Drop that topic

When You Were Mine

 

Hwejin was constantly looking at her phone, checking out if Onew is calling that he’s already outside her house. They didn’t really talk the whole time today, so perhaps Onew will go at her apartment to talk to her privately.

It’s already 11 pm. She pouted when she realized there’s no hope that Onew would come. She was about to stand up and go straight to her room when her phone vibrated.

I’ll be there in a bit.

Her expression changed and it became bright again. She smiled and went straight to the bathroom to take a quick bath. It was hard for her to pick something to wear – especially if it’s in the middle of the night and there’s actually no excuse why she should be dressed prettily. She decided to wear shorts partnered with an oversized white shirt. Hwejin wiped her wet hair a bit and allowed it to fall freely on her back. The fragrance of it lingers on her so much.

Right after she applied some baby powder on her face to make her look fresher, someone rang the doorbell. She smiled at the mirror before finally going ahead to open the door and welcome Onew.

As she opened the door, a bouquet of flowers welcomed her sight.

“I didn’t know Jinki oppa also knows how to pick the right flowers for a girl.” She praised as she took the bouquet to finally see Onew’s face that he covered with it.

And she was surprised to see it wasn’t Onew.

“I didn’t know you were expecting someone else to come late this night. You must be disappointed I wasn’t him.” Haiden said with a serious look on his face.

She was speechless and caught off guard. How can she explain to him about thinking it was Jinki on that situation?

“Can I come in?” Haiden’s voice was a little mad but he still has some composure on him. He was trained to stay as calm as possible knowing that his career was about meeting people for business deals and such.

Haiden occupied the smaller couch on her living area and she silently sat opposite him. There was silence all around the house until Hwejin’s phone alerted. It was a message coming from Onew.

“If he’s telling you he’ll arrive soon tell him to go back to where he’s at before.” He said while looking on the ground. “You don’t want me to see his face him, Son Hwejin. I believe he gains money by showing his face. How else could he earn if I ruin it?” He said with a threat.

“I’m sorry.” Hwejin knew there was no way he could feel better. She already hurt him and it’s best for him to know the truth between her and Onew now.”I might sound selfish and insensitive but I think you should know the truth now.” She started.

“That you’re leaving me because you realized you’re still in love with him?” He chuckled bitterly. “Damn. If you ever say it that would be the tiest joke I could ever hear.” He uttered.

“Haiden…”

“Look, I thought I could trust well enough so I just left you like this, but now you’re openly cheating on me?” He smirked. “This is so great of you, Son Hwejin.”

“I’m sorry.” She uttered. “I just hope you could understand. I’m not asking for an immediate forgiveness but…”

“Fine. I’ll forgive you this time.” He said and looked at Hwejin’s eyes. “I love you so much I couldn’t afford to get so mad at you.” After few seconds… Haiden smiled. “I missed you.”

“Wait, Haiden, I was trying to say you and I should…”

“You and I should eat something because I ran over here after I arrived from Australia.” Haiden stood up and went to the kitchen to get something to eat. “I’ll be invading your refrigerator since my tummy growls so hard now.” He said as if Hwejin wasn’t talking about anything serious.

“Haiden. You try to listen to me first.” She said in a serious tone and followed Haiden at the kitchen who was busy putting milk on his cereals. “What I was saying was…”

“I’m not hearing anything from you about breakup.” Haiden faced her and said straightly. “You don’t give me justice if you just talk to me about that right when I came back. I just rushed and will be staying here for 2 days. You’re my girlfriend during those two days time. No breakup. Cheat on me however you want but not in front of me while I’m here with you.” He uttered.

“Haiden, it would be best for us to…”

“It would be best if you stay out of the word breaking up coz I’m not going with it.” He said and sat at the table. “I understand you that’s why I’m not getting so mad. You’re being like this because I was gone for like weeks and you’re left here with your ex and you’re working with him and seeing him almost everyday. I understand it but please… listen to me when I tell you about shutting up that topic. Do what you want when I leave but please, you’re staying with me as long as I’m here.” He said with finality.

She sighed and shook her head as she went back to the living area.

“I’ll be staying here for the night. You have another room so I’ll occupy that for 2 days.” He said. Hwejin looked at him in protest. “It’s not practical to get a room in a hotel when my girlfriend has an extra room on her house. I’m not doing anything to you, honey. I respect you so much I couldn’t even afford think dirty of you.” He said and continued eating his cereals.


//Finally... A chapter that will really help out turn the story into a good one. Comments, people. I LOVE YOU ALL. :D It's sembreak in just 2 days!!!!! YEY!