I can't help it

When You Were Mine

 

Onew was sitting together with the rest of the boys on one table during the celebration. Not far away was the couple’s sight of being sweet and happy together.

“Every relationship seems to be fun during the start.” Jonghyun uttered while doing random rhythms on the table by patting his fingers on it. “Just wait… they will be in chaos, too.” He uttered.

“Hey, why are you thinking like that?” Key snapped out. “Just because she’s Onew hyung’s ex means she doesn’t have any right to be happy by being with someone else.” He uttered.

“Onew-hyung, are you alright?” Minho cared to ask Onew who was being all silent all throughout. He was now holding another glass of alcoholic drink. “That’s enough, hyung. Stop drinking.”

Onew smiled and looked at Minho, “Can’t you trust hyung, Minho-yah? I can handle this… I’m telling you.” He said and emptied another glass of alcohol.

“Oh look! Look! That ugly Haiden even flirts with Hwejin in front of everybody!” Jonghyun said. He was watching the two closely.

“Oh!!” Taemin expressed. “Right, hyung!! It seems to me that he’s flaunting about having Director Son by himself.” He looked at the eldest hyung and rubbed his back. “They’re not being fair. Hwejin noona knows that both of you have a past but here she is showing how happy it is not to have you with her.” Taemin said obviously taking Onew’s side.

“Yah, maknae!” Key, who is not fond of consoling people, snapped out of Taemin. “I told you Hwejin has the right to be happy! Be it with Onew-hyung, or not.” He said honestly, “And besides, it’s Onew-hyung’s fault why they broke up. If he wasn’t selfish enough thinking about his own feelings then this won’t be like this today.”

What followed then was Onew’s loud slam on the table. Everybody who was with the same table as them were shocked and looked at him in awe. He stood up and looked at Key, with burning eyes. “It is never selfish to let go for someone’s sake.” He said and just left.

“Hey, kids. We should follow Onew-hyung.” Jonghyun patted the other members’ laps and told them to go home with hyung. They told the others that they need to finish something together for tomorrow’s schedules.

“Are we going to lock Onew-hyung now?” Minho said as they went out of the events hall. He was rubbing his palms together.

Key elbowed him and looked at him with his diva face, “Onew-hyung’s throwing tantrums right now and you’re still thinking like that?!” He shouted.

“But he was just indirectly implying that he isn’t over her yet.” Minho shrugged his shoulders and continued walking.

Onew first entered the dorm and went straight to his room. He slammed the door closed and they heard the click of the lock right after.

“We don’t have to make any effort. He’s locking himself now.” Minho chuckled and lazily sat on the couch.

“Aish… why must we go home so early? I was yet to enjoy the celebration!” Taemin added and sighed.

“Yah, kids. If we didn’t go home with hyung and the people saw how he acted when he left then they might be suspicious of our relationship as a group. You know how judgmental and attributive people are. They tend to connect totally irrelevant scenarios.” Jonghyun explained.

“And besides, Onew hyung is the type of person to sulk worse when he’s alone. He needs some people to be around him once he’s ready to open it up, and of course, as members and dongsaengs, we need to get him on his back.” Key further said.

While Onew threw himself on his bed… Lying on his back, the only thing that he can see right now is the empty ceiling above him. He sighed and put his arm on his forehead as he recalled what happened just a while ago.

Being honest with himself, he wasn’t conscious of the reason why he became very irritated and pissed off upon seeing the two together.

He knew very well that whatever relationship they had with each other before is totally irrelevant now in the future. He knew how he already has no right when it comes to her. He knew it’s over since a long time ago, and he doesn’t know why he cannot help himself.

The way he wraps his arm around her waist… the way she automatically holds his hand when they walk… the way she looks up at him when she talks to him… the way she fixes his hair when she notices it gets a little messed up… the way she just simple stares at him when he’s talking… it was all irritating and painful in the eye.

And though he’s old enough not to think that it’s all her fault why he was acting like this, Onew couldn’t help but to put all the blame to her. If she’s not with him there then he wouldn’t feel so uncomfortable and stressed out. She was overly gorgeous and beautiful when he saw her, but it got all messed up when he learned about them being together now.

Not to mention they just met each other almost 2 months ago… did Hwejin change and she became an easy girl now? Whatever it is… her sight together with the guy is the most eyesore he could ever encounter.