High Five !

When You Were Mine

 

“Please enter the recording room now, Onew-ssi.” The recording staff uttered when Taemin went out of the room. It’s Onew’s turn to record his voice for their new English single. Onew smiled and stood up to follow. “Are you listening well to the guys’ voice?” The staff then turned to Director Son who was busy reviewing the music. She was also trying to analyze the good shots by knowing whose voice will appear on this part and that… so technically, she goes whenever SHINee goes.

“Yeah. In fact, I know by now that this music will hit the market on top.” She smiled as she looked at the paper and reread what she finished writing.

“Onew has this kind of hot and cold feel. I don’t know how to interpret that… but his voice feels warm, yet feels like a cold breeze. I don’t know how a voice can make me feel both the opposites.”

“I totally understand that. I’ve been with the guys a lot of times in Korea, so I’m quite good at distinguishing their voices and identifying how they sound.”

“While Onew there is still preparing, can you enumerate to me the kind of voices SHINee has?” He said and chuckled at his own antic.

“Well…” Hwejin lifted up her head a bit while thinking. “It’s weird, but the manliest voice goes to Key.” She chuckled. “Minho has the sorrowful voice, I don’t know why I feel it that way. Jonghyun obviously has the most powerful voice, Taemin owns the iest voice, while Onew…”

“Onew is??”

“Sweetest. I don’t know he may be eating a lot of cotton candy before singing.” Both of them chuckled. Onew who was inside signaled that he’s already set so the staff returned to his work.

Hwejin could clearly hear how his voice sounds, and just like what she said a while ago… it’s the sweetest, and could even melt her heart on the spot.

It may be that he indeed has the sweetest voice, or I just love him so much that’s why I’m melting.

She was drawn at the entrancement of his voice when someone entered the room she’s in. “Hey, guys, what’s up?”

Haiden’s presence suddenly bothered the four members and Hwejin. Onew was inside for recording, and seeing the person he hates might coz some trouble to his emotions and voice.

“Wow. Nice voice.” Haiden praised because what welcomed him was Onew’s high long note. It was perfect as he was closing his eyes feeling the emotions of it. “Got some nice notes over there.” He praised again and even clapped his hand in amusement.

Key tried to examine his actions. He figured out they were all genuine and true. It literally showed on Haiden’s eyes that he was attracted to Onew’s voice.

“Hey, you didn’t mean Haiden could be so gay.” Jonghyun whispered when Key told him about his observation. “A guy melting over another guy’s voice – not mentioning they are love rivals. You must be kidding me, Kibummie.” Jonghyun chuckled.

“Who knows maybe at the end of this you’ll see Haiden trying to hook up with Onew hyung, and not with Hwejin anymore.”

“Your imagination, Kibummie. That is not funny.”

“It will be funny… really really funny to find Onew hyung confusing himself over Hwejin and Haiden. They’re both letter H, oh my… Onew-hyung… you’re in trouble because of your voice.”

“That voice sure melts a lot of fan’s hearts.” Haiden praised again.

JongKey looked at each other and chuckled. “One more praised and I’ll start to believe in you, Kibummie.” Jonghyun uttered and they looked up at the frozen Haiden.

“Wow. He deserves that high note. He hits it perfectly!”

“High five!” Jonghyun shouted and Key followed, gaining the attention of the people inside the technical room.

“What’s that?” Minho said in a gross face.

“Haiden, what are you doing here?” Hwejin asked and Haiden took the empty seat beside her – the one Onew was occupying just a while ago.

“I’m here to check on SHINee.” He looked at Hwejin. “Hey I’m here for work – not for anything else.”

“I know~” Hwejin cleared and listened to Onew’s voice again.

Onew, on the other hand, noticed that Haiden suddenly appeared and sat right beside Hwejin. He started to get pissed until he asked the staff to reverse the mic so he could sing while facing the wall. He said it could make him even more focused as he always feels awkward recording in front of a lot of people.

“But he was okay just a while ago. Those notes were perfect actually.” Haiden said when he heard Onew’s reason of facing the wall. “He should’ve been straight forward of telling that it’s because I came in.” He chuckled. “SHINee’s doing well as usual, so I guess I don’t need to stay.” Haiden stood up and looked at Hwejin. “Wanna eat lunch later on? Or you have plans already?”

Hwejin nodded. “I’m dining out with Onew oppa after this.” She said.

“Sure thing.” Haiden smiled. “Goodbye then~” He didn’t forget to plant a small kiss on Hwejin’s cheek.

Good thing Onew didn’t see it as he was facing the wall.

Haiden then took the mic connected inside so Onew could hear him. “Onew-ssi, you can look here now because I’m leaving, and besides, your inspiration’s here, and it’s not the wall obviously.” He said and left.

“Why did he tell that?” Minho suddenly turned to Taemin.

“He likes hyung.” Taemin shrugged his head and uttered.

JongKey heard Taemin so they were like “High Five!!” to each other.


// Can't make Onew a bad guy so I'm making Haiden a gay? Something's wrong with me, like seriously ~