Take Care of your heart

When You Were Mine

 

 “December 14. That’s 2 weeks from now.” The head production staff told Hwejin one morning while they were busy recapping the VCRs that will be played during concerts. They were updating what’s up and how the progression for the preparation is being made.

Hwejin suddenly thought, it’s his birthday.

“Wow. Onew’s birthday.” The manager reacted in whisper. “We could celebrate right after the concert then.” He added.

“These are all good. The VCRs are all ready… the layout for the concert is perfect. How about the boys? Are they all set?”

“SHINee has been all set ever since.” The manager proudly said. “They are ready for the concert. Solo concerts are all new, but they told me their very good enough for it now.”

“That’s good then.” She said. “Once the stage has been set up, they should practice there for several times. The liftings are more often than before… plus, we made a lifter big enough to carry five of them as they go around the audience while singing. They should get use to that.” She smiled. “I’m excited to see the results of all these things we’re making. This is my first time to handle such concert so please bear with me as I get all spazzy about it.”

“It’s alright. We’re also looking forward to how the concert will turn out, knowing it was all planned by the most intelligent director I’ve known.” The head of production praised. Hwejin blushed and was really flattered. True enough, she’s really looking forward to see how her plans turned out. For sure it will be all worth her sleepless nights just to create this huge concert for SHINee.

There was a TV set on the production head’s office so the manager said, “Onew-ssi and Luna-ssi’s stage performance is today. Do you want to see it?” Without any reply from anybody, the manager took the controller and opened it, switching the channel and saw that they are already airing Luna and Onew’s stage performance.

Hwejin stared at it… blankly. Slowly capturing the emotions the sight brings to her. Onew… reaching out to hold Luna’s hand as both of them smiled at each other while they sing. The loving eyes of Luna… looking at the responding gazes of Onew. Everything on that stage was a plain heartbreak to her…

“If SM doesn’t want the two to get into scandal… then why do they have to make them collaborate into one sweet performance?” One of the three people inside the room asked.

“Because they have great chemistry? And their voices match probably? Add the controversy about them being a couple… it’s definitely going to be a hit.” The manager looked at Hwejin. “Not mentioning how good the MV which was made by Director Son… everything about this collaboration is perfect.” He added.

Hwejin then thought to herself… If Onew can handle a relationship being public when he is this famous… why didn’t he keep me before when he was still starting? Was I such a burden for him before unlike Luna that can make him even more famous?

She received a call from Haiden that afternoon. “Can we see each other today?” He asked. Hwejin then realized it’s been weeks since they last saw each other so she quickly agreed and told him he should pick her up from work today.

Few minutes later and they were already together inside Haiden’s car.

“By just looking at you… I know you had sleepless nights again.” He uttered with a caring expression.

“Awww…” Hwejin pouted. Her depression subsided during the times when she’s with him. “Do I look that ugly to you now, huh?” She asked like a whining child.

“Of course not, my sweetheart will always be the most beautiful girl in my eyes.” He smiled. “It’s just that… I think your eyes are going to fall off soon. Once we’re done eating, I’ll send you home and you should have a good sleep tonight.” He ordered.

“I still-“

“You’re going to sleep or I’ll send an anti to criticize all the work you’ve done before?” He asked playfully to which Hwejin responded harshly as she hit his arms.

“How dare you!” She shouted. “Why would you do such thing!? You know I hate it when they criticize me!!” She said.

He stole her hands and kept that to him as he held the steering wheel with one hand. “Of course I won’t do that. I just want you to have some proper rest.” He said dearly. It was a sweet drive until they get to the restaurant to eat early dinner together.

“I need to say something so I put so much effort into meeting you today.” He said.

“What is it?”

“I need to go for a while. There was a seminar arranged and I was invited to go. It’s in Australia.” He said. “Are you allowing me or not?”

“Why the question? It’s important so of course, you need to be there. For how long by the way?”

“About a month or two.” He answered. “Don’t worry. I’ll come back as soon as it’s done. That’s why I want you to take care of yourself because I won’t be here to look after you. You should always eat on time, sleep on time, and have enough hours of rest. Do you understand?”

“Yes, appa ~~” She said cutely as she looked at her loving boyfriend. “You should take care of yourself well and don’t overthink about things.”

“I got it. I’m more worried than you, you know… and…I won’t be here in time for the concert. I feel kinda sorry because I won’t be witnessing your awesome concert.”

“It’s SHINee’s concert, my dear.” She chuckled.

“But you made it possible so it’s yours as well.” He winked cutely. “By the way, I’m going tomorrow morning.” He announced.

She frowned as she looked at her boyfriend. “You just asked me if I’m allowing you to go or not… but you already booked a ticket for tomorrow?! Wow! You, seriously!” She said and acted as if she was frustrated over him.

“It’s easy to cancel my flight if you don’t allow me to go… but I have the feeling you’ll allow me. Of course, my girlfriend is very considerate and understanding so she will allow me to go. By the way… what do you want me to bring you when I get back?”

“Just…” She looked up for a while as if she’s thinking really hard. “Just… bring me a Kangaroo when you get back.” She said and both of them laughed together.


// next one will be the concert!! Just a spoiler to get your attention. Hahaha. XD