For the most hardworking...

When You Were Mine

 

Onew got out of the bathroom while drying his hair with a towel. It’s already 9 pm and they are about to go to bed for their resting time. He looked at the dongsaengs at the living area and thought that these kids didn’t have any plans of sleeping yet.

“Kids, you should go wash yourself up and rest now. We still have rehearsal tomorrow starting at 9.” He told them in a sweet caring voice.

“Deh, hyung…” All four answered in chorus. Onew nodded and proceeded to his room.

With his towel above the head, Onew sat down on his bed and reached for the book on the table. He decided to read for a while to make himself sleepy. He leaned on the headboard and crossed his feet straightly towards him. He wore the specs he uses for reading and started to flip the pages until he reached the part that he was able to read the latest.

He was just on the 3rd paragraph of that page when Taemin came in to his room and threw himself on Onew’s bed. He lied on his stomach with his face facing buried on the covers. “Onew-hyung… my back hurts.” He complained.

He lied close enough to Onew’s reach so the older was able to reach for his back and massaged it with one hand while the other was holding the book he was reading.

“There… relaxing…” Taemin sighed heavenly. “That’s it… hyung. more.. there. Ah.. it really hurts…” He kept on saying.

“Aish, Can Taeminnie be more quiet? I’m trying to massage you properly while reading!” He said with a little louder voice.

“Sorry. I was just too engrossed with how you press on my back. I always knew Onew hyung has the most tender hands ever. You make me miss my umma less.” He said.

“Yah, makdoongie… Do I look like an umma to you?” He put down the book on his lap and looked at Taemin. “I think I’m far enough to look like a woman.” He said.

“But the way you care will always be like that of umma… Even your voice and the way you talk to us sound like a caring and sweet umma.” He smiled, “Though sometimes you look like an appa when you scold us.”

Onew smiled a little inside. He then decided to close the book and put it aside to make way on properly massaging Taemin’s back.

They were halfway through it when Minho came punching his shoulder a bit. “Hyung… Can you massage my shoulder?”

Onew shook his head as he reached for Minho’s shoulder and massaged it hardly so he could feel the pressure. Minho closed his eyes and sighed, “Hyung… you’re always the best.” He immediately praised.

Then Jonghyun and Key came in and both lied beside Taemin on the bed.

“Hyung… I have a headache.” Key whined.

“Hyung… My arms hurt because of too much weight.” Jonghyun complained.

This situation happened not for the first time. There are these precious moments where the members come to the hyung’s room just to ask for a good massage. Onew is good at making them relax. His soft, tender, but powerful hands make their muscles relax and their whole bodies at ease.

“I swear I won’t allow you guys to just fall asleep here. I don’t know how to position myself when the four of you contain yourselves on this bed. Please, give me some space to move around.” He said.

“Hyung… we should give Director Son a ‘Thank You’ gift. Just a little something for her as an appreciation will do.” Jonghyun said, not minding Onew’s words just a while ago. He took a pillow and placed it below his head as he lied with his arms lifted up and his hands over his head.

“Let’s give noona some flowers. She would appreciate that.” Taemin suggested.

“It would be good.” Onew said as he massaged Key’s head who was lying on his lap. “She’ll like it, I guess.”

“Give her a bouquet tomorrow before you proceed to practice.” Minho said.

Onew automatically looked at him as if he was surprised. “Why me? You were the ones who have thought of it. You should be the one to give it to her.” He said.

Before he could get any reply from the members, Onew realized that all of them fall asleep. He scratched his head in displease.

He has to deal with four members strangled on his bed with him not having any space at all.

**** **** ****

As they were practicing, someone knocked on the door. It turned out that it was a flower delivery from the shop.

A beautiful set of flower glamorously  designed in a bouquet was given to them. Jonghyun immediately gave it to Onew, “Give them to Director Son now that it is still fresh. We’ll wait for you here.” He said and suddenly noticed something, “Oh wait, we need something to write in the card.” He took it out and was about to write something when Minho took it from him and wrote what he was thinking.

“What did you write?” Jonghyun asked. Onew was looking, too.

“For the most hardworking Director in SMTown.” He said and placed the card somewhere in the bouquet.

Onew agreed to deliver it as a representative of SHINee since no other people is willing enough to do it for them. Even the manager refused saying they’re not that close to her and Onew was the only one that could actually do it without feeling awkward at all.

As he entered the office, he saw Director Son leaning close to the monitor screen of her computer keenly doing her work.

“After making a spectacular music video, you deserve to have some good rest.” Onew said as he placed the bouquet on her table.

“What is this for?” She took the flower and asked.

“The members had an idea of giving it to you.” He smiled. “They appreciate your great hardwork and wanted to show their gratitude in the simplest way. Though the card says it all anyway.”

“There’s even a card?” She said and searched for it inside. Hwejin found it and opened it to read. “Oh.” She said and looked at him with a weird and awkward smile right when she read it.

“Seriously.” He uttered after seeing her reaction. “Oh. I think I need to go back now. We’re going to practice for the comeback. See you around.” He nodded, smiled one last time, and left the office.

As Onew left, Hwejin looked at the message on the card again…

For my most hardworking ex-girlfriend…


//Eyelids are closing in 3... 2... 1... -.-