56.

When You Were Mine

 

“You worked hard, guys! Thank you very much!” The head manager shouted as Hwejin called for the last cut. It was already the end of the filming and they were able to finish the music video filming in just 15 hours. They didn’t know why it took so fast when it’s usually 2 days in the making.

“It was fast but I trust Director Son in making the music video as beautiful as possible.” The manager walked towards Hwejin and offered his hand for a shake. Hwejin then took his hand and shook it lightly.

“It was my pleasure working with nine wonderful ladies.” She said while smiling brightly. “I’m sorry for those moments that I’ve become so harsh. I’m just taking every work seriously so I don’t like when some people just slack off. I’m really sorry. I do hope you understand.”

“Of course I do.” He said and looked to check on the nine girls who were busy taking off their super heavy makeup. “Girls… can we gather here for a bit and greet our director properly before she sends herself off?” The girls all looked tired and exhausted as their eyes looked like they’ll shut down anytime soon. Though it seemed that they were just lifting their own body before it completely collapse, the girls gathered and greeted her properly. She’s younger than almost ¾ of them so it was awkward to greet her as a director.

Jessica didn’t bow. They obvious reason was there but Hwejin just ignored the girl and let it pass. It’s done between SNSD and Onew anyways now that the filming is over.

“Are you busy director nim? You must be very tired after 15 hours of filming.” The manager said as he looked dazzlingly to the director. He seemed to be enchanted and entranced though Hwejin didn’t look that fresh anymore.

“Oh… yeah.” She smiled and nodded a bit. “I guess I’ll be going home and have a good sleep before working on the editing of the music video.” She said.

“Aren’t you hungry yet? Let’s eat together and have a drink for a while. Just to celebrate the success of the MV!” He said cheerfully.

“Aish~” Taeyeon shook her head. “Is Manager oppa interested to the Director? What success? It’s not like they have edited and formed the final MV yet!” She said almost spitting out the truth on .

“Taeyeonnie!” The manager shouted to stop the SNSD leader. “It’s not that I like you, Director Son.” He quickly looked at Hwejin to clear his name. “Well… uhmm.. I like you as … ahm, well… not what you  think… but… uhm.. as a… as.. as a director who took care of us very well!” He said.

“Aish!! Oppa stuttering a lot before getting the right words together!” Hyoyeon reacted and the girls, despite exhaustion, still managed to laugh.

“Uhmm…” Hwejin thought for a while. “Sure. Let’s all eat before we go home… but…” She smiled cutely at the manager. “Is it manager-ssi’s treat for tonight?”

“Sure!!” The manager quickly answered. He seemed to be very interested to her. “It’s my call! All the staff is invited to come over with us!” He shouted and the staff went glad and happy.

“Wow. Oppa becomes rich whenever there’s someone he likes.” Sooyoung teasingly said and elbowed the manager who was just beside her.

“Can we tag along?” Onew said interrupting out of nowhere and even raising his hand to capture attention.

“Oh.” The manager’s smile went away. He must have known something about Hwejin and Onew’s past. “Don’t you have any other schedule, Onew-ssi?” He asked.

Onew looked at his manager and the latter silently nodded. “Can’t we postponed it or just let the four members to do it without me?”

“It’s for the magazine, Onew-yah. We can’t cancel appointments like this.” He said seriously. “Are we all set? We’ll leave then?” He looked at the 2 other coordinator. They just finished packing up.

“Are you going to drink then?” Onew asked again as they were close to leaving.

“Of course, Jinki-yah!” Hyoyeon shouted. “Do you pity yourself for not going with us and not being able to drink and get drunk? We’ll do it next time, Jinki. Next time.” She said and gently patted Onew’s shoulder.

Onew looked at Hwejin. She was actually looking at him but immediately took her gaze out as she let out a slight smile. He took out his phone and texted someone.

Can you reject the manager’s offer and just go home to rest? You seem very tired and exhausted anyways.

If Onew wasn’t just few inches away from her, Hwejin’s cheeks might have ascended to heaven by smiling widely. She finds it amusing that Onew’s starting to care – and get all anxious – over her.

