Forbidden Jealousy

When You Were Mine

 

“Director Son, are you going somewhere?” The assistant stood up as she saw Hwejin coming out of her office.

“I feel bored inside. I’ll just go get something to eat.” She smiled. “Just in case someone looks for me, tell them I’ll be back within an hour. I just need to unwind a little.” She said and walked away.

As she approached the elevator, a very familiar face suddenly stood beside her, waiting for the elevator to open as well.

“You’re going somewhere?” Onew asked when Hwejin looked at him.

“Just… just going to eat anywhere.” She answered. Hwejin suddenly felt nervous and awkward, and she doesn’t know why. “How- how about you?”

“The same.” He simply said and then the door of the elevator opened. Both of them entered and Onew pressed the button for the 1st floor.

“What do you want to eat then?” Onew asked as he looked up to see how the floor levels go.

Hwejin looked at him in confuse and surprise. Is he perhaps telling her that they are going to eat together since both of them are going out for the same purpose?

“Pizza.” Hwejin uttered. “Oh. You like to eat pizza, right?” She looked surprise and smiled widely at him. Onew looked back and nodded.

“Yes. I’m going out to eat some, in fact.” He said. “Since concert is approaching and I have to reveal some sking, coordi noonas are very strict when it comes to my diet, so can we please just keep this as a secret between the two of us?” He smiled and sighed. “I’ll forget about you being our concert director for a while, just please allow me to eat some pizza.” He asked her with puppy eyes.

“Sure!” Hwejin answered in a bright expression. “I would love to eat with…” She was cut off when Onew’s phone suddenly rang.

“Oh wait a bit.” He interrupted her from talking and took the phone to converse with the one who called. “I’m on my way~ In a bit~” He talked like a child talking to his mum on the phone. Hwejin couldn’t help but frown while thinking about who the person was.

“Oh. I didn’t know you were eating with someone.” She said and a blank expression appeared.

Onew looked at her for a second, then he smiled and nodded. “Luna was bored at their dorm so she called me out asking me to treat her on a pizza house. Since I crave for it as well, I decided to sneak out for today.” He said honestly.

“Oh… oh… sure.” She forced a smile and nodded as if it was very very alright. “No problem. You go enjoy your time with her.” She said.

The door opened again and as the elevator opened, Luna appeared right in front of them. She’s waiting for Onew to go down.

“Oh? Annyonghasaeyo, Director-nim!” Luna flashed her usual bright expression and greeted her with a 90 degree bow. “It is nice meeting you on times like this.” She said.

“Deh.” She smiled at her and looked at Onew after. “I’ll go ahead, okay?”

“Oh. Director-nim, do you want to eat with us? I feel apologetic of not approaching you the last time we met on the restaurant so if you accept our invitation. It would be fun to hang around with you today!” Luna asked, still wearing the huge smile on her face.

“Well… I… I…” She took her phone out and acted like dialing someone’s number. “I’m also waiting for Haiden’s message because he’s going to pick me up in few minutes.” She lied.

“Really?” Luna showed a disappointed look.

“We’re going ahead then.” Onew said. “Let’s go?” He walked ahead and Luna bowed to her one last time before following Onew outside.

When she saw no trace of them at all, she dialed Haiden’s phone for real. “Can we see each other today? I want to eat some pizza.” She said in a sweet and cute tone.

“I’m sorry I can’t make it, darling.” Haiden replied. “I have some meetings to attend today, plus we never really planned this beforehand. Can we make a schedule to see when we will get some pizzas? I’ll put it on my schedule and I’ll call you again later, okay? Bye for now, honey, love you.” He quickly said over the phone and ended the call.

If there’s one thing she doesn’t like about Haiden, it’s probably the idea that she cannot go out with him out of nowhere. Every date they make has to be planned and scheduled. They cannot go out with just a simple call or when someone just wants to hang around with the other. Just like now… she likes to just hang around with him but she can’t since it wasn’t scheduled earlier.

She sighed and decided to call her loving friend instead. Hyekyeong made a positive response and instead of going with Haiden, she’s going to eat with Hyekyeong on a pizza house today.

**** **** ****

“He’s going out with someone, too?” Hyekyeong asked when she finished telling her what happened just a while ago.

“She’s an idol from the same company… and from what I heard, they’re pretty close.” She said.

“Wow.” Hyekyeong said and then she smiled. “I’m glad both of you are having your own lives now. At least, it’s not like before where you get so awkward and unease when seeing each other. It’s better now. I can say you both got over each other already.” She uttered and took another slice of pizza.

“Deh.” She answered shortly and took a sip on her iced tea. “They look good.” She commented with a tone not matching with the mood of her statement.

“Good enough.” Hyekyeong replied.

“They look happy together as well.” It was almost a whisper coming from Hwejin.

That’s when Hyekyeong noticed the different expression that she didn’t expect from her. “Hey… what’s with the mourning expression? You look like someone just died. Is something wrong with you?” She asked.

“Oh?” Hwejin just realized what she was doing. “I’m alright. Nothing’s wrong!” She uttered.

“Hey… Hwejin-ah. Don’t tell me you’re jealous?” Hyekyeong said as if she already read her mind.

“Of course not!!” She shouted in defense. “Why would I get jealous?! I have a boyfriend, you know, and we’re happy as well.” She insisted.

“Good.” Hyekyeong remarked. “You better not be jealous or feel anything at all… coz you, yourself, know you will be in great trouble once you, do, feel affected about seeing him with other woman.” Those words coming from Hyekyeong put her into deep thought again.


//This is the first time I'm actually accepting Luna to be with Onew in a while. LOL. TBH, I would want Luna to be the least girl partnered with Onew... I don't know, they look so good together it becomes an eyesore for me. I'm sorry but you know how I love Onew... LOL. Please. But I don't hate or dislike Luna, okay?? I love her when she's with F(x) or doing solos. she has a very beautiful voice and a bright personality... just please don't get too close with Onew. Both of you suit so well I can't handle it. -.- Time to go sleep now. :D