Deal

When You Were Mine

 

“Hyung. Hyung.” Onew gently opened his eyes as he heard someone calling out. The light from the studio welcomed him as he had completely woken up. “You slept here?” It was Minho talking to him.

As he realized what he was supposed to be doing there, Onew immediately looked around to see if she’s there. “Was I with someone?” He asked when he didn’t find Hwejin anywhere. It could be that Hwejin left before SHINee arrived.

“I don’t know but we saw you sleeping here just now. You were alone and all the lights were closed.” Key explained. “What are you doing here?” The four members looked at each other. Should they open the topic or change it and lead it somewhere else? “Practicing during midnight up to morning?” Key decided to do the second option.

“Oh… yeah.” Onew stood up and just agreed to what he thought Key was thinking. “I… I practiced… a lot. I just slept 2 hours ago.” He uttered.

Jonghyun went towards him and patted his back. “Do you want to go home and wash yourself first? We could rehearse for a while and you can just go back after you’ve freshen up yourself.”

“You can also get some sleep at the dorm, hyung.” Taemin added.

Onew just nodded and went out of the studio. The members knew something’s wrong. Was he stood up by Hwejin? They didn’t know but sure they know Onew will get worse if they try to make him talk about it. They’ve known Onew to handle everything by himself. He’ll just walk to them if he cannot handle it anymore.

Just 5 minutes after Onew left, Hwejin came in – almost rushing.

“H-hi.” She wasn’t aware that SHINee was already inside when she opened the door – still catching her breath.

“Annyong.” SHINee were all aware why Hwejin barge in just like that, but they acted like they were all clueless and surprise by her sudden appearance. “What’s up?” Minho asked and smiled.

“N-nothing… I just… I just thought of barging in since I’m on my way to see the CEO.” She smiled.

“It’s nice to see you again.” Jonghyun smiled and waved. “We’ve been practicing for some shows though Onew hyung went home for a while to freshen up himself.” Jonghyun knows Hwejin was secretly wishing they could talk about Onew, so he opened the topic himself.

“He slept all night here and we don’t know why. He seemed irritated and all when he left. I wonder what’s happening.” Key added. He noticed the worries that appear on Hwejin’s face.

“I heard last night hyung was supposed to meet someone. Were they supposed to meet at the company? He has no one with him this morning, though.” Taemin just added fuel to the fire.

“Probably got stood up that’s why he’s that annoyed.” Minho said while trying to contain his laugh. They were all playing with Hwejin and they seemed to like the effect on it to Hwejin.

“That person… why wait for the whole night?” She whispered to herself.

“Are you saying something, Director?” Key said when he noticed her talking to herself.

“Ah. Nothing. Just nothing.” She smiled. “I’m disturbing so much I think I should go. See yah!” She said, waved finally and then closed the door again.

“The CEO’s office not on this way, though.” Minho said and shrugged his shoulders. “That two… got everything more complicated when they decided to be together.” He added.

Hwejin went back to her office all worried and at unease. She wasn’t able to reach Onew last night when she was trying to call him. He probably shut his phone off. She took her phone again and dialed Onew’s number. It was ringing… until Haiden entered her office.

“You didn’t wake me up before leaving.” He said and sat at the couch on the receiving area.

“Why did you come here? Don’t you have any more things to do?” She asked.

“It’s a two day vacation.” He said, looked at her and smiled endearingly. “I’m not supposed to do anything but watch my girlfriend while she works prettily.” He uttered.

“Haiden…” She sighed.

Haiden shrugged his shoulders and took a magazine to read. “I’m not the type to rot myself at home, and besides, I’m not planning to feel like a house husband waiting for his wife to arrive from home.” He looked at Hwejin and smiled again. “I love you but me cooking for you is a no-no.” He uttered and chuckled. “I don’t know how to cook, but you insist, then I’ll study a dish some time.”

“Are you guarding me off?” Hwejin asked when she couldn’t contain it anymore.

Haiden shook his head. “What’s wrong with just being my girlfriend?” He asked.

Hwejin was about to give a reply when someone went inside their office. “Mr. Kim, the CEO is waiting for you at his office right now.”  Haiden smiled and stood up.

“I’m actually here for a purpose. See you soon, honey.” He said and left her office, leaving Hwejin clueless of why he was going to meet the CEO.

*** *** ***

“So you mean you want us to work together?” The CEO said with eyebrows meeting. “I mean, why SM?”

“You have lots of good stars. Whoever we choose will get to be on the top of Australian Charts. So how’s it? An album produced by an Australian Company. My friend said he’s interested in getting one of your artists to work with us.” He uttered – a complete businessman in words.

“You mean, the three of us: You, the Australian producer, and I will team up to create an Australian Album?”

“Since those will be all English songs I guess we’re not only targeting Australian market here. Once the international fans heard of this, for sure they’ll anticipate an English Album.” He said smiling – as if he was all sure that his plan will work. “I didn’t regret not opening my own agency yet. This collaboration and such will be much bigger.” At 27, Haiden sounded like an old business tycoon who has undergone a lot of experience when it comes to business.

“Sounds interesting and profitable.” The CEO said… “So who are you going to produce in my artists?”

“They have met the standards of the international fans and it’s never tiring to listen to their song. The Australian producer wants to work with SHINee.” Haiden Kim said. “Now look… we have a big market, a big group… and a director who stands out internationally. What’s there not to be sure about profits?” He smirked and when the CEO smiled back, Haiden knew it was a deal.


//Haiden just won't shut up, you know? What will happen now that SHINee's going to work with Hwejin again - under the supervision of his overly obsessed/possesive/selfish/self centered/childish/immauture supposedly "ex-boyfriend"?? Comments everyone!!