Perceptions

When You Were Mine

 

“You’re late, man.” Chris uttered when Haiden entered the office that morning. It was past 8 already and he just entered the company. Haiden normally goes to work as early as he can be. There’s even the joke that Haiden holds the key of the company’s main door, saying he’s always the one opening it in the morning and closing it at night.

“I know I just had some fun last night so…” He said and sat lazily at his swivel chair. “SHINee’s been doing great as expected. A month from now and we’ll release the album. It’s getting more exciting.” He expressed and smiled widely.

“Onew and Hwejin had a past?” Chris sure knew a lot for he even dug into Onew and Hwejin’s past relationship. Haiden looked at him in surprised – he wasn’t sure where he got that. “Well… of course, I’m investigating. Onew and Hwejin were at the airport holding hands… they were seen watching movie together… and there was a news that SHINee Onew’s ex girlfriend has become their director for the music video. Were the news all true?”

“I’m surprised you got all that.” Haiden said though he wasn’t denying anything.

“And you still casted them together for a project? Wow, Haiden. You’re a big time stupid. What if the two develop that kind of feelings to each other again? What will happen to you and Hwejin then?” His friend asked worriedly then.

“Hwejin will surely come back to me. She’s not in love with Onew. She’s just confusing herself with the idea that he was her past, and they broke up during the time when she loves him most. Hwejin didn’t really experience the time of falling out of love with him… she’s getting there.” Haiden said confidently.

“You sound really sure of what you’re saying.” Chris chuckled. “I hope you don’t fail though… it will really be painful.”

They were talking when someone just barge in.

“Hwejin-ah.” He automatically stood up when Hwejin came in. Chris also stood up feeling a different atmosphere from Hwejin’s appearance.

Hwejin then threw some picture on his table.

They were all pictures of him kissing and making out with a girl on the bed.

“This is…” Haiden was surprised and shocked with what he saw. “I don’t know this. Who sent this to you?” He asked in panic.

“It doesn’t matter.” Hwejin shrugged her shoulder. “You were talking to me as if you’re never gonna cheat on me. You said things as if you’re the most perfect man I could ever have. I almost believed in you while you constantly make me realize how much you love me. This is funny, Haiden. You are so funny.” Hwejin said, in the verge of tears. “Why do you guys always have to hurt me all the time, huh?! You told me it was only Jinki that could hurt me… my Gosh if we happened to be still together and I receive this how do you think will I react?!” He shouted.

Chris was speechless. He didn’t understand anything that she said.

“Hwejin. Hwejin-ah… this is a set up. I didn’t know this!” Haiden insisted.

“You weren’t aware you’re already kissing a girl?! How dare you lie to me when it’s already obvious?! You’re so gross, Haiden. I hate you.” She said while aggressively shaking her head.

“Wait, Hwejin let me explain.” Haiden tried to held her in the arms but hwejin quickly avoided him.

“Don’t touch me.” Hwejin said in conviction. “But thank you… you just gave me enough reason to properly say goodbye to you. Now that I’ve see who you really are… there’s no point staying with you nor taking chance with you.” She said and quickly went out of their office.

“Hwejin-ah!! Hwejin-ah!” Haiden shouted but she ignored it all. “!” He kicked his table heavily and Chris looked at him in surprise. “This is unfair!!”

Hwejin wiped her tears while she was running. It was painful to realize she almost believed someone who was cheating on her already. It was mean of him to say things like he was serious when he doesn’t mean any of them at all.

But she was happy… finally. There’s no more reason to stay with Haiden. There’s no more guilt… and she can be together freely with Onew now.

She reached the recording room.

“Hwejin-ah.” Onew stood up and looked at Hwejin. “You haven’t gone home? It’s already morning, my God. You didn’t have any sleep?!” He went towards her when he realized how her eyes were swollen and all not so okay.

But instead of responding… Hwejin grabbed him by the collar and suddenly hugged him tightly. Onew was surprised, and so were the other members.

“We’re done, oppa. Haiden and I are officially done.” She looked at him with a happy expression. “There’s nothing more to hide now. I’m yours 100 percent!!” She shouted in so much happiness.

“W-Why?” Onew looked deep into her eyes. “I mean… suddenly… he broke up with you?”

“No… but he did something I could never forgive. Nevermind… what’s important is we can start anew from now on.” Hwejin smiled… Onew smiled back.

Finally… the two.


// were  you shocked?? Hehehe. Okay. bed's calling me. 2 am here. :D