As the memories come back

When You Were Mine

 

“Were you able to get all that I asked from you?” Hwejin immediately went to her assistant’s table as soon as she got in the office one morning.

“Oh, yes, Director.” She answered and took them from her cabinet. “I got all three. This is from SWC I, this is from their Japanese Arena Tour Concert, and this is from SWC II.” She introduced the DVDs one by one.

She took the three and checked it one last time. “Were you able to get the one where their voices were live from the concert itself? I thought they dubbed the studio recording to have better audio during for the DVD version.”

“Yes mam. I asked the tech to give me the original copies. The audios were all from the concert, but  it’s kinda noisy because of the screams and fanchants.” She said.

“That’s okay. I want to know how fans participate, too. I’ll bring this with me. Thank you very much.” She smiled and entered her office.

That’s what her staff and crew like about her. She never forgets to smile and say thank you. She will always have that curve on her face as she talks to them. She’ll get angry during crucial times, but will apologize to them as soon as she gets over it.

She sat on her swivel chair and opened the computer to start watching. To be able to give SHINee and their fans a great concert production, she needs to understand first how fans like SHINee to be, as well as how SHINee is like to the fans.

She knows SHINee as the trendsetters of Korea, the boys who sing like recorded CDs, the guys who dance like a machine, and the bunch of dorks who can make people laugh with just random things. But of course she knows it by verbally asking her staff only. She has yet to know how SHINee really acts on stage. Sure she knows who the leader is, but she only knows about Lee Jinki. Onew from SHINee is like a complete stranger to her as of the moment. She’s perfectly aware that Jinki and Onew will be two different personalities.

As soon as she started watching, Hwejin realized that the production for SWC is a no joke. It seems to be well-thought about. She pressed the intercom connected to the assistant’s desk and asked her to come inside the office.

“Were you able to work with the production during the first concert?” She told the other to move the chair beside her so they could watch together.

“I’m part of the production team, director.” She said.

“How did it cost? Were they too expensive?”

“Not really.” The assistant answered. “I think SJ and SNSD concerts are more expensive than this.”

“But I think it’s good enough.” Hwejin reacted. “And everytime we make another concert it must be better than the other. There’re still JAT and SWC II concerts left. I don’t know how excellent can the concert production be.” She said as she rubbed her chin while thinking.

“Director Son Hwejin acquired the title The director of the most expensive SM productions so I think even the president himself will expect you to give him a proposal with the most expensive budget possible.” The assistant told in a joking manner.

“You mean the MV we made for SHINee is the most expensive MV as of now?” She asked.

“Yes.” The assistant replied. “Beating TaeTiSo’s twinkle MV. The cameras we used are no joke. That’s where the budget became even higher.” She said. “But it’s good enough. SM was known to be a wealthy company that produces MVs in a box. It’s good that we are going to erase that kind of perception from fans starting with the newest MV.”

She nodded and both of them paid attention back to the MV.

That’s when her thoughts started getting deeper as she paid serious attention to what’s happening in the concert. SHINee on stage, thousands of fans gathered together cheering and singing with them as they move their lightsticks along with the music.

“So this is how famous they are…” She said when the two of them are already watching the SWC II Concert DVD. “Jinki-oppa must be very happy then… His dreams finally came to reality.” She said as if there’s no one else beside her.

“Director?” The assistant felt a little suspicious about how she looked.

[Son Hwejin] I don’t know… I’m happy for him, but somewhere in me wants to ask myself why the guy who left me 5 years ago came to acquire this kind of fame. Perhaps he left me to gain more love from fans? Did he leave me on purpose because he thought fans won’t support him if they know he has a girlfriend?

Just when I thought I forgot about everything… the pain started to come arise as I see him in his dazzling black suit as he dances on stage with four other boys in front of the female population that loves them so much. It’s painful… to see him smile… to see him do well… to see him succeeding… with him not knowing how he crashed a girl’s heart 5 years ago.

Yes, that break up seemed like a very good approach to save me from more pain, but that’s how I looked at it when I was younger. It appears to me now that he did it for his own benefit. Like I’m wondering… if he really broke up to me because of my sake and because he loves me then why is he very happy? I suddenly forgot about the simple Jinki. Who’s in front of me now is SHINee’s Onew. The person who’s willing to sacrifice everything to get to where he is right now, and he succeeded, though he doesn’t know how miserable I got the moment he left me.


//Her eyes widened as she received a text message from her classmate saying an exam will be conducted later on. Yes, she's surprised, not just because she doesn't expect it to be so sudden, but also because she has no idea how to work on it.

LOL GUYS. What to do here... What should I study when we haven't learn anything yet? Oh Crap.. I guess I have to do well on stock knowledge later on. XD