I'll take you away

When You Were Mine

 

They were still talking together inside the rehearsal studio when Onew’s phone rang. Seconds after, the ring of Hwejin’s phone followed. They picked it up at the same time and talked to different people.

“Who called?” Onew asked after their call ended.

“My assistant. How about you? Who called?” She asked.

“Our manager. He told us the CEO wants to see it immediately so we need to go to his office.” He uttered.

“Oh?” Hwejin frowned and tilted her head a bit, “But my assistant told me the CEO has arranged an urgent meeting with me just now. Is he going to talk to us together?”

The couple went out of the practice room and found the other four guys including their manager waiting along the hallway. They were supposed to be mad and angry for keeping them waiting, but Jonghyun, Key, Minho, and Taemin let out a loud sigh of relief all together when they saw Onew holding Hwejin’s hands when they went out.

“Should we go? Hwejin’s being called on an appointment with the CEO, too.” Onew said facing the members. They all nodded and headed to the CEO’s office.

They occupied the conference room adjacent to the CEO’s office and waited for him to arrive.

“Are you complete now, guys?” The CEO then occupied the seat and looked at all of them and smiled. “I gathered you all here for one big important announcement.” He said in excitement and didn’t wait for further response as he quickly gave them what the announcement was. “You’re going to release an Australian Album, and it means English Album!” He said.

“Woah!” Key and Taemin responded fast as they heard about their English album. “You mean we’re going to sing in English, and debut in Australia? Wow! That’s…” Key immediately showed how excited he was.

Onew became really excited, too. He looked at Hwejin but found her to be looking all worried suddenly. “Why?” He mouthed as Hwejin looked back at him.

She shook her head and waited for the CEO to say further. She was still hoping her predictions are not true.

“And because it’s going to be very big… I expect Director Son Hwejin to create a very good music video that will chart the market.” He said looking directly at Hwejin. “We are planning to create a webdrama as this album will target not just Australian fans but also a lot of International fans knowing they always wanted SHINee to sing in English.”

“Hmm… So Director Son will be working with us again.” Jonghyun’s hinting something when he said that allowed.

“I don’t know if this is also to surprise the Director or she knows it already… Haiden Kim decided to team with us into this project. When you to Australia, he’s going to be the one managing your activities and such.”

Onew’s expression automatically dropped as he heard Haiden’s name. “But isn’t he going to produce his own company? Why does he want to team up with us?” He asked.

“He might like SM Artists more than producing his own probably.” The CEO chuckled. “Anyways, since we are going to work on this ASAP, I expect you to clear out all your schedules for the next 2 months.” He announced.

“How about the concerts? We will have one in Japane, China, and Thailand for the next 2 months.” The manager interrupted.

“Cancel, and set another schedule for that.” He said.

“But how about those who have already purchased the tickets?”

“They’re going to watch it however you change the date, so don’t worry. They’ll still be there.” He smiled. “Nevermind the concerts, what you need now is to prepare your very best in creating a very good album. Haiden told me he already has someone writing songs for you and he assured me he’s very great, also some songs you are going to sing are revival songs the Australian Management has picked during the poll they released for Australian Fans of SHINee.” He smiled. “I told you there’s nothing to be worried about. It’s going to be fun, exciting, and successful.”

“Can I not include myself?” Onew stood up and looked at the CEO. The latter was shocked at how different Onew became suddenly. “I’ll do special activities here in Korea so you could let the other four debut in Australia.” He said.

“You know it can’t be.” The CEO replied. “Why? Is something infavoring you at this kind of situation?  To Look, Onew, you know you can’t say no.” He said with authority. “Please sit back.”

“Pack your things coz you’re all going to fly to Australia in 2 days.” He said. “Without going back until you finished the album.”

“So what does he want to tell me now, huh? That I can be under him?” Onew’s really mad when they went out of the room. Hwejin held his hand. “Does he think I’m going to be scared of him? He wants a fight face to face?”

“Hyung, calm down…” Jonghyun tried to calm his hyung down.

“Tell me how could I calm down when it’s my girl he wants to take away?” Onew looked at Jonghyun seriously. “By all means… I’ll get Hwejin with me no matter what happens. Whatever fight he wants to put up, it’s time to show him I’m much better in anything.” He said.