FINAL

When You Were Mine

 

1 year and 4 months later…

“Luna and Jessica arrived 2 months ago… when are you coming back, hyung?” He smiled at the text message Jonghyun sent to him last week. It was true that Luna and Sica flew back home 2 months ago right after their school year in Juilliard finished. Onew decided to stay for a bit – he enjoyed New York that much – and stayed longer to freely go around the City.

That familiar voice on the airport was heard again, “Welcome to Incheon, South Korea.” He smiled out of nowhere when he realized he has back. Lee Jinki’s back – after one year and 4 months.

It was a secret arrival. No one in the country knew about his arrival today – not even the members, their manager, or anyone else in the company – not his parents as well. As to why did he decide on arriving secretly – he didn’t know.

“It’s good to be back. Finally.” Onew uttered to himself as he looked around the airport. People were busy running back and forth, and it seemed that no one even recognized who he was. He took out his sunglass.

No one even screamed his name.

I just went back from Juilliard as a new idol and here are they not minding me at all. He laughed at himself when he thought his popularity suddenly decreased.

And before he could even forget, he needs to go to his parents and greet them first before making everyone learn about his arrival.

“Jinki-ah!” His umma was very happy to finally see his son after more than a year. “You arrived! I miss you, my dear!” She immediately hugged him and almost cried in happiness. His father appeared after a while and was surprised and happy, too.

“You didn’t tell me you’re coming home. We should’ve have fetch you at the airport.” His father said.

“That won’t be a surprise anymore, appa.” Onew smiled at them. “I went home late because I did something else in New York. How’s everybody?” He asked.

“They’re all doing fine – except that they miss you so so much.” Onew’s mother said lovingly.

Should I ask about her? I haven’t heard anything about her except for that she’s still busy handling the kids from SM. How about her personal life? Does appa and umma know about it, too?

Onew didn’t open the topic about her to his parents and was surprised that they didn’t open it, too. His mother likes to talk about Hwejin when he’s with her. He wondered why his mother obviously tried to make the conversation away from Hwejin.

“I should go see the members.” Onew said hours after he met his parents. He stood up and bid goodbye to them temporarily.

**** **** ****

As usual, the four boys were late for their rehearsal at the studio. The upcoming year end shows are on set and they are attending them all – without Onew-hyung again.

“Faster!” Jonghyun shouted at the other three. “If the choreographers and KARA arrived before us, we’re dead meats again!” He shouted. It was a collaboration performance with KARA on one of the year-end shows. They were rushing because if they come in late, it would be their 3rd time and sure the choreographers – and KARA – will get angry.

“It’s 30 minutes before the actual performance, why are we rushing?!” Key shouted back at Jjong.

“The janitor at the elevator told me a while ago that there’s someone inside the practice room already. He said he heard someone playing some songs. It must be the choreographers – or KARA members.” Jjong explained.

“It isn’t our fault if they arrived early and is now waiting.” Minho said and yawned.

Jjong opened the door and saw someone dancing along to Replay. “Onew-hyung!!!” He shouted enthusiastically making everyone woke up to their senses. “Onew hyung you are here!!!” Jonghyung followed by the rest ran inside the practice room and immediately jumped to hug their hyung.

“You surprised us, hyung! We weren’t aware you’re coming home!” Minho shouted in delight.

“Yah… hyung has gotten a lot more handsome!!!” Taemin said and pressed his fingers on his arms. “And look here~ Onew hyung acquired some muscles! Look Jonghyun-hyung! This is as hard as yours! Though Onew hyung’s looks ier.” Taemin chuckled checking out Onew’s body.

“Yah! Maknae!!” Onew tried to put down his shirt when Taemin lifted it up.

The four guys surprised expression appeared when they saw Onew’s abdomen.

“Onew hyung you are certainly not joking about those abs you told me over the phone not long ago!” Jonghyun shouted after seeing it. “Daebak! Your fans will soon go wild!!”

“Perhaps we could talk about this later…” Onew said and fixed himself. “Right now I just want to see…”

“Hwejinnie?” Key asked immediately knowing who he was referring to. Onew looked at him. “Hwejin is…” He paused for a while making everybody curious about what he was about to say. “She is… getting married.”

“Married?!” Jonghyun, Minho, and Taemin shouted in chorus. “To whom? We didn’t know about that!” They said.

“She told me… you should see her to ask about it… but I’m sure she’s getting married… so soon.” Key said.

Onew hyung patted Key’s shoulder and took his bag. He was about to leave the practice room when Key turned and talked again. “She’s at Namsan right now… filming together with the EXO members for their CF.” He said.

**** **** ****

“Stop playing around, EXO! From the top! Take 11, action!!” The director shouted powerfully at the busy place of Namsan. A lot of people gathered to see EXO filming and Hwejin was having a hard time controlling the crowd. “Cut! Please! Everybody stay quiet! We couldn’t focus!” She yelled at the fans when they suddenly shouted Kai’s name out of nowhere. “These people really… this isn’t a music show to joke around.” She said angrily.

She went to the EXO members and lectured them about what to do again. The members are having a hard time as well because of the distraction coming from the fans that gathered with them. It was like EXO’s fanmeeting and Hwejin was the most pissed off of all. They’ve been here for about 4 hours and they haven’t film anything proper yet.

“Onew-oppa!!!! ONEW-OPPAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Hwejin got more irritated. “Damn who told you to shout Onew’s name out of no-“ She stopped and automatically swallowed when a familiar figure started walking towards them – cutting the filming suddenly.

Her heard beat continuously. It was like seeing her first love and relieving all her love at the same time. Time stopped. The fans weren’t there, and she wasn’t suddenly a director. Right now, she thought of herself as that simple girl – waiting for her boyfriend to come and get close to her.

She was so enchanted at him that blinking her eyes suddenly was a complete waste of time. Finally. He came back, and nevermind all the hurt and pain she felt before. This man over here sure has her whole heart, and she’s willing to do everything not to lose him again.

“Y-you came.” She said. Those were the only words he could utter that moment.

Kai sneakily went over the two and they weren’t even conscious about it. He removed his mic from him and carefully hanged it on Onew’s clothes.

“I’m sorry if I have to ask you this on our first meeting…” Onew started – not minding all the eyes that were looking at them, “But Key just said you’re getting married. Are you?” He asked and bit his lower lip in nervousness while waiting for her response.

“Were you able to find someone else in New York?” She asked not answering his question at all. “You went with Luna and Jessica. Have you fallen in love with one of them?” She added.

Onew shook his head. “It has always been you. I’ve never looked at anyone else because all the things I’ve done so far are for you. I’m coming back as a better man… and I wish to stay by your side again…” He said.


“But I’m getting married.” Hwejin admitted.

Onew’s eyes started to blur. His tears will fall anytime soon. Hwejin immediately saw it so she cupped his face and wiped his tears with her fingers.

“I’m getting married…. to you.” 


// still thinking if Minho's should be connected to this or not ~ Either way. Working on with Minho's next fic. Thank you guys for being with this fic all these time. It's such a happy moment hearing your opinions and comments and reactions everytime!! *hugs* *kisses*