Ms. Know it all

When You Were Mine

 

“My manager… he’s asking me about the rumor.” Luna said one day when both of them were sitting opposite each other at the company’s cafeteria. They went there to have some snack while both of them were on break for rehearsals.

Onew only smiled. He wasn’t sure how to exactly answer Luna that moment.

“He told me the president asked him about it, and told him it’s okay if we release a statement of confirmation about it. I don’t know what happened to President Lee Sooman, but I think it’s really okay with him that we are dating.” She uttered again.

Onew then looked at her and stared for few seconds before he could answer. “So… do you want us to confirm it to the public?” A smile flashed on his handsome and squishy face.

Luna’s eyes widened a bit, and with a surprised expression she said, “You mean… that both of us are really dating?” She expressed and Onew replied with a nod while still looking at her. “Are you serious about this, oppa?” She asked.

Onew was about to answer when someone captured his attention. It was Hwejin who entered the door and walked her way to the buffet table to get some food. He stared at her until Hwejin noticed the presence of the two there. He returned his expression back to Luna and suddenly placed his hand on top of hers. Luna almost flinched with just a simple touch. He smiled the sweetest towards her and it made Luna’s heart melt.

But she tried to contain herself, and slowly pulled her hand out. She smiled, “I may not know what’s really up, but I know it’s not as simple as how it seems to be.” She said meaningfully.

Onew frowned and tilted his head a bit, “I don’t know what you’re saying. Mind explaining?”

“You only smile like that to me when she’s around.” Luna revealed. “I know that’s a genuine smile, and I don’t know if you’re really smiling for me or for someone else. I’ve been noticing it a lot of times but I considered wrong instinct until now.” She looked back a bit to sneak if Hwejin’s still there and when she learned that she’s still at the buffet table, she took a tissue beside her and wiped something on Onew’s face. “I know you’re doing this for a reason, so I’m kind of helping you with this.” She smiled.

Luna kept on smiling and talking randomly while Hwejin was still around. It made Onew feel even worse as he realized how Luna was trying to make him feel better. The smile on her face went gone when Hwejin left the cafeteria.

“I’m sorry.” It was all that Onew could utter during that moment.

“How do you consider me?” Luna asked in a very straightforward manner. Onew couldn’t answer. “Have you ever looked at me as a girl?”

“I did.” Onew answered quickly.

“But you failed? And you realized you cannot consider me as a girlfriend perhaps?” She added, prediction Onew’s feeling beforehand. “I’m a girl with a strong instinct, oppa. I know you’re sweet, gentle, thoughtful, and caring to me… but you showing all that doesn’t mean you consider me as a girlfriend already. I feel more like a little sister to you.” She admitted with a sad but still smiling expression. “Do you want me to be more honest? You look at her differently than how you look at me. I know I shouldn’t feel jealous but I can’t help it… and I don’t know why I suddenly felt insecure of her.” She said.

Onew was speechless and unable to react. He didn’t know how Luna read the lines that vividly and clearly. It was like someone has already told her the whole story so she’s feeling that way towards Hwejin.

“You don’t really have to tell me what’s up between the two of you. I don’t want the reality to slap right into my face, and I don’t want you to realize that you still have some feelings for her. I want you to continue forgetting about her by hanging around me. I want you to try even harder to just think of me and not her… but, I don’t think it will work.” Luna chuckled bitterly. “Whatever… nothing will be changed, that I promise. It’s okay if you only look at me as a sister… I just feel so happy being with you often and I want it to keep this way. You make me happy, so don’t worry about it. I just want you to know I’m aware about all these, hoping you could be more open in the future.” She said.

Onew smiled and nodded. He would probably tell her, but not now. He’ll surely find the right time to tell her all the story that happened before. Onew felt thankful to her. She’s very understanding and considerate. That made him want to take care of her more than before.

“Let’s not mind the rumor then and just stay the way we want to.” Onew smiled and looked at her. “We don’t need to tell her anything about our privates lives right?”

“But what if someone asks me why we always hang around together?”

“Tell them we enjoy being with each other. That and let them have their own presumptions of what’s really happening.” Onew chuckled and drank the glass of pineapple juice beside him.

They were eating when their two managers went into the scene. Sitting right beside the two of them, it was Onew’s manager who first broke the announcement to the two of them.

“Have you heard about SM’s collaboration project?” He said and looked both at Onew and Luna. When they didn’t respond, he added, “SM’s gonna produced several singles from time to time featuring artists from different group with the same label, like what they did for SM The Ballad the last time.” He said.

“I don’t know if it’s coincidental or they are just trying to add fuel to the fire… but they decided to give the both of you the first project. You’re going to sing a Korean version of Can I have this dance written by Kim Jong Un.” Luna’s manager uttered.

Onew and Luna’s smile went wider as they looked at each other. They have thought about wanting to appear on an MV together… and they figured out just now that it could be possible.


//Started writing at around 12:05 and it's just 12:45. Wow. Pretty fast... I was shock myself as well. This is probably because I'm not writing quite often so they get stuck into my mind. XD Comments guys. I'm sorry I'm not replying that much. Too much work, you know.