Meeting other people

When You Were Mine

 

“What is this?” Onew uttered confusingly when Jonghyun suddenly handed him a list of random names. He looked at it and read some out loud. “Jung Hyejin, Han Shinhye, Sung Hanae, Im Yoolim. Yah. Who are these?” He asked.

“Girls. Of course.” Jonghyun said and he smiled. “You choose one name that you want to meet and I’ll set it for you.”

“Hey.” Onew handed the list back to Jonghyun. “It’s not like we’re playing lottery here. Why are you making me date random girl that I don’t even know?”

“That’s what you call blind date, hyung. You’ve never been into one so you don’t know what it is, but all those girls there are interested to meet you, and besides, I wouldn’t put them in the list if I know they’re not worth it.” Jong shrugged his shoulders.

“That won’t do.” Onew said and ignored the piece of paper. He reopened the book he was reading.

“Come on, hyung. This is how you do it.” Jonghyun insisted the paper back to him. “I thought you want to open up into meeting other people? It’s not going to be fruitful and worthwhile if you just wait for someone that you know you will like back. Just one meeting each and you can pick the person you think will fit you. If you don’t like the first one, we’ll go to the next, if you’re not satisfied… then we’ll meet all 15 girls that I put in the list.”

“You really know how things like this work, huh?” Onew chuckled. “Fine. Let’s start from number one.”

“Assaa!!” Jonghyun expressed and quickly took his phone out and dialed someone’s number. “Yah.. about your friend Jung Hyejin, tell her I can arrange a meeting with Onew hyung soon. Give me her number so I can tell her when they will meet.” He said. Jonghyun was talking excitedly at the phone. “Aish, hyung. I’m happy you finally gave in. I’ll make sure you’ll date the iest and the most gorgeous girls in Korea.” He stood up and patted his shoulder, “Oh, and by the way… Jung Hyejin is a ramp and magazine model. If you want to see her photos, I have those. I’ll give it to you later.” He smiled and left him in the living area alone.

Onew shook his head but smiled. He couldn’t be thankful enough for these members who are helping him a lot into finding a girl. Taemin was asking him yesterday if he could meet his cousin noona. Key told him there was a friend who wants to see him. Minho said he knows a member from F(x) who secretly likes him and if he would allow it then Minho could arrange a blind date between the two of them. But Jonghyun came to him all prepared with matching list of girls that would like to date him.

“Let’s go along the flow, Jinki. Let’s see what happens from here.” He said to himself as he gets the reality sinks into him.

**** **** ****

“Fine then, Onew can leave first.” The choreographer said when Jonghyun told them about Onew’s blind date with someone. “This is the first time so…” He teasingly went towards Onew and patted his shoulders “Goodluck there, buddy.”

Onew opened the door the same time as Hwejin was about to knock in. For 2 seconds they just stared at each other but Onew immediately managed to greet her, “Are you going to say something to us, Director Son?”

“Oh… yeah..  but are you going somewhere?”

“Oh… ah…” He wasn’t sure if he should tell her the truth or not. “Supposedly… but if you’re going to say something about the concert then I’ll stay for a bit.”

“No, hyung. Go now and we’ll just inform you later at the dorm.” Jonghyun said when he heard that Onew was suddenly hesitating to go. The latter nodded and went out, without even saying goodbye to Hwejin.

He met Jung Hyejin for the first time and she didn’t actually leave a very good impression on him. The girl is obviously head over heels with him and that was a complete turn off. Onew tried to be friendly and all, but the girl looked so obsessed to him and so he had to distance himself because if he gets too comfortable around him then he’s afraid she’ll cross some boundary. He doesn’t want to judge but he kind of identified her as the aggressive one.

“Oh? I didn’t know she was that kind of girl.” Jonghyun said as he frowned into Onew’s tales. “I thought she was all genuine and with poise.” He can only chuckle.

“Hyung, try my noona now.” Taemin uttered. They were in the living room that time and were watching random shows on television.

“How about the F(X) member I told you who like you? It will be fun, hyung. I promise.” Minho blurted on the side. The other three looked at him in a surprise expression.

“Someone from F(x) likes hyung?!” Key shouted across the room. “Wah! No one was telling me about that!! Perhaps… Luna?” He asked.

“Hey, Kibum-ah. Don’t spoil the mystery by guessing random member. Of course, it’s within the five, but I’m not saying who. I’ll let Onew hyung figure it out by meeting her on a blind date.” He said and smiled.

“Arrange a meeting for me then.” Onew announced which made Jonghyun almost spit the orange juice that he was drinking.

“Seriously, hyung? An F(x) member?!” Jonghyun shouted. “I have a lot on my list! Choose another one!”

“It will be more comfortable, though, if I talk to someone that I know.” He stood up and looked at Minho before going, “Arrange it for me and tell me when she is free.” He uttered and went inside his room.


//Ask me what I am doing these days... LOL. Facilitating another classroom contest again. We are joining the speech choir contest so schedule is very tight right now... but of course... I don't want to miss updating so here it is. Comments guys. You know I always love hearing from you.