When you were mine

When You Were Mine

 

“Let’s go home together, Hwejin-ah.” Hyekyeong told Hwejin as both of them left the classroom. The latter shook her head while smiling widely.

“Jinki-oppa will pick me up today.” She said and pointed at her wristwatch. “He’ll arrive 15 minutes from now so I must get ready to meet him outside the school later on.” She giggled.

Hyekyeong frowned and shook her head, “You just saw him the day before yesterday, why do you act like you miss him so much?”

“Of course! Didn’t I tell you it was so hard to go over the day without seeing his face!? That’s why I’m so happy he got some free time today. He can eat with me!” She giggled.

“Yah. Oppa is getting busy these days. What are you going to do if he becomes an idol soon? For sure he won’t be able to spare enough time with you.” Hyekyeong said while they are already walking along the long corridor.

“I know it’ll happen one day.” She said and the conversation started to get serious. “That’s why I really have to build up my patience and understanding.” She smiled at her friend. “But I know… however busy Oppa can get, I’ll be his supporting girlfriend standing just few steps behind him.”

“How about the offer for you to study film production abroad? Are you sure you’re going to say no?” Her friend asked as she changed the topic.

“You know I can’t live alone, and I’m afraid it won’t turn out good, plus, I think I’m okay here… with oppa, umma and appa, and of course, hyekyeongie~” She giggled and immediately wrapped her arms around her friend’s neck for a sweet hug.

“Yuck. Please. leave me alone.” Hyekyeong said as she tried to let go from her hug. “You just added me up. You want to stay because of oppa.” She said while smiling and giggling with her friend.

As they came out of the school gate, she immediately saw her boyfriend waving, “Oh? He’s early! Oppa!!” She shouted and ran towards Jinki, completely leaving her friend there. Hyekyeong just smiled. These lovebirds really love each other that much. She’s happy her friend got herself the most handsome and kind boyfriend on Earth, not mentioning he’s their sunbae.

As they came closer, their fingers automatically intertwined. Jinki leaned down a little bit so she could reach his cheek to kiss him. She giggled.

“I missed Oppa’s cool water scent.” She said to which Jinki frowned.

“You should buy my cologne then and never see me again.” He pouted like a sulking child. “I didn’t know you only miss my scent and not me.”

“Aniya, oppa~” The natural cuteness of Hwejin appeared as she wrapped her arms around his arm. “It’s because I am only able to smell that on you.” She explained.

“What if I told you one of the trainees uses the same cologne as I?” He asked. “Right. Lee Taemin and I have the same cologne… so will you go look for him, too?” He sounded so disappointed and sad.

“Oppa~ Mianhae~” She said and looked up to the guy who’s about few inches taller than her. “Oppa~” She wiggled Jinki’s arm as she tried to get some attention from him. “Oppa~ Look at me, oppa! Mianhae~” She kept on repeating, but Jinki was still resisting. “Oh right.” She let go of him for a bit and searched something on her bag. “Taddaa!!” She took out a piece of lollipop and showed it right in front of his boyfriend’s face. “This should make Oppa feel okay.” She whispered to herself as she took it back and started peeling off the wrapper.

“I’m not a kid anymore, aegi-ah…” Jinki said calmly as he stared back at the space while both of them walk to somewhere they didn’t know where.

She didn’t hear him and suddenly put the lollipop on his mouth. Jinki looked at him in protest but Hwejin giggled.

Jinki took it out after a while and looked at her, “Why do you always associate me with lollipop? I don’t really see you around eating this… but when we’re together, you always have this and always make me eat this.” He asked.

“Because for me, oppa is like a lollipop.” She said.

“Why?”

“I love lollipop.” Hwejin said and that made Jinki smile widely. “See?! I told you I can make you feel better with just a lollipop!” She said.

Jinki sighed and stopped walking as he pulled Hwejin closer to him. While they were in the busy street of Seoul with a lot of people going back and forth, he immediately pulled her for a tight hug.

She smiled as she heard Jinki’s heartbeat again. She loves it when Jinki randomly does this while they are out for a walk. He loves hugging her, whether it’s in the middle of the street, at the gray shades of the tree, or just anywhere, Jinki will just hug her whenever he wants to, and that’s making her really feel loved by him.

“When I debut with the other trainees then we won’t get to do it much often, so I want to do it now while I still have the opportunity to do so.” He whispered while they were in each other’s arms. “You know what… I don’t care about winning anything at all… I just want to see you smile while I’m onstage performing with the others.” He let go of her and looked her in the eyes. “Though I know you’re gaze and your smile are distracting… those were the things that can really make me energetic and hyped up.”

“When oppa gets really famous… I’ll always be there at the audience cheering for you. You will always see me calling your name as I put up a banner with your name on it. I’ll scream and sing along as hard as I can. I’ll be Lee Jinki’s number one fangirl.” She said with full determination, “And I have an advantage since I don’t have to stalk you at all. I’m the fangirl who can see oppa as long as she wants.” She giggled.

“Aniya. I won’t let you be an ordinary fan. You’ll have to sit with me in the dressing room and you’ll watch the whole performance backstage. You’re responsible for giving me a kiss before the performance, and you have to give me a hug after the performance.”

“Wow! How lucky can a fangirl get?!” She said with a very lively tone. “I’m a lucky fangirl then!!”

“You’re not lucky.” He said and Hwejin frowned. “It’s not called luck when you get something you deserve.” Onew smiled and suddenly stole a kiss on her lips.

She was shocked but Jinki was able to run before she could get to hit him in surprise.