:)

When You Were Mine

 

“Can I close my eyes?” She asked when Onew finally entered the car. “I feel so sleepy. I think my eyelids are going to drop anytime soon.”

“Alright.” He said and put his seatbelts on. “Oh wait, before you get to sleep can you-“ He stopped when he noticed how she was peacefully closing her eyes all of a sudden. “Hwe- … Director Son?” He called her but there was no response.

He also noticed that Hwejin was hugging with her the huge bag and she seemed uncomfortable with it. He tried to remove it from her lap and placed it at the back seat.

“I’ll just put your seatbelts on.” He whispered and leaned closer so he could reach for the seatbelt on the other side.

I just closed my eyes for 2 minutes… and now I’m suddenly dreaming about oppa’s scent. I still remember this scent he wore from the time we first met until the day we separated.

She wanted to wake up from the sudden dream so she opened her eyes gently only to see a perfect sight of Onew’s jawline right in front of her. “O-Onew-ssi…”

“Oh.” Onew immediately moved back after hearing her voice. “I’m sorry. I just … just…” He was not done explaining yet when Hwejin closed her eyes again.  She was too exhausted to even thought that it was really just a dream.

I almost had goosebumps after I felt her breath on my neck as she talked and just uttered my name. It was called but I felt being burned. I had to get away from her. That’s the weirdest thing I felt in my whole life as of now.

Onew looked intensely at their way and tried to focus himself in driving, but he can’t help to pay constant glimpse at the sleeping sweetheart beside him.

They passed the highway and Onew suddenly realized that he didn’t ask where to take her. “Director Son…” He called her out.

“Hmmm…”

Onew had to stop nearby because a simple moan already gave a different effect on him. If he calls her again and she responds the same then he’s afraid he’ll bump with something and get into accident.

“Director Son…” He called again.

“Hmmm…” As expected, she moaned as a reply.

“You haven’t told me your place yet. How can I bring you there?” He asked while trying to contain himself. “Director Son… Son Hwe Jin…” He uttered with her full name again.

She gently opened her eyes and realized she was still with Onew. She didn’t know why she suddenly felt at ease sleeping comfortably after dreaming about his perfume. “De-deh?” She asked while gently rubbing her eyes.

“Your place.” Onew repeated.

“Oh yeah…” She yawned one last time before giving Onew the direction in reaching her house.

There was a long silence as they go on their way to her house, until both of them accidentally talked at the same time.

“We haven’t-“

“Please go ahead.” Onew smiled and asked her to say what she’s going to say.

“No, you go ahead.” She replied.

“You first.” He looked at her and smiled.

“I.. I was just about to say how we never… uhmmm… talked about how our lives have been..” She said. “I mean, trying to be a bit friendly, I think we didn’t start the right way. Our first personal conversation was even an argument.”

“That’s what I’m about to say, too.” Onew smiled. “It’s actually really tiring to see you and feel awkward and all. Can we be friends then?” Both of them said the same statement at the same time.

Hwejin chuckled. “But we both agreed on not bringing in the past.” She added.

“Should we forget about it then and just be good to each other?”

“That’s not a bad idea, though.” Hwejin answered. “And since we’re going to work with each other for the concert, I think we really need to get along.” She said.

“Oh yeah, speaking of the concert, is it possible for you to give me easier solo to do?” He asked. Hwejin frowned and shook his head. “Are you sure you’re not punishing me or something?”

“No. If you do both, I’m telling you it will make the concert such a hit.” She replied. “And… I thought you’re going to do both? Are you backing off just now?” She asked and a smiled appeared on his face.

This girl sure knows how to keep me on the track. You’re challenging me, aren’t you? “Fine. I’ll still go for it.” Onew answered. “I’ll rely to you then in making the performance perfect.”

“Of course.” Hwejin said confidently. “All you need to do now is work out, and take some violin classes. It’s kind of difficult to balance but Onew’s fans wants to see him do both.” She said challenging him one last time.