I told you

When You Were Mine

 

Taemin’s yawn distracted the silence inside the SHINee dorm. They were all gathered on the living area watching Strong Hearts. A celebrity was telling a sad experience and they were listening intently.

“Hey, you’re so noisy.” Key said as he hit Tae’s leg without even looking at him.

Commercial gap. Everybody had the chance to breathe properly. They just finished listening to a very dramatic story from the celebrity.

“If we go to Strong Hearts, what should we tell them?” Key asked and looked at Onew. “How about Onew hyung’s old love who returned to be SHINee’s director?” They chuckled, considering everything as a joke now.

Onew suddenly flinched and sat like a child with legs crossed on the couch. “Kids. Do you want to know the truth?” He said and leaned forward as if they were about to plan something bad against someone.

The four, as how they usually are, leaned closer to Onew and immediately got themselves ready to listen to the leader.

“What that?” Jonghyun whispered.

“I’m sure now that my feelings for her are all gone.” He uttered. “To be honest, I also thought of the possibility that I might still like her. We never saw each other right after the break up, so for five years, I’m clueless whether it’s gone or just residing silently inside my heart.” He uttered.

“Then? You still love her?” Taemin excitedly asked.

“Not that.” Onew shook his head. “It’s gone. For real. It’s gone. I wonder why.” He said with an unbelievably funny expression. “I was like… just happy to see her again.”

Jonghyun shook his head. “I don’t believe you, hyung.” He said.

“CHINCHAA … CHINCHAAA…. CHINCHAAAYYOOO~~~” Onew said as he kept on nodding his head. “I don’t feel a thing.”

“ANNIIIIYYYYAAA~~” Jonghyun stuck his tongue out as he shook his head funnily. “You’re lying, hyung… You’re just trying to make us believe the feeling doesn’t exist anymore.”

“But… it’s really gone.” Onew pouted as he looked at the 2nd oldest guy in the group. “What do I do? I’m not even lying about this.” He uttered.

“Arassooo…” Key nodded like a kid. “What do we do to you if you come to us one day whining about how you can’t forget our dear director?”

“Oh?” Onew looked at Key and shook her head for the nth time. “I don’t think I’ll ever do that.” He uttered. “I think it’s impossible now that I told you I don’t feel anything at all.”

Minho clapped his hands twice. “Cha! Let’s settle this with this agreement.” He leaned closer making sure that only five of them could hear, though there’s indeed just five of them in the house. “If you come to us one day whining about your undying love for her, we’ll lock you inside the room and won’t allow you to go for schedules for 3 days. We’ll tell the managers and the president that you’re slacking off so they will scold you forever.” He said.

“Woah!” Onew’s mouth and eyes, including his nose, grew bigger. “You must be overdoing it!” He uttered. “But okay, I’ll deal with it. After all, I know my feelings.” He smiled.

Key was about to say something again but Strong Hearts suddenly re air making them all stop to continue watching the show.

**** ****

“Just when you thought of ditching me.” Hwejin raised an eyebrow as she took a cup of coffee towards .

“It’s my boyfriend, Hwejin-ah. How can I just ignore him when he made an emergency call? Seesh.” Hyekyeong shook her head as she conversed with her most stubborn girlfriend.

“So he’s more important than me, huh?” She snapped. “We’ve never seen each other for five years, and you’re going to cancel the date with me just because of your boyfriend? You’re so mean kyung-kyung.”

“Hyekyeong.” She uttered clearly. “Can you please start calling me by my real name? If you continue that then I swear I’m going to call you Jinki’s baby in front of many people. That’s how he called you before, right?”

The smile on her face immediately went gone. “Not funny.” She rolled her eyes. “It’s not like I’m affected, you know, but please, remember to take care of my babies’ reputation. They’re under me and I want the best for them. Controversies and stuffs are not welcome anywhere.” She uttered.

“But let’s be honest to each other about Jinki-oppa for once, Hwejin-ah. Your feelings… is it still there?”

She shook her head confidently. “It’s gone. It escaped together with the tears that flow through my eyes the moment he decided to leave me. It’s all gone. His presence doesn’t affect me at all.”

“When are you going to start working with them?” She asked after a while.

“We have to meet for the briefing tomorrow, so I think I need to finish the revised plot by today. I don’t want to fail for the first time, and knowing that I’m working under this big company in my country… I hope I can impress them on my first time.” She said.


//not sure... but who knows? there's a possibility that someone will be locked inside a room for 3 days. hahaha.