Meeting you again

When You Were Mine

 

“Onew-hyung, why do I feel more nervous for you?” Minho asked as the five of them, including the head manager, went out of the car to meet with the new director on the President’s office.

“Why would you be so nervous?” Onew asked as he took out his earphones and stopped the playlist on his phone.

“You’re not even nervous of meeting Hwejin? It’s nerve wracking, hyung, I’m telling you. When I first met Sekyung after the break up, I swear my knees are shaking bad.” Jonghyun uttered.

He chuckled and shook his head, “You’ll see when we get there.” He uttered and continued browsing for something on his phone.

As they walk to the elevator, they saw a lady with a long red brownish thick wavy hair waiting for it to open as well. She was wearing a loose white long sleeve shirt partnered with a blue faded ripped jeans and an oversized sunglass.

“Now that’s fashion.” Key whispered as they came closer to her to join in waiting the elevator.

“Annyonghasaeyo…” Jonghyun, being all straight forward when it comes to girls, quickly greeted the lady and bowed.

The girl didn’t respond. Jonghyun tried to repeat it but Minho stopped him, “She won’t hear you. She’s wearing earphones.” He said.

It was just in time that the elevator came open. The lady went in first and SHINee with the managers followed. It was time for them to properly greet her, but the lady’s phone suddenly rang so they had to refrain from talking while they’re inside the elevator.

The girl didn’t forget to excuse herself. The one who happened to be on her side Minho. “Please excuse as I take my call and speak for a while.” She said and kindly bowed her head a bit.

Minho smiled and said, “Please go on.”

She took the call and talked to the person on the other line, “I won’t allow you to cancel the date you already arranged with me.” She started. “You have to pick me up later, okay? I’ll call you as soon as I’m done talking with the president. You can’t ditch me.” She said.

As soon as the call ended the elevator opened, the lady immediately went out ahead of them and walked towards the ladies’ room.

Minho and Jonghyun froze for a while and looked at each other. “She’s having a meeting with the president… is it possible that she’s…” Minho flinched and immediately called Onew’s attention, “Hyung, did you see that girl?” He asked.

“Who that?” He asked as he lifted his head from looking at his phone.

“That lady in the elevator with us just a while ago. She’s probably the new director the president was talking about. There’s a possibility then that it was Son Hwe Jin just now.” Minho said.

“I’m not sure.” Onew shrugged his shoulders and returned to look at his phone. It turned out… that this guy was browsing random dumpling photo to post it on his twitter account with a caption ‘I promise to eat you as soon as I’m done with this’.

As they enter the president’s office, he asked them to sit down at the receiving area. He told them the director will be there in few minutes and then they’ll start the meeting.

“If it’s Son Hwejin you saw then she must have recognized you.” Onew said. “I introduced you to her before, right? If she’s her then she must have greeted you all properly. She might just be one of the coordinator noonas here in the company.” He uttered.

“President, Director Son Hwe Jin has arrived.” The secretary told them.

“Please let her in.” The president said and all the people inside stand up and wait for her to enter.

Just when the door opened the exact same lady they saw in the elevator appeared. All hearts stopped beating as they saw her enter the office with so much glamour and poise. Even the president and the manager had to swallow a couple of times in order to regain their sanity.

She stopped right in front of the president and bowed to greet her, “I’m sorry if you had to wait for me, Mr. President.” She said politely.

“No, it’s really fine. Please meet the guys that you will be working on from now on.” He quickly introduced SHINee.

“A-Annyonghasaeyo!!” Jonghyun shouted out of nowhere. The manager elbowed him and he blushed in embarrassment.

“Hana, deul, set… Annyonghasaeyo bitnaneun SHINee imnida.” SHINee used their usual greeting though Jonghyun and Taemin were almost lost for words.

“SHINee?” Her white sparkling teeth appeared as she smiled sweetly after hearing the name. She took out her sunglass and slid it over her head as she smiled and introduced herself. “Annyonghasaeyo, Son Hwe Jin imnida.” She smiled for the 2nd time.

A certain face who was standing 2nd after the president captured Hwejin’s attention. “Jinki-oppa… remember me?” She asked.

“Hwejin-ah…” Onew smiled in a friendly way. “It’s nice to see you again.” Both of them smiled at each other. Key noticed something so he elbowed Jonghyun who was just beside him.

“The spark we saw back then… it’s gone.” He said. “Hyung was right when he told us what happened 5 years ago was already forgotten.”


//oh... so the feelings were really gone, huh?