Just like the old times

When You Were Mine

 

Lights went off… the only thing the people could see was the heartbeat like rhythm of the light at the center along with the same sound.

Hwejin was having cold sweat as she waits for the next scene. “They should do well. They should do well. God, please… don’t let them encounter technical difficulties.” She chanted nervously while she was at the back.

“Director, please don’t say much. You’re wearing a cue phone,  or do you want us to change position?” Her assistant director said. Hwejin decided to keep there at the backstage to monitor what’s happening. Her assistant was in the technical room providing the effects and all the technicalities.

“Oh. Sorry. I’m just nervous.” She said.

A huge explosion was heard along with the sudden popping out of five members who jumped on the center stage together, being lighted by the spotlight that was beating just a while ago.

She heard the fangirls screaming… and it made Hwejin even more nervous. She knew how huge their fandom is, and if this comes out as a fail, it’s her call to answer all of them.

Everything is going just alright and good. SHINee are now on their first performance while singing SHINee World, the newly remixed version. They will sing AMiGo right after finishing SHINee World.

It went smoothly as how she expected it to be. SHINee are really professionals. They know what to do without being asked to. They change clothes themselves without any help from the noonas who are also in chaos because everything is happening in a rush. Hwejin could only look and make sure it will go according to plan.

She was okay and all fine until she looked at her cue list… the next on line was… Onew’s solo performance.

Hey, Hwejin, there’s no time to drool over the living Greek God so fix yourself and be attentive.

The lights were off for about 10 seconds and the fans suddenly screamed when they heard a violin music in the air. As the spotlight opened directing to a certain spot in the audience… fans screamed so hard as Onew went out wearing a white longsleeve with only one button closed. His every movement reveal his bare chest… and fans almost died just watching his outfit being such a tease.

Oh God… Even Hwejin herself wasn’t sure if she’s living or she has died by looking at him. He was standing on an elevated stage which moves right above the audiences.

She was standing there watching when a coordi noona suddenly put a towel on her shoulder, “I’m sorry Director-nim, but could you give this to Onew-ssi once he finished the solo? Thank you.” That and the coordi noona rushed to fix Taemin which solo’s will come up just after Onew. She unconsciously nodded, didn’t really understand what the unnie said. She was there frozen and all hypnotized by his – whatever – figure.

She was staring too long that she didn’t even realize it was finished. Onew ran back to the backstage and almost bumped to her as she wasn’t looking at him approaching. She blinked a couple of times before realizing that it was him in front of her.

“Oh… Gosh. You’re sweating a lot.” Those were the first thing that came to her mind right when he appeared in front of her.

“I know. I need to prepare now for the next stage after Taemin.” He was obviously in a rush so he was about to pass her by when she held his arm back.

“Wait. Dry yourself a bit.” She said and that’s when she realized the towel that was placed on her shoulder. She took it and wiped some of his sweat on the forehead.

“I’ll change clothes from here, I guess. I’m sorry.” He apologized but suddenly took his longsleeve outfit. The damn Onew’s fine, slim, but already a bit muscular body was exposed right in front of her eyes. He was sweaty down to his belly button and she couldn’t help but look at the sparkles of sweat on his chest, down to his abdominal area.

“Y-you-you sho-should wip-wipe th-those off, t-too…” She stuttered as he told him to wipe his body as well.

“Thank You.” Onew took the towel and his hands slightly brushed against her. She felt his one touch for a millisecond and it already sent her tons of electricity that travels through her spine.

He turned and went straight to the dressing area and Hwejin saw how broad his back is. It was just to die for.

“Director!” That shout from a staff brought her back to reality. Oh yes. She’s a director as of the moment, not some fangirl who drools over an oppa.

Few minutes later and it was time for SHINee’s encore stage.

“Oh wait… I see some questions posted up as banners. Should we read them? Just few that we can be able to see.” Key said as he find so much amusement into knowing that fans lifted up some funny and cute questions for them.

“Can you not go abroad and just stay here with us?” Minho read and all of them went aww… “Oh. We need to go abroad because there are also fans just like you who patiently waits for us to visit them, but don’t worry, despite being away, we still feel for you, guys.” He said and the fans screamed.

“Should we bully Onew hyung with random questions?” Jonghyun said because he noticed that a lot of questions were Onew. “Are you now choosing a girl over chicken?” It caused laugh from the fans and SHINee themselves but Onew seriously couldn’t answer the question.

“Pass!” Onew shouted.

“Did Onew oppa purposely didn’t smile for several weeks because he’s been missing a chicken?”

“Guys, what’s up with all the chicken questions?” Onew said sounding a bit irritated but it was just a joke. “Well… I didn’t smile for several weeks because… I forgot, too. I even thought my name was Jonghyun during those weeks.” Again, it caused laughter to the audience.

“Is Onew oppa aware that there are fansites supporting the Jinki – Hwejin couple?”

Taemin read it out loud and it was too late before the hyung could actually get to stop him. They were in a daze and speechless for some seconds until Jonghyun spoke up.

“Wow, our fans are daebak. They even know our great Director’s name!!” He shouted. “But I’m jealous. I should be the one being shipped with Director Son and not Onew hyung!”

The other guys got Jonghyun so Minho followed by, “Director and I are pretty close. We fit more than anybody else.”

“But Director Son likes guys with style. I’m perfectly her ideal type.” Key added.

“I don’t know about hyungs but… Noona, can we talk later?” Addressing those words to the director, the fans screamed hard and went super wild.

“Yah! Our Director will gain antis if you are all like that!” Onew then said after. “Our precious Director backstage made this concert. Answering that question. I didn’t know Director Son and I have supporters. Director-nim, I didn’t know you got that popular now. You should go out with at least BB Cream. Fans are taking photos of you so Director must always be beautiful.” He chuckled and made a smile backstage directing to Hwejin. It made her heart melt and she wasn’t sure how to get back on reality.

You’re driving me crazy, pabo.

Several minutes have passed and the concert ended with the fans shouting “HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEADER ONEW.”

What welcomed them backstage was the crowd of people congratulating them for a very successful concert.

“Oh? Umma? Appa?!” Hwejin was so surprised to see her parents because they didn’t inform her that they will arrive in Korea that day. “You didn’t tell me you’re coming!” She teared up when she realized how she missed these two people who are very important to her.

“That was a very great concert, my dear. I’m glad you made it.” Her mother uttered.

On the other hand was Onew with his parents.

“As usual… my son.” His father uttered as he rubbed his back in happiness.

“Happy Birthday, my dear. You’ve been very great and I love you so much.” She said. Onew smiled and hugged her mother tightly. “Is there going to be a celebration?”

“Yes, umma… they will also celebrate my birthday so you should come with us.”

His mother smiled. “Remember what we used to do years ago? We celebrate your birthday with Hwejinnie and her parents at home. I missed her and her family. Let’s do it again tonight. I’ve asked the maids to prepare good foods. Can we go home after 2 hours of celebration with the staff?”

He was about to say no…

“It will hurt umma if you reject this one time request. I missed Hwejin a lot. You didn’t tell me that she was in charge of all these. I only knew it when I saw her a while ago. It was also a good thing because her parents just arrived from the States. We should celebrate together, just like the old times, right?”

“Should we go home now with her parents and wait for them at home to eat together? We need to chat with Haena and Baekjin because it’s been five years!”

The couple decided to leave earlier and asked Onew to go home with Hwejin 2 hours after the celebration.


// told you I'm not busy. Come on, give me some comments!! I want it long!!! :)) LOL. I demand too much, eh?