Just That

When You Were Mine

 

“People in Australia must really be hardworking and business minded.” Jonghyun shrugged his shoulders and chuckled – as if nothing happened just a while ago. “We are attending a meeting to see the Producer at 11 pm. Wow. Companies here are like convenience store. They are open 24/7.” Jonghyun and Taemin chuckled together.

Onew kept on tapping his fingers on the table. Hwejin and Haiden haven’t arrived. He couldn’t be at ease until the two arrived and he sees Hwejin again.

“I’m sorry we’re late.” Haiden entered followed by Hwejin. Onew let out a sigh and looked at Hwejin who was obviously feeling awkward with the presence of the both of them inside the conference room. “Sit on this side, Director Son.” He pulled a seat opposite to Onew’s, and grabbed a seat next to the producer. Haiden decided not to sit beside Hwejin.

“You’ve missed her a lot to have a date right after the director arrived.” The producer uttered. Haiden and the producer are friends so they were comfortable talking and teasing each other.

“We just ate.” Haiden answered and took the papers that were already placed on the table. “So have you met SHINee?” He smiled and looked at the group with an overwhelming smile.

“Yes. They seem to be very good and fun to be with, but we’re not talking that much yet… I can’t really converse in Korean, though Key here talks a lot.” He said and looked at Key who looked like a Korean Ambassador to Australia. “Though, I’m sorry, SHINee, but of course, I’ll be much interested meeting the lady over here. You were the best director an Entertainment Agency could ever have. I’m glad you’re here to work with us.” He smiled and looked towards Hwejin.

Hwejin only nodded and smiled back in polite. “Thank You. I’m Son Hwejin. It’s nice to be here working with you.”

“Haiden has told me a lot about you. You know what… this guy over here loves you long before you were known worldwide. He’s not telling you everything…”

“Chris…” Haiden said and tried to stop his talktative friend. “We’re here to talk about business, not my lovelife or how I came to like someone.”

“I know but… can we relax a bit? These guys and Ms. Son traveled from Korea to here and they barely got a rest.” He chuckled and didn’t mind Haiden’s request to stop that kind of conversation. “Has he told you about meeting you one time in your college school?”

“Huh?” Hwejin looked at Chris with curiosity as she shook her head. “I don’t remember.”

“He probably didn’t tell you. This one over here is the real 3-second guy.” He chuckled alone. “He went to Academy of Films before in New Jersey and he saw you while walking there. 1… 2… 3… you didn’t know how you got this guy’s heart in 3 seconds. And then after a year or 2?? He met you during an awarding show in New York.. that was when he became certain of his feelings for you.”

“Chris. Enough!” He demandingly said. “How about we start the meeting with SHINee? They’re waiting and these kids also need to rest.” He said.

Although Onew lost his mood of listening to the meeting, he still tried his best because he doesn’t want to look like a loser in front of Haiden.

After just 30 minutes, the meeting ended and they finished tackling about the future plans regarding the album release.

“Oppa.” Hwejin called and walked together with Onew.

“How about Haiden?” Onew said, not looking at Hwejin.

Hwejin knew Onew was sulking again so she immediately held his hands tightly. “I want to go with you. I heard we’ll be staying on the same apartment building. Let’s go home together.” She said and smiled.

“What did you two talk about?” Onew asked after a while. The members decided to walk ahead of them to give them some privacy time together.

“Hmm… not that important, though.” She uttered.

“Tell me.” Onew said.

“There’s nothing much to tell. We just ate together and that’s it.” She said. “Why do you want to know? It’s okay, oppa. Nothing, really.”

“You were silent the whole time you were eating? And while both of you were inside the car?” Onew stopped and looked at her. “Why don’t you tell me the things both of you talked about? Are you hiding something from me?”

“Why would I?” Hwejin looked at Onew in surprise. She hated being judged the most. “It’s just that we really didn’t talk of anything at all! Not everything should be reported to you!” Hwejin shouted in annoyance.

“I was just trying to –“

“Let’s forget about this, oppa. We’re just tired from traveling so we need to rest. Let’s talk again tomorrow.” Hwejin said and immediately walked ahead of him.

“Hwejin-ah.” Onew called, but Hwejin didn’t turn around to look at him.


// eversince sembreak started, I don't know why I often get sleepy. LOL. This is probably to make up from those few weeks that I barely had enough sleep. I'll take another nap [the third one since I woke up this morning] so please do drop some comments. HAHAHA. :D This is ending soon~ Probably in 2 or 3 days. :D There. I said it now ~ Preparing for another week [that a friend requested] if you have some stories in mind and you wish to put it in Minho's story, do drop some message and let me know so reading will be a lot convenient for you in the other story. Love you all ~ :D