Complicated

When You Were Mine

 

Onew was the center of teasing that night when he was with the members. “So… was there a kiss with Luna? There should be!” Minho shouted in excitement.

“No! Of course not! You, kid!” Onew acted like he was offending but he was already half smiling. “It will be awkward! Hwejin is the director!” He said.

“Ohhhhh~” The four reacted in chorus. “It’s when past meets the present scene!” Jonghyun reacted. “So what happened, hyung? Did the two fight or something?”

“It’s not like it’s gonna happen, you know.” Onew answered. “They were fine, though Hwejin looked kind of irritated when she left after talking with Luna. I still wonder what they talked about.”

“Onew oppa is mine.” Key told Jonghyun in a girly tone.

“No. He’s mine first, and he will always be no matter what you say.” Jonghyun replied.

“You . Oppa is mine!! He got over you and I’ll be his girl from now on!!” Key shouted as he grabbed Jjong’s hair. The other replied by pulling his hair as well.

“NO! He’ll come back to me and I’m going to break up with my pale boyfriend!” Jjong shouted again.

“Hey! Hey! Hey!” Onew said and stopped the two. “What were you doing, guys? Are you stupid?” He told them with a very funny, priceless face.

**** **** ****

“I got it. You’re still the same girl who’s madly in love with him.” Hyekyeong said that night as both of them drank some wine. “You can’t be as mad as that if you don’t feel anything.”

Hwejin didn’t reply. She rather took another glass and drank it oneshot. “See? You not responding means you’re digesting what I’m saying. Tell me… you still haven’t gotten over him, right?” She said and raised an eyebrow towards her friend.

Hwejin looked at her. “Why do I have to feel this miserable? He’s just a guy.” She looked at the glass and suddenly threw it away. “Damn, stupid Lee Jinki!! You stupid person! Why am I so affected with it comes to you?!! Stupid! Damn you! Curse you one hundred times a day!!!” She shouted nonstop. Hyekyeong only looked at her raging friend. “He’s the cruelest guy on Earth! Damn Lee Jinki! You should be killed!” She shouted again. Other people were already looking at them while they were in the bar but Hwejin didn’t care. “You’re so cruel! You hurt me not once, not twice, not thrice, but countless of times already! You should rot in hell you unreasonable son of a !!” She shouted so loud.

The next thing Hyekyeong heard was Hwejin’s loud cry. It’s because she’s drunk that why she could probably just show any emotions that she wanted to portray as of the moment.

Everything was fine, until Hwejin suddenly stood up and walked out of the bar in a zigzag motion. “Hey, Hwejin-ah!” Hyekyeong shouted as she followed her friend out.

“I’ll go to that stupid guy’s house! He needs a slap in the face! He’s the most stupid guy ever!”

But hyekyeong was strong enough to stop her friend, though she didn’t know how to drive her home. She thought of who to call. Should she call Onew… or Haiden?

Onew… Haiden… Onew… Haiden… she was staring blankly at Hwejin’s cellphone until it rang. She looked at it and found Onew’s name on the screen.

“The phone itself answered me.” She smiled and took the call. “Yeah, Onew-ssi?”

“Oh… I was just thinking if I could have a short conversation with Hwejin. I think there are some misunderstandings from a while ago. I just want to clear things out.” He said.

“Well… I’m okay with you talking with her but… I think you will have a hard time.”

“Why?”

“Hwejin and I are stuck up here outside the bar because she was drunk and I couldn’t drive her home. uhmm… if you’re not busy, can you pick us up here?” Onew quickly obliged. She told her to wait for a bit as he came there rushing with his car.

The way to Hwejin’s house was like a silent travel with Onew and Hyekyeong. They were seating at the front while hwejin was at the back fast asleep. Hyekyeong looked back to check on her friend. She’s sleeping very soundly, as if she regained her silence and peace at last.

“Stop hurting her.” Hyekyeong finally said to break the silence. “She had been through much struggle because of you. I don’t want her to suffer more.”

“I’m not doing anything.”

“You unconsciously are.” Hyekyeong said. “Do you want me to tell you honestly? That girl in the backseat is still in love with you. Though she hides it very well, I know deep inside that the cut in her heart is always fresh because the love she feels for you is never ending. She doesn’t want to get hurt. Her mind always thinks she should stop it from allowing you occupy her thoughts, but she couldn’t help it. She loves you as much as she did the last time you saw each other five years ago.”

Those words from Hyekyeong quickly hit Onew.

“But I’m not saying you, two, should take another chance for this. You should allow her to be happy this time. Let me tell you, Onew-ssi. She will never be happy if you go back to her. Hwejin will just remember how painful it was for her before when you left her. That scar on her heart… it will never be erased so please don’t even try getting back with her. Past is past… instead of making her live in the past, help her move on and forget about you completely. That’s all you need to do. Forget about each other and live your lives separately.”


// I don't know why life must be complicated and confusing at times. You love each other, but you need not to be together because you need to forget each other for you will just be hurt if you don't. Like seriously... what kind of life do they have now??