The day hasn't ended

When You Were Mine

 

“By the looks of it, I’m guessing hyung had a confrontation with Hwejin.” Key said when Onew left the table after eating without saying anything. He entered his room and shut it close. They even heard him locked it.

“After the messy performance was a confrontation with the ex girlfriend. This is such a depressing day for Hyung.” Minho shook his head as he took a glass of water to drink. “Though I can’t really understand why he made so many mistakes during the performance itself.”

“Should we ask him about what happened?” Taemin asked as he felt so curious about what happened to his hyung. “We must know since I’m very worried about hyung right now.”

“We’ll talk to him once he feels better.” Key stood up and started to gather all the leftovers. They were already finished eating. “For now, let us give him some time to think about things by himself.”

The other three helped him out clean the table until Jonghyun found something on it. “Oh? Isn’t this hyung’s wallet?” He asked and showed it to them.

“Yes.” Minho answered. “He probably forgot it there. I’ll give it to him.” He was about to take the wallet when Jonghyun pulled it back to him.

“Wait.” He said and started flipping the wallet open. “Let’s peek a little and see how much he has right now.” His naughty expression appeared.

“Yah. That’s not good, Kim Jonghyun.” Key said.

“I’m not getting anything. I’m just curious about… oh is this omonim and appuji??” He smiled after seeing Onew’s photo with his parents on his wallet. “Look. On the other side was our photo taken during SWC I. Hyun really kept everything neatly.” Jonghyun uttered.

“It’s time to get it back to him, hyung.” Minho was about to take it again when he resisted one last time.

“Look… there’s something else behind our photo.” He slowly pulled something outside and what surprised them was… “This is Hwejin, guys, look.” It was a photo that was taken on SHINee’s old practice room where Onew and Hwejin were wearing cute party hats and him holding a cake with three candles in it.

It was during his birthday and they can’t celebrate during the day because Onew was busy during training. Hwejin surprised him during the night and they celebrated together after the training. Both of them also went home and celebrated the rest of the night with Onew’s parents. He also called Hwejin’s parents so the 2 families were there during Onew’s birthday.

“Need I say more?” Jonghyun said while smiling teasingly as the other three stared at the photos.”

**** **** ****

Onew, on the other hand, tried to relax himself as he lied with his back on the bed. He stared at the empty ceiling and tried to reflect with what happened during the day.

It was awesome… It was fine… until he saw her at the audience during their 1st performance. Though he knows he can’t blame her for that, he has to admit to himself that he did a lot of mistake because of her presence.

She’s a great distraction. It was very hard to admit, but he couldn’t do anything about it.

Yes, I thought I forgot everything after 5 years of separation, but I just didn’t know what happened. My heart and mind are probably playing a stupid game with me. They are trying to make me confused by giving me these feelings that they made me believe I didn’t have anymore.

“Hey, Lee Jinki. If you don’t contain yourself then you’ll be in such a mess while she’s still here. Not try to be affected, okay?” He talked to himself.

He was thinking deeply when his phone rang. “Yeah, hyung?” It was the manager.

“6 hours. 2 million views.” He uttered referring to SHINee’s newest music videos.

“Deh?” It took him five seconds before he could understand what the director meant. “Oh… really?! Daebak!” He reacted after a while.

“Get yourselves ready. We are going to have a late celebration event tonight with the director.” He uttered.

“Hyung, it’s late. It’s really late.” And I don’t want to go see her at this time of night.

“Can’t you give me this time, Jinki-yah? These are some of the excuses I can make to see her personally. Please?? Come on, I’ll call the others, too, so prepare.” The manager said and ended the call quickly.

Onew sighed… the messy day hasn’t ended yet.