Comeback

When You Were Mine

 

“Did the director tell you something about her going here today?” The manager asked as he entered the waiting room where SHINee was getting ready for their comeback recording.

Key looked at him and frowned while someone was putting a mic on him, “Director? You mean Director Son?” He asked to which the manager nodded. “Why would she be here anyways?”

“I saw her on the audience. Right on the first row.” He uttered.

The other four members suddenly paid attention after hearing what he said. “You mean she’ll watch the performance?” Jonghyun asked with a funny face.

“I think so.” He shrugged his shoulders and smiled widely, “Can I check on her for a bit? I’ll be back before the recording starts.” He patted Jonghyun’s back and walked away, leaving all four of them surprised of the manager’s expression.

“Does he have a crush on the director?” Jonghyun looked funny as he raised an eyebrow towards Minho. His index finger was pointing at the door where the manager just left a while ago.

“Dong Jun-hyung?” Minho chuckled. “That’s funny, hyung. Their like… 9 years apart?”

“I heard he really likes her.” The coordi noona who was putting a final touch up on Minho heard their conversation. “He gets all excited everytime she’s around, and he really admitted it during the Music Video filming.”

There are a total of 3 managers in SHINee. One of them handles their schedule and arranged meeting for them. One of them in charge with the reporting towards the head management in SM Entertainment, and the other one, Lee Dong Jun is the solely responsible whenever they have stage performances and appearances. The three commonly go together during filming and big performances, but during simple days or if it’s not really necessary, then one is enough to go with them during schedules.

Onew looked at them, curious of what they were talking about. “Are they talking about Director nim and Manager nim?” He asked innocently. The coordi noona nodded. “Why? Is there something going on between the two of them? Are they dating or what? Why didn’t I know about anything?” He asked continuously nonstop, even beating Key’s way of nagging at the members.

“Chill, nothing’s going on. It’s just that… Dong Jun-oppa has a crush on her.” The coordi noona answered. “Who won’t like her anyways? She’s pretty perfect I think she can do almost everything. She looks like a pretty sophisticated professional but she works like a man.” She giggled.

Few minutes later and the manager came back telling them to prepare for the stage.

As they approached the stage, Onew’s eyes quickly captured Hwejin’s sight at the audience. He stepped back unconsciously, stepping into Minho’s foot who was just behind him.

“Hyung, are you okay?” Minho asked as he pushed him back gently. “Is there something wrong?” He asked.

“A-aniya…” He tried to smile and hide the sudden awkwardness that he felt. “Are you ready, guys? Let’s go and give our best performance! Fighting!!” He shouted and made a closed fist as he punched it in the air. He then proceeded to walking at the stage.

I shouldn’t make eye contact on that person sitting on the 3rd seat at the front row. No, Jinki, don’t ever look at the right side of the audience.

They positioned themselves on the stage while five of them were still fooling around. As the music started, the charismatic SHINee appeared for their last full rehearsal.

As Onew sings, the red light on the camera on his right side flashed. He looked at it only to realize that Hwejin was sitting right just a little behind the camera.

Onew Mistake Count: 1

“Hyung, hyung, not there, run to the right side, now.” Key immediately whispered as he noticed Onew getting lost at the stage. Good thing Onew regained his active mind and he was able to adjust quickly.

Onew’s verse again, the right camera signaled on and he looked at it again. On the far corner of his eye he saw Hwejin silently watching, not cheering or anything, just keenly observing what’s happening onstage.

Onew Mistake Count: 2

Onew forgot the whole line and looked at Jonghyun for back up. The younger was alert enough to catch his forgotten phrase.

Onew Mistake Count: 3

Onew almost tripped as he tried to quickly move from one place to another. The four members started to feel unease as they were surprised why the hyung is suddenly messing up. It was whole perfect just a while ago when they did the first rehearsal before they changed clothes. They didn’t know what suddenly got into him that he’s being like that.

“We’ll start the real recording 2 minutes from now, SHINee. Please standby.” The staff said but the members gathered together and formed circle onstage as they have urgent meeting.

“Hyung, are you sure you’re okay?” Jonghyun asked while patting his hyung’s back.

Onew nodded and wiped the sweat that starting to reappear on his forehead.

“Are you not feeling comfortable on your outfits?” Key asked. He shook his head.

“It’s okay.” Onew answered.

“Are you hurting somewhere?” Minho answered and Onew shook his head again.

“Are you hungry?” Taemin asked lastly. “Don’t worry, hyung, if you’re worrying about food, let’s go eat a large meal later on.” He smiled cutely at hyung and that made Onew chuckled.

“I’m sorry I’m making you all worried.” He smiled. “I promise I won’t mess up this recording. It’s live. We can’t make any mistake.” He uttered and the staff announced that they will start the recording already.

Onew Mistake Count: 4…. 5… 6….

It was supposed to be perfect, but the hyung wasn’t able to perfect his performance himself. There were several mishaps that were pretty obvious. Though fans some of his mistakes to be so cute, still they know how it turned out not to be satisfying.

“Onew-oppa, you’re so cute!” The fans all shouted as they bowed at the audience to say goodbye.

Onew headed out fast after they said goodbye. He was so depressed. It didn’t turn out perfectly as how they expected it to be because of him. He felt ashamed and sorry for his dongsaengs who did their best for the comeback stage. He just gave them a huge burden and he’s really upset about it.

“It’s okay, hyung, you probably just got nervous or something.” Minho entered the room first and immediately consoled Onew. The hyung was currently sitting lazily while looking at the ground. His hands placed on his forehead while his elbows rest on his lap.

Onew didn’t talk and just kept his head down. The four members were worried. Onew would surely sulk big time because of what happened. Even the managers and the coordinators couldn’t do anything about it. Onew has a tendency to blame himself and think of it as a serious offence. It will take some time for him to be able to feel okay about it, to think that it happened right during their comeback performance.

Just then, Hwejin came inside the waiting area wearing a smile on his face, “I thought it would be disrespectful if I leave without greeting you all personally. I’m sorry I had to watch you without prior permission. I just need to see how SHINee is when they perform live.” She smiled. “You all did great. I’m glad I was able to watch the whole thing. It’s perfect.” She uttered.

Onew sighed sarcastically and looked at her, “Perfect? You call that perfect?” He asked.

“If you’re talking about your mistakes then it’s pretty normal. No one can expect everything to run out smoothly on the first try.” She defended. “Don’t think too much about it. Just do well next time. I know you can perfect it.” She replied.

“You don’t know anything.” Onew shook his head as he stood up on his seat and walked out of the room. He didn’t walked aggressively or hit anything. He left silently as if asking them for his privacy in a while. The room then suddenly acquired a sad and moody atmosphere.


//Forget what I said before. I'm not really good on keeping the promise when it comes to being hiatus. I can't stand it. The story keeps on bugging me off from time to time that I feel like being killed if I don't get to write any progression. So there... I don't want to be in hiatus. GAAHH. I'll die with that.

But it's not easy updating, though. Normally, an update that long will last from 45 min- 1 hour in writing... but this took me almost 4 hours before I could get to finish it... so please bear with me as the updates gets slower by 50 percent... but I'll still do update marathon if ever SHINee, and Onew, and Minho, don't bug me off tomorrow. Bye for now. then,