Thump Thump

When You Were Mine

 

“Aish, hyung, not with the chicken restaurant again!” Key nagged as the five of them left the practice room to go somewhere for lunch. “We already had roasted chicken yesterday!” He added.

“I want steak!” Taemin said. “Can’t we have it just this once?”

“Chicken .” Jonghyun uttered. “Hyung needs to have a complete y body. He needs proper fiet and work out so we need to eat chicken .”

“Right.” Onew agreed and nodded. Now they have entered the elevator going down.

As the elevator opened at the lower ground floor, Taemin saw someone familiar, “Oh? Isn’t that Director Son?  Let’s call her so she could have lunch with us!”

He was about to run when Onew quickly stopped him, “Didn’t you remember the manager said she has a date today?” He said with a straight face. “Let her go.”

Taemin looked at Onew’s sullen expression. They stopped and stared at her for a while until she was able to completely get out of the company. “Let’s go.” Onew said when he was sure that she’s not there anymore.

Just let her be happy. It’s time for her to get a life, and learn how to love again.

As Hwejin went outside the company, a luxurious car suddenly stopped in front of her. The driver went down and approached her immediately.

“Are you perhaps Director Son Hwejin?” He asked to which she nodded. “Mr. Haiden Kim sent me here to pick you up.” The driver opened the car door for her, “Please go inside so I can take you to the restaurant. He’s waiting there right now.”

She nodded and followed what the driver said. Hwejin felt happy inside. She haven’t met the guy yet but he’s already making a lot of effort to show her how much he likes her, and she must admit… it’s working.

Minutes later and they stopped on a very classy restaurant. The driver opened the door for her and a receptionist immediately went to welcome her, “Director Son Hwejin?” She nodded. “This way to your table with Mr. Haiden Kim.” She smiled and led her inside.

She walked her way inside and immediately spotted a tall man standing, looking at her direction.

Thump. Thump. She suddenly couldn’t explain why her heart jumped and beat abnormally. She unconsciously placed her hand near her heart as if she was preventing it to fall. As she got closer to her, Hwejin realized how the guy just looked at her. She felt like going to the powder room for a while to fix herself because she suddenly felt conscious about how she looked.

Few steps away from the table and the guy walked towards her, waiting for her to finally reach him. “A-Anyongh-hasaeyo…” The guy even stuttered when he greeted her for the first time. “Damn can’t speak Korean so well.”

She can’t help but chuckle when she heard him talk to himself in English. “It’s fine, you can talk to me in English if you can’t speak Korean.” They shy expression of the guy helped her gain more confidence in front of him.

Haiden smiled and shook his head, “Can I just drop the formality?” He asked and again, she smiled while nodding.

“Thanks.” Haiden smiled and lent his hand forward. “I’m sorry I had to make you go here just to meet you. I’m Haiden Kim. President of the future StarSky Entertainment. It’s nice meeting you finally.” He introduced himself.

“Director Son Hwejin.” She smiled as she took his hand for a shakehand. “It’s nice seeing you.”

Haiden pulled the chair for her so she can sit with ease.

“I… I got the flowers. Thank you.” She didn’t forget to thank him for giving her a bouquet this morning.

“Beautiful people like you deserve to receive beautiful things.” He said. There’s a hint of sincerity on his voice. “You see, I didn’t know you will actually say yes to this appointment. I’m glad you came.”

While both of them were eating, he decided to open a conversation again, “You know… I started having a crush on you when I saw you during the awarding event in New York.” He said. “I was thinking of approaching you and befriend you, but I got no chance because a lot of people suddenly surrounded you and I couldn’t find the proper time to talk to you.” He admitted.

“But… there weren’t a lot of people in there, though.” She said. “If you came to me and talked then…”

“I guess I was shy and embarrassed during that time.” He chuckled. “I wasn’t confident enough to talk to you… I think that’s why I wasn’t able to introduce myself.”

“I don’t understand why a man like you can be shy and embarrassed.” She looked at him and smiled. “You don’t look like one.”

“I tend to really be shy in front of someone I like.” He said honestly and looked at her. “You don’t know how much courage I gathered just to finally ask to see you. Let me be honest with you… at first, I planned to get you for my company and there I will start courting you, but I you might probably think I just contacted you for that reason so I’m sticking out into courting you despite the fact that you’re working with the other company.”

She was surprised about how honest he could actually get. When she told her assistant she’s going to leave this person if he’s just after business, then now she’s sure she will never do that.

Hwejin was also surprised about how she managed to feel comfortable around him immediately. Her friendly and manly face gives her the comfort that she can be at ease around him.

“Since I’ve been very openly honest, can I just frankly ask if you would want to go out with me?” He asked. “I mean… it doesn’t necessarily mean we have to be in a relationship already. I just want to… uhmm… at least be sure that you can say yes again the next time I invite you out.” He asked.

She pretended like she was thinking about it until she finally nodded after few seconds. “Fine, then. I also want to know you better.” She smiled.

Alright, Hwejin… he’s one great catch so…


//Say hi to Haiden-baby ~ Hahahaha. XD