Regrets.. NO.

When You Were Mine

 

“I thought maybe you need to know about it, since you’re greatly affected by what happened.” Hwejin told Haiden when she decided on telling him the truth – about Onew being the one who was behind everything.

Haiden clenched his fists. “I knew it. That person who was acting like he’s the kindest person in the world…”

“Stop, Haiden. Enough.” Hwejin answered. She has stopped her tears from falling as she did everything just few hours ago.

“He’s madly in love with you… like really, how can you turn an angel into a beast?” Haiden said as he maintained a low gaze on the floor. “Like… imagine that.” He chuckled bitterly. “And look at your swollen eyes. You cried more than the time you thought everything you saw on the photos was real.”

“It wasn’t right. He hurt people for himself. That is really… disappointing. And he lied to me, I asked him about it at first but he lied. I have given him enough opportunities but he just acted innocent.”

“So what are your plans now?” Haiden asked afterwards.

“I broke up with him. We’re done. We will never be okay and happy if he keeps on being like this.” She replied, with a very sad expression on her face.

Haiden nodded and sighed. “But you can’t go back to me anymore.” He said and looked at Hwejin. “I never had you, did I?” He asked, though pain is obvious, Haiden was still trying to act cool about everything. “I’m tired. I’m tired of pretending it’s still me you will love… but I know deep inside your heart, it has always been him.” He said.

“Look at how you are suddenly leaving me when I left Jinki and felt really devastated at the moment. You fought just to see me miserable?” She smiled despite the tears on her face. Haiden smiled back and gently wiped her tears away.

“I have always wanted to take care of you…” He said. “But let me ask you… was it always me who you want to take care of you?” Hwejin didn’t answer so he just smiled. “See. You said yes to me before because you wanted to try living with other person.. and that only made you realize how only him could make you really happy – and that no one could ever do it better.” He said.

“Stop it.” She uttered.

“Jinki has gone too far. In fact, I don’t want to see his face this time because I’m too upset with what he did. But it’s you who know him better than I. It might be that he left me a very bad impression… but what’s more than important is the impression he has always given you.”

“He hurt me. This is not the first time he did this to me.”

Haiden shrugged his shoulders. “Should I be saying this? I have done everything to keep you with me but why do I feel like I really have to set you free? Gosh. You’re making me and my life so confused you know… why does love has to be so complicated?”

Hwejin looked at Haiden.

“Remember what I told you before? The only thing that you’ll regret in life is when you didn’t do something you wished you have done at first. Don’t let yourself regret everything in the end, Hwejin. You don’t know how miserable you can get.”

“Won’t you regret setting me free then?”

“It’s a lost battle, Hwejin ah, isn’t it?” Hwejin only smiled at Haiden. “When you fall in love… you must always be like a soldier. You know when to fight… and you know when to surrender. I will never regret doing this because I fought until I was badly injured. If I go on and battle still battle for this… aren’t you afraid I’ll die soon?” He chuckled.

“I don’t know… I guess it’s better if we just don’t talk for a while. At least we could think things over… and know if we still want to be together or not.” She smiled bitterly.

“Isn’t that why Onew will leave to New York?”

Hwejin immediately looked at Haiden in surprise. She hasn’t heard about that news yet. “New York?”

Haiden nodded as if he was surprised that Hwejin didn’t know about it. “Well… your company talked to Chris yesterday. They told him they’ll pursue the album but for the four members only. Onew won’t be able  to do that since they are sending him to Juilliard in a week.”

“Juilliard? In New York?” Haiden nodded. “Why rush? I mean… they called yesterday and he’ll go there in a week? That is… sudden.”

“I don’t know why.” Haiden answered, “But they seemed to have decided on it even before Onew himself knew about it. He said he’ll live in 2 days and go back to Korea before finally flying to New York.”

Hwejin was speechless about knowing that news suddenly. There was unusual silence at Hwejin tried to think things over.

“Talk to him before he leaves. That’s the best way right now, Hwejin.” Haiden said.

She shook her head and smiled while looking away from him. “I told you it’s best for us not to talk to each other for now.”

“Onew’s gonna stay there for more than a year. Are you sure it’s okay not to talk to him before not seeing him for long?” Haiden asked to which she nodded. “Okay then… I hope you won’t regret it in the end.”


// last two chapters and we're done. :)) Wasn't able to update that much because I talked to a lot of Shawols today ~ hehe. feels nice, though!