.

When You Were Mine

 

“You’re so pretty tonight. This is my first time seeing you in a dress.” Haiden said when he picked up Hwejin that night for the 30th anniversary celebration of SM Entertainment. “I didn’t think you could be prettier than usual. You’re stunning.” He praised continuously.

“Hey, stop praising me.” She said and blushed. “Do you want me to return to my real self?”

“No. No. You’re pretty like that.” He said and opened the car door for her.

While they were driving, Hwejin decided to open one sensitive topic for their relationship. “Uhm… I was thinking if I should say this or not… but… I think it will be better if you know it.” She said.

Haided looked at her, “What is it?”

“Promise me you won’t look at things differently afterwards. When I mention someone’s name who is involved, promise me you’ll treat the person as how you should normally treat someone.” She said.

“Are we going to talk about past relationship? Am I going to see someone related to you before? Come on, I’m always cool about it.” He smiled and looked at the road.

“Well… if that’s the case.” She took a deep breath before continuing. “SHINee’s Onew and I…”

Amidst driving, Haiden’s gaze automatically went straight to her in surprise, “Wait, you’re not telling me you…” There was a huge imaginary question mark on his face.

Hwejin nodded,  “Well… 5 years ago, before I even went to New Jersey.” She admitted.

He made an O face and nodded like what he heard was a revelation that he never expected ever since. “Wow, I had no idea about that.” He said but not in a mad tone of voice. “You look like you’re in good terms, though. When we met them in a restaurant before, he was all happy and cheerful.”

“I think we already got over it… I mean, both of us.” She answered.

“You THINK?” Haiden took a quick look at her, “Perhaps, there’s still a possibility that you get back with him.”

“Oppa… I’m saying this not for you to take him as a rival or someone that you should look out to. I’m saying this because I don’t want you to know it from others. I don’t want you to think I’m hiding something knowing that I work with my ex.” She said honestly.

“You don’t have to feel all worried about me.” He smiled. “When we decided to be together, I’ve put all my trust in you already, and it’s been 5 years. You were still kids back then.” He smiled.

“Thank You.” She smiled and was touched about how understanding her boyfriend is.

“And just in case Onew-ssi tries to steal you away from me…” He made a long pause before continuing, “I swear he’s going to have the hardest time of his life.” He smiled but there was a warning on his face.

“Hey. Treat him nicely, okay?” She requested.

Haiden took one of her hands and gently kissed the back of her palm, “Sure thing, my dear.” He uttered.

**** **** ****

“Hyung.” Jonghyun went over to Onew that moment when he saw Hwejin entered the events hall. “There’s director Son, and she’s with the same guy again.” He said.

The other three guys who were with Onew looked at the same direction, “Wow. They look like a couple made in heaven.” Key praised.

Minho noticed that they were walking arm to arm, “Are they in an official relationship already? They seemed closer and… sweeter.” He said.

“Why don’t we ask?” Key said and walked towards the two.

“Hey, Kibum-ah!” Onew tried to stop but had to follow when he realized that the other three were already walking along with Key.

“Director Son!” Key called and greeted them politely. “H-Haiden Kim? It’s nice to see you again!” The SHINee guy said and they shook hands.

The same went for the other guys. Haiden greeted Onew as if he didn’t hear anything from Hwejin just a while ago.

“We’re glad you came here tonight.” Onew said.

“I can’t say no to her.” Haiden said and wrapped an arm around Hwejin’s waist. “Despite busy schedules, it’s hard to say know when this beautiful lady over here attacks you with sweetness just to make you go with her on an event, and besides, I also want to meet my girlfriend’s co worker.” He uttered and smiled.

“Girlfriend?” Taemin asked.

Hwejin nodded and simply smiled.

“Wow… Congrats.” Jonghyun said but his face doesn’t show the same expression. It was more of a blank face with no exciting emotions at all.

“We’re happy for you.” Minho said with the same blank and straight expression. They noticed then that Onew wasn’t uttering anything at all. Instead of letting Hwejin and Haiden realized Onew’s switch of mood, the boys decided to pull Onew out of the couples sight by going to another crowd of idols.


//Say.. Onew, I'm sorry but you need this.