I'll catch you

When You Were Mine

 

Haiden clenched his fists together. “Bro, relax. This could be fixed – well, I hope so.” Christ tried to calm his friend down.

“That innocent looking brat.” Haiden said and almost cursed the person. “He’s the only one who could do this to me.”

“Who? I don’t get it, and why will he do that to you?” Chris asked confusingly.

“That Onew.” Haiden clenched his fists tighter as he mentioned his name. “He did this so he could get rid of me and have Hwejin on his own. He’s so unfair. I didn’t know he could play this very dirtily.” He said things with disgust and disbelief.

He stood up. “I’m going to explain everything to Hwejin. Onew just made this all up. That wasn’t the truth. Sure I kissed her and stuff like that in the photo, but I was drunk! That girl must’ve taken advantage, and besides, she wasn’t there when I woke up this morning!” He said and ran out of their office to go to Hwejin’s.

When he came in, Hwejin just arrived from somewhere – probably from SHINee’s recording room. “What are you doing here? I think I have nothing to do with you anymore.” She said and tried to ignore his presence while working. “After we’re done working on this, I promise we won’t see each other again.” Hwejin said.

“Look Hwejin, this is just a setup. I was drinking with SHINee last night. Onew could be the one plotting this scheme against me. Yes we kissed… but you can tell I was under the influence of alcohol!”

“It’s okay, oppa. It’s fine. I understand.” Hwejin uttered and just smiled. “I forgive you.”

Haiden stopped, looked into her eyes, pleading. “Please, Hwejin, give me some justice.”

“Jinki oppa will never do that. I know. I’ve been with him since we were teenagers.” She said.

“You were gone 5 years on his side… you didn’t know what change about him.” Haiden replied. “Fine, you love Onew, but this is unfair. He’s completely stealing you away from me by cheating, and that’s not right at all.”

“I said it’s okay, Haiden, you don’t have to explain.” Hwejin answered. “Jinki’s one of the greatest people I could ever meet in my life, so please… let’s not put the blame on him. He’s innocent.”

“Innocent? He’s not innocent Hwejin. He is not.” Haiden insisted. “If I have known this would happen from the start I should’ve said no to his invitation!” He shouted angrily across her room. “I’ll accept it and will let go of you if he really just played fair, but God, this is so unfair!!”

Haiden was about to leave when Hwejin talked, “Where are you going?”

“I’ll go see that person’s face. He needs to be confronted.” It was actually the first time Hwejin got to see Haiden so mad. “I’ll prove to you I’m clean… and that guy caused this mess to happen.” He said and walked out of her office with clenched fist.

**** ****

“This is a great day, hyung~ A very great day.” Minho said as he patted Onew’s back happily. “After such long time… you finally got back together with Hwejinnie.”

Onew nodded and smiled – back to being such a dubu. “It was great to know Hwejin chose me again at the end.” He said.

“We’re happy for you, hyung- finally.” Jonghyun uttered.

“I don’t think it’s time to celebrate yet.” Someone just came in from the door and went straight to Onew. They exchanged death glare and Haiden smirked bitterly. “You did all these, right?” He said and threw the pictures on Onew’s face.

He turned his head on the side avoiding the impact of pictures, and then he went back looking at him seriously. “What are you talking about?” He went down to pick out one of the pictures that were now scattered on the floor. The other members also took the others. “Oh.” Onew was surprised to see what it was. “You slept with a girl?” He looked at Haiden with disgust and disbelief. “God, I thought you were… were you trying to cheat on Hwejin? What is this, Haiden-ah? You’ve been trying to gain her love back but what are you doing behind her? You’re such… uh.” He stopped for a while and smirked. “Wait… did Hwejin get to see this? That’s why your being like this? Is it because she decided to completely end it between the two of you? Wow, really.” Onew said.

“You fool. Don’t act as if it wasn’t you who planned this. You did this.”

“Hey, Haiden-ah, why are you blaming me? I’m not doing anything. I will never get involved with you.”

“You… really..!!” Haiden was about to get Onew on his collars when the guys quickly stopped them.

“Hey, hey, calm down, guys!” Minho, who was the tallest of all, had quickly got into the middle to stop the two. “Don’t be like this, you’re both old enough.” He said.

“You.” Haiden looked at Minho… then went to look at Jonghyun, Key and Taemin. “Don’t tell me you’re involved in this, too? You left us last night while we were drinking. Perhaps, you were the ones who set everything up!” He accused.

“HEY, you full of mouth stop blabbering!” Jonghyun lost his patience and suddenly yelled at Haiden. “It is not our fault if you messed everything up by being vulgar!” He shouted and key had to hold his arm to stop him for almost getting Haiden himself.

“I’ll make sure to catch all of you.” Haiden threatened and went out of the recording studio, leaving the five guys speechless.

“B…But hyung…” Taemin uttered while staring at the photo. “This girl…”


// oh my gosh the story's getting unusually long!! *panics*