Let's do this

When You Were Mine

 

“You’re joking.” Jonghyun uttered after hearing what Minho said that afternoon when the four of them were sitting at the waiting area while Onew was inside the recording studio for an OST song.

“I’m serious.” Minho’s huge sincere eyes looked straight to Jonghyun and he even nodded to convince him more. “I know for other people it will be such weak excuse for us to be doing that, but for us, dongsaengs, we need to understand that Onew hyung’s heart is one of the important things that we need to take into consideration right now.” He said.

“But that is too much, Minho.” Key uttered. “Cancelling the concert and moving it for 2 months is way too long. In 2 weeks, we’re gonna start filming and rehearsing everything so…” Key shrugged his shoulders and shook his head, “I don’t think we can do anything about it now.”

“Just tell me it’s okay with you and I’ll do the rest.” Minho said with conviction. “Can’t you see how madly in love hyung is over Hwejin? Let me tell you. Onew hyung never forgot her. She’s always in his mind no matter how hard he tries to make us believe it’s over. Whether he admits it or not, I know deep inside Onew’s heart that he still has the hope that maybe… just maybe… one day things will just return to normal and he will be truly happy again.” There was an obvious sad expression on Minho’s face. “Don’t you realize how Onew hyung never talks about other girls? We are all talking and going crazy about girls, but Onew hyung just listens and smiles, and supports us, but there was there ever a time when he opened up and we talked about the girl he likes?”

“Jungah noona.” Taemin answered. “He talked about her before.”

“Because Jonghyun-hyung asked why he never likes someone so he had no choice but to say random name, and that time was noona’s birthday and we bumped with some afterschool members while having our meal. She was the first to come into his mind that time so he said her name.” He answered.

The other three guys looked at each other and they had to agree because Minho raised a good point. They were deciding into something when Onew exactly finished recording. He was on his way out of the room when he heard their conversation so he had to hide for a while to listen. He came out with a not so amused look after hearing what they talked about.

“Minho-yah, who ever told you to do things like that? Are you out of your mind? HUH?!” He shouted across the waiting area which made the guys startled. “A scandal so SHINee could have forced Hiatus? Are you kidding me? That’s hideous!” He was mad, not because it was an absurd thing to do, but rather because he felt guilty that the members are willing to give out everything while he was slacking off and getting all rebellious over some things.

“But hyung, we just want you to feel better. If you see her all the time then I doubt you could ever forget her.” Minho stood up to defend himself. Though Onew hyung figured it out, he is still willing to do it just for the sake of making him feel better.

“I didn’t see her in 5 years… that made things worse.” Onew answered in a low and smooth tone now. “I need to get use of her presence. If I avoid her everytime she’s somewhere, nothing will happen. I will still feel and will never get over what was done 5 years ago.” He looked sorry for the members, “Can’t you also trust me on this one?”

“But hyung… if you want some help then…”

“I can do this. I don’t want you to take a risk just for me.” He said and flashed them a very comforting smile. “Men need to be strong and learn how to get over and move on.” He uttered lastly.

I realized I must not think only of myself for this. Other members will be very affected if I keep on pondering over wasted memories and hopes.

“That was the last schedule for today.” The manager uttered when the five entered the van. “But… Director Son is asking if she could meet you today because she’ll hand you the things you are going to do and will talk about schedules of practice and recordings.” He said.

The four members looked at Onew. He was staring outside the window but they knew he heard everything.

Hwejin was waiting for them to arrive at her office. She stood up as soon as they came and greeted them warmly. She secretly felt at ease when she saw Onew coming with them.

She was slightly observing him while she was talking. She noticed how absorbed he is into listening to her and it seemed like he has no problems at all. He nods, smiles, looks at the members and asks if they’re comfortable with it, just the usual SHINee leader she used to know ever since she began working with SHINee. She doesn’t see any changes in him right now. Perhaps it’s probably because the problem has been solved now.

The meeting ended and the both of them didn’t talk about something personal. Hwejin wanted to ask Onew about his family, but she’s afraid that his mood might just drop if she brings up that topic. She just smiled when they bid goodbye and told her they’ll see each other in 2 weeks time.

While for Onew, it’s hard to fake everything while he faces her. He needs to smile, he needs to fake the comfortable aura he has and needs to get use of her presence from now on. It is hard, but he knows he can do this in the future. He is that kind of person. Once he wants to do something, then he’ll work hard and won’t stop until he gets to achieve what he likes.

And now, he promised himself he’ll never stop on working over forgetting her truly. It will be better now… and he’ll be happy when the day comes that he doesn’t feel anything at all.

Jonghyun patted Onew’s shoulders while they were inside the van. Onew looked at him and Jong smiled, “Hyung… do you want to try meeting someone? I’ll help you out.” That is so not him for Onew to try dating girls but that suggestion gave a positive mood towards him.


//putting this on top of my priorities once in a while. :)) I need feedbacks, my loves.