It's official

When You Were Mine

 

Hwejin and Haiden were sitting opposite each other eating dinner together that night.

“Are you still going back to the company after this?” Haiden asked.

Hwejin shook her head and looked at him while cutting the meat on her plate. “I’ve finished all the work for today so you can take me home after this.” She said and smiled.

“Wow. Our director is really diligent.” Haiden praised. “No wonder why all the results are very good. You are so dedicated to your work.”

“When are you gonna stop repeating those praises to me?” She chuckled. “Oh by the way… I’m inviting you over SMEnt’s 30th anniversary. There’s gonna be a celebration on the 13th.” She announced.

Haiden frowned and pouted. “Do you think it’s a good idea to go? I’ll look like I’m a gate crasher, and besides, how can a president of another company just budge in without the invitation of the president himself?” He asked.

“Well…” Hwejin hinted a sweet smile. “You won’t go there as StarSky’s President, though…” She looked at her as if she wants to Haiden to read what’s on her mind. “I want you to go there as Son Hwejin’s boyfriend.” She declared.

Haiden looked at her blankly, slowly absorbing and processing the words she just said on his mind. He blinked a couple of times and noticed that she was still looking at her. “Y… you mean…”

“You don’t want to? It’s okay.”

Haiden immediately took her hand and held it tightly, “Are you saying we’re officially in a relationship now?” He asked to confirm it.

Hwejin placed her other hand on top of his and pressed it tight as well, “Yes.” She answered sweetly.

Haiden made a sigh of relief and smiled widely, almost grinning. “You surprised me. If I didn’t learn how to control my emotion then I might have had a scene here.” He uttered exactly. “But… are you serious about this? Do you really want me to be your boyfriend?” He asked to be sure again.

Hwejin removed her hands from him and took the fork and the knife. She cut a meat on her plate and fed Haiden with it. “Tell me how else am I going to prove I’m serious about it?” She said and even wiped the stain of sauce beside his lip with her fingers.

“Wow.” Haiden still couldn’t believe it. “You didn’t know how happy I am today.” He uttered.

“I know.” Hwejin replied. “It shows through your eyes, and I’m glad it made you happy. So… are you going to accept my invitation to the anniversary celebration?”

“Sure babe.” Haiden said and it was his turn to feed her now.

After eating, Haiden decided to take her home since he already knows she’s tired. As they arrived at her apartment, she quickly noticed Hyekyeong standing at the front gate. “She’s just on time.” She said.

Hyekyeong frowned and looked directly at Haiden the moment they went out of the car. Haiden, on the other hand, smiled.

“You didn’t tell me you’re coming.” She said after giving her friend a kiss on the cheek.

“You gave me your spare keys so I decided to just budge in and wait for you inside. You just happened to arrive few seconds after I did.” She smiled and gave a hinting smile to her friend. “Who is he?” She asked.

Hwejin looked at Haiden for a while. In Haiden’s eyes was a doubt that she might not tell her the truth, but Hwejin immediately embraced Haiden’s arms. “Hyekyeongie, I want you to meet the most handsome man in my eyes, Haiden Kim.” She looked up at Haiden, “Oppa, please meet my ever so loving bestfriend, Han Hyekyeong.”

Hyekyeong’s eyes widened, “Your boyfriend?! Since when?!” She shouted both in excitement and surprise.

“Since an hour ago?” She smiled. “You are the first person to know about this.”

“Wow. I’m happy for the both of you!” She said while smiling happily. “But hey, Haiden-ssi, make sure to take care of my bestfriend. If you ever hurt her I swear I’ll gonna break your neck, even your inches and inches taller than me.”

“I’ll break my own neck if I ever make her cry.” He said and chuckled. “Well, I think I need to go now. I must leave you together now since I know you have lots of things to talk about.” He smiled at his girlfriend and immediately planted a soft kiss on her cheeks. “I’ll go home now, see you tomorrow, sweetie.” He said with his sweetest voice.

“Yes. Be safe on your way home. Call me when you arrived at your condo.” She said.

“Yes, ma’am.” Haiden chuckled. “And thank you for this wonderful day. You made this one of the happiest days in my life.” He turned to Hyekyeong and said goodbye as well.

They watched him as his car disappeared with him before the two entered Hwejin’s apartment.

“My bestfriend seems to be so happy right now.” Hyekyeong said to which she smiled. “I’m glad you decided to open your heart again, and I know Haiden will be a good choice. He seems very gentle and considerate towards you.” 


//it's getting more complicated now that Hwejin decided to have a relationship with someone else... hmm. :) Comments guys, I missed talking to you. :(