I can’t even get closer to you now because just like what we agreed on, we can’t just suddenly act like lovers as if we didn’t break up.”

“You just made me turn into a mommy then. I’m not ready about the responsibility, oppa.” She pouted as if Onew was just in front of her. “How can I take care of her? I don’t know how to prepare milk.” She said and almost giggled with how teeny both of them are at the moment.

“Learn how to do it, though. And don’t worry, you and I will raise Jinjin very well, just like how parents do to their children.” Onew remarked and a soft chuckle was heard. He must be laughing at his childishness. “Wait… are we going to see each other today? I mean… are you going to call on us for a meeting?”

“Uhmm…” She thought for a while and looked at her schedule that was placed right on her table. “There was none for today.” She answered.

“Can’t you make one?” Onew asked. “Just… just say whatever.” He said.

“Hey, oppa~” Hwejin said and the rare cuteness on her voice was heard. “You probably forgot about it, but I’m done handling SHINee. I’m on SNSD now.” She said. “You’ll conduct the rest of the concert with a different director it will be hard to make a meeting with an enough reason.” She said while having a very wide smile.

“But…” Onew paused. “So I really cannot meet you right now, Joon-ah? That’s sad. I’ve been wanting to go out with you and eat out together. You must empty your schedule one day so we could hang out together, huh? Deh. Annyong.” He said and immediately hanged up.

Hwejin frowned for a while but she thought that maybe a member or someone just came and saw Onew on the phone conversing with someone so he had to act as if he’s talking to someone else. She just smiled widely and looked at Jinjin.

“He must have fallen in love with you the first time he saw you so he immediately took you for me.” She smiled. “Did he also tell you about you being our daughter? You must call me your mommy then.” She chuckled and lifted the dog closer to her face. “But you must not call him daddy when there are other people. Mommy and Daddy are in a secret relationship right now… though… we’re not really in a relationship but we’ll be once mommy gets it done with an uncle.” She kept on talking to her until she realized one thing. “Why am I explaining to you anyway?” She giggled and hugged the dog as if it was her real baby.


// To those who have read the oneshot fic that I made the last time. I feel so bad of making you cry... but... but... I just had to write it because it bothered my mind and i just can't seem to let it go. Okay. The next time I think about making a character die.. I'll sure use other people... not him. OMG. But anyways... I feel sorry of not updating nowadays. School stuffs. Of course. >.<