Still Trying

When You Were Mine

 

“Annyonghasaeyo, Director-nim.” Hwejin was surprised to see Onew on the set with Luna. She frowned but smiled anyways. “I’m looking forward to working with you for another music video again.” He said simply.

“Me, too.” She said blankly, and immediately pulled her assistant director with her on one corner. She looked at her with flaming eyes.

“Why is he here? Wasn’t it cleared that I told you the morning will be a recording for Luna and the afternoon will be for Onew?” She asked angrily.

The assistant director was in awe for a while. She had to blink for a couple of times before absorbing the anger of the director – which is not really understandable anyways. She then handed her a script really unfamiliar for the director.

“I’m sorry but I just received this new script earlier this morning. The lyricist told me the president quickly asked for the revision of the story right after he learned about it. According to him, the lyrics are too beautiful not to have the two as couple in the story.” She said.

Hwejin frowned and tilted her head a bit. “Are you saying I’m making something not within my work? This is a complete opposite of what I planned. You’re telling me I’m going to work with this? This is !!” She shouted and it echoed until the rest in the location heard her yell.

The assistant director looked at the ground and accepted all the words from the director. Hwejin placed her hands on either side of her waist, with an eye brow up, as she turned to everyone and looked at them almost one by one.

“If you’re going to change the script, you should’ve told me beforehand. I don’t like working when it’s a revise of my original ideas.” She said in all honesty and took her things. “I’ll tell the president that he should find someone else to do this business. Definitely not me.” That and she quickly left the location.

Onew didn’t hesitate to follow her. He needs to find out what’s wrong with her for acting that way.

“Hey, Director Son!” He shouted but saw her almost running to her car. “Director nim! Yah! Son Hwejin!” He called her by the name and that’s when Hwejin only stopped. She didn’t look at her so Onew had to run his way right in front of her. “What’s wrong? Is there something you don’t like about the script? I’m cool about it. Tell me.” He said to calm Hwejin down. He just saw how she got mad just a while ago.

“I don’t like it when they mess up with my ideas. It’s definitely not mine now! How can I work with it?!” She yelled in frustration.

“Seesh, Hwejin-ah. Calm down.” Onew said and was about to hold her but he resisted feeling that maybe it wasn’t just right. “Can’t you consider the work? I think they did it not to offend you. They probably just happened to do it like that because they feel there’s something else to make it better. If you don’t like the outcome then Luna and I are cool to shoot another one with your original plan.” He said with a calm and soothing voice.

She wanted to yell, but she felt embarrassed herself with how the way Onew deals with her. She was ing him and everybody for real, but for Onew to react just as calm as how he does right now, she couldn’t continue being such a whiner. “If you want to save time… you can tell me what your original plan is… I’ll choose what I like more and we’ll go for it. If I happen to choose the original then it’s my call to anyone who’s going to protest. Is that good enough?” He asked being so considerate towards her.

Sure you’ll choose the new script because it’s where you get to have a lot of interaction with her.

“Nevermind.” She just said. “I’ve decided not to do it anyways.”

“Can’t you just do this and think that you’re working with a friend? It’s not like you’re working with someone else. You’re working with me. Can’t that be enough for you to stay?” He asked dearingly again. Onew is very consistent into talking calmly with her.

Hwejin looked at Onew… long enough for him to almost read what’s on her mind. “I’ll do as you say. That I promise. I’ll make the lyricist leave and you do your work to create the best music video. Show them how you do things your way and you don’t need anybody’s help with your ideas.” He smiled. “Come on. Let’s go back.” He said.

But Hwejin knows she couldn’t just get back to her original plans. It might be suspicious of her that she actually wanted them apart rather than have some sweet moments together. Onew will think it’s weird. If the staff doesn’t think she’s jealous of Luna and Onew, then they might actually think she went out of her mind already. It’s not easy to tell them Onew and Luna should not be together when a script full of romantic scene was already presented right in front of their eyes. Who wouldn’t want to have giggly scenes anyways? For sure, Onew himself will refuse to do her ideas.

