going slow

When You Were Mine

 

Hwejin noticed the door to her terrace was open. She went there to close it when a cold breeze of wind embraced her body. She smiled. It invited her to go out of the terrace for a while and she did.

She looked up and saw how the stars scattered on the sky with the beautiful crescent moon at the center. There were but few very unnoticeable clouds.

Just then a shooting star was seen. Instead of wishing for something, she smiled even wider and sighed, “You granted what I want right before I wished for something.” She said to herself and gently closed her eyes to remember what happened just an hour ago before she came in the house to rest.

His scent lingered as she took a deep breath. That smell she missed encountering for years. It was such a nice thing Onew retained the same perfume. She smiled again. This has been the nth time that she smiled unconsciously to herself.

Still closing her eyes, Haiden’s face suddenly appeared in her mind. She stopped, and learned that she needs to settle things with Haiden before continuing whatever she has with Onew.

Should she call him? Now? At this time? What should she say? How would she tell her she got tired of pretending and now she wants to be real, not just to herself, but to everybody as well?

But to everybody as well.

The worries of being accepted as who they are to each other now came into her. Once the public knows about the two of them, will they approve it? Will they allow him to be with her for real? Or will the public rather choose Luna for him?

How will the company react to it? Will they accept it? Can it be perhaps possible for her to be fired because of having a relationship with a co-worker?

The members… will they feel awkward? Or not?

Their parents. She’s afraid Onew’s  mother will suddenly arrange a wedding for them right when she figured out both of them are okay now. She’s afraid one day she’ll just wake up being set up into a wedding ceremony.

Well, of course, she wants to marry Jinki in the future… but…

“What are you thinking, Son Hwejin?! Why wedding?!” She gently slapped her cheeks few times after realizing how far her thoughts have gone just by thinking of simple – nonsense – worries.

She made a decision of telling Haiden soon. Not now. She needs to gather enough courage to hear what he’s going to say after she tells him the truth. She needs time to figure out and construct the nicest possible way of breaking up with him.

Hwejin knows Haiden will be hurt because of this… so she doesn’t to make him feel worse. So that would be mean… he can’t still be with Onew… officially.

She was busy gathering her thoughts at the terrace when her phone – that was placed on the table beside her bed – rang. She decided to go in and closed the door to block the cold breezy wind that might probably enter her room.

As she sat down on the side of the bed, she took the phone and saw that it was Jinki calling. She smiled and cleared before answering the call.

“Ye?” She said after answering the call.

“I just want to make sure you’re not changing your mind yet.” He said with an unsure tone.

She didn’t know why she found this side of him really really cute. They were with each just an hour ago and now he’s acting as if they haven’t seen each other for long.

“Kyeopta ~” She uttered as if she’s talking to a five year old kid.

“Hey, I’m older than you by almost 2 years.” He retorted. “I’m not younger than you for you to talk like that.” He said.

“But… oppa.” She breathed for a while. “Our.. our relationship. We can’t still be together.”

“Oh~” Onew paused for a while before continuing. “Because you’re still with Haiden?”

“Yes, and just in case, it will be called cheating. I’m okay with Haiden getting mad at me. I just suddenly thought that he might probably hold grudges against you. I don’t want that to happen. Can we do this slowly again?” She asked.

Onew was reluctant about it. “I forced myself not to hug and kiss you for several months… and you still want me to go slowly with this? That’s crazy, Hwejinnie.” Onew uttered on the other line which made her a little surprise.

5 years. Of course there would be changes. She was talking to a more mature Jinki. Someone who’s not less afraid of a lot of things, so she needs to be cautious and such.

“But oppa… can we? I mean. You and I… let’s start again. I’ll settle things with Haiden… and then from there we start.” She explained. “The love before… of course, is never gone, but the relationship… the relationship we shared, was gone. In order not to hurt each other anymore, we should try to make things better, starting from the first line. Is that okay with you?”

“Not okay.” Onew uttered like a stubborn child. “When you finally ended it with Haiden… let’s see what we have next.” Onew said and a sigh was heard. “I have a lot to do in order to make things up with you. The only thing you need to do is settle things with Haiden. I’ll take care of everything.” He said. “But wait.. will that mean I’m not allowed to hug you or even hold your hand in public?”

“Yes.” She replied. “Who hugs and kisses someone else when she’s still taken? I don’t want to be a cheater, oppa. Please do understand.”

“You were cheating on him the entire time, my dear.” Onew said. “But okay, I’ll try to understand. What’s important to me now is the fact that I was able to tell you everything. It was such a relief… and after knowing your feelings, I feel happier. Thank you, Hwejin-ah. Thank you for giving me another chance. I promise not to hurt you ever again.” He said sweetly.

“Sure thing, and you have a lot for me since you hurt me a lot before.” She said, having with her the thought that it’s already a happily ever after with Onew.


// Yes I know they're going reaallllyyy SSSLLLLOOOWWWW ~