She sighed and gave in since Onew’s warm voice and heart covered her whole body. Hwejin knew despite the fact that she doesn’t like it, she has no choice but to go for it… and having Onew calming her down is just a great consolation price.

**** **** ****

She was sitting on a bench one windy afternoon. Just absorbing the cool air which embraces her whole body. She sighed. It was always wonderful living freely during times like this. She looked at her side and found an empty space on the bench. Instead of feeling sad, she smiled with the thought that soon, someone will sit just beside her to occupy that empty space.

She looked back and witness how the branches of trees swayed along the cool air she’s breathing as well. Out of nowhere, her sight got dark as she felt hands covering her eyes. She held the hands tightly but didn’t do anything to remove it. She was rather cherishing the moment when his hands were just within her touch.

He voluntarily removed his hands from her eyes and wrapped his arms on her neck for a back hug as she still sat on the bench. They look so perfectly in love as they put their head side to side.  Both of them giggled. It showed how happy they were to be together.

She then asked him to sit beside her on the bench as both of them watched the sunset that was about to come.

She personally took her arms and wrapped it around her. They moved closer to each other and she rested her head on his chest, feeling how fast his heartbeat was.

The sweet scene was a heartbreak for her as she couldn’t understand why she had to witness that stupid scenario that she never intended for the music video.

“CUTTT!!!” She shouted as if she was full of hatred and bitterness. The two ran towards her.

“Can we see how we did, director-nim?” Luna asked with a bright smile on her face. Hwejin shook her head.

“You did great, though. You’ll see the video after it is done.” She stood up from her seat and took her bag immediately. “I’ll see you around. Let’s pack up now.” She only uttered and leave the two there clueless of her way of actions.

Luna sighed, “I’ll talk to director for a while, oppa.” She said and left as well, following where Hwejin was.

It was perfect that Hwejin was alone at that corner so they could freely talk. “Could you spare me some time, director-nim?”

Hwejin left her bag for a while and still looked at her with a smile. “What about?”

“I know what happened to you and oppa before. I know, though not the whole story, but at least enough to make me understand why you’re being so cold towards me.” She said with all honesty.

“I’m not cold with you, Luna. This is just me.” She said.

“I know. I have good instinct because I’m a girl… just like you. You probably don’t like me because you feel just how much I like Onew-oppa.” She said. “I don’t know but can we just be cool about this, director-nim? What’s between you and oppa are already done. He’s trying hard to move on and forget about you, just as I know you have forgotten him as well since you already got yourself a very handsome boyfriend. To be honest with you, I’m trying my best to gain Oppa’s attention and I’m trying really hard to get his heart. I know it will take time. It’s been 5 years but he’s still affected when he sees you, that’s why I’m making extra effort with that. It doesn’t necessarily mean that you still like him. I don’t want to think about the thought that you could actually haven’t gotten over him. What I’m saying is that… don’t worry about oppa and I. If one day… he’ll decide to finally open his heart to someone else, I’ll assure you I’ll be the one to welcome him in my life.” She said with a bright smile.

She faked a smile. “I’ll trust you on that.” She said and turned around to fix her things again.

“Last one. I’m willing to wait for oppa… but one day he still chooses you over me… I hope he doesn’t get madly hurt again.”

Those words from Luna suddenly irritated her so she faced her back.

“It was good when you were saying how you will do anything to be with him. I just don’t like the last sentence you said. You don’t want him to get madly hurt again? You mean… again? Why? Do you even know what exactly happened in the past?” Her face started to show up. “Don’t talk to me as if you were there. You don’t know who suffered a lot… and you don’t know who decided to leave first.” She took out her bag in an aggressive way and walked pass her.


//yey! Another chapter for you, my lovelies!! :))