Why can’t I? I’ve endured the work for several hours. Don’t you think I deserve some rewards by drinking?

Sending the message back to Onew, Hwejin smiled and almost giggled as she saw how Onew’s reaction were pretty much agitated and seemed to be full of worries.

What if you get drunk? It’s not like someone good enough will care to drive you home. No – it’s not like we can trust all the people. You should not go, Jinnie. And besides, it’s getting late. I don’t want you to drive at wee hours where accidents often happen.

The caring and very protective side of Onew is coming as he knows he can’t be beside Hwejin 24/7. It was hard to keep the relationship. It’s even harder to protect her without having her by his side. It’s frustrating, and Onew couldn’t do anything but just whine over the phone.

I promise to drink enough… and immediately go home before it gets even more dangerous for me to drive. Go to your schedule now, and don’t worry about me.

They exchanged gazes before Onew hurried with the coordinators and the manager. The rest of them went together to eat and have some drink for the mean time.

“Wah. I didn’t know Director nim can also go with us on this.” The manager said. He sure has lot to say when it comes to the director. “Do you want some more of this? Or I can order you something that you would like to have.”

She politely shook her head, “You’ve ordered a lot, and the staff seems to be full already. Thank you very much.”  

“Yah. Yah. That’s enough, Sunny-ssi.” One coordinator took out the glass from Sunny’s hand. She’s starting to get tipsy and they should get enough of it seems they have another recording for tomorrow.

Despite the chaos between the whiny SNSD girls and their coordinator and unnies, Hwejin still smiled and thought of everything as a normal thing. She eyed on the glass of alcoholic drink that was placed in front of her on the table.

She shook her head slightly as she reminded herself that the glass she drank a while ago will be the last one that she’ll drink for tonight. She already had 4 shots and her tolerance is not that great. She’s afraid of getting dizzy if ever she decide on drinking the fifth one.

“Why don’t have the final glass?” The manager said, still all eyes on her.

“No, thank you. I’ve had enough.” She said and quickly switched attention to her phone that just vibrated. It was a message from Onew.

Onew: Still good? Not drunk yet?

Hwejin: Deh?? Anniyo ~~ ^^

Onew: Eh? Seriously. You’re drunk now? Jin-ah, I told you not to drink much.

H: It’s fun, oppa ~

O: Jin-ah…

H: Just kidding! I only drunk 4 shots and will not drink anymore. That I promise because I don’t want you to scold me when you see me. J

O: That’s a relief. At least you’re thinking about how I would feel.

H: Not just about how you feel… I also think about you. ^^

*** *** ***

“Onew-ssi?” The interviewer called Onew for the third time.

“Deh?” Onew rose up from looking at his phone.

“Uh…”

“She was asking something to you.” Minho quickly whispered to save Onew. “Well, actually, Onew hyung isn’t the type to tell us what to do. He’ll watch us do our thing. We’ll know we’re not doing a good job when Onew hyung starts to give us a hand… but while he knows we’re doing great… then he’ll stay at our back praising us for a job well done.” Minho said in behalf of the leader.

“He’s right.” Key seconded. “Look at him not talking that much here in the interview. He’s being quiet all along because he knows we’re doing a good job by answering on ourselves.”

“To the point that he even allows us to answer questions directed to him.” Jonghyun’s words make the whole studio laugh. At least, it was diverted as before when they thought Onew wasn’t really paying attention to the interview.

“What were you doing just now, hyung? You were the one who told us texting or taking calls aren’t allowed when we’re on our interview.” Jonghyun scolded the older one as soon as the interviewer went out of the room.

“Uh.. I just checked it for a while.”

“You were looking at your phone the whole time we’re talking to the person… and worse, you smiled several times while typing a message to someone. Who is that exactly?” Key said and sneakily peeked it his phone.

Onew was fast enough to hide the screen from his sight. “Let hyung handle this alone, you kids.” He said and chuckled. “Uh… Taemin-ah? What about you? What are you doing on the phone?” Onew asked Taemin to divert the attention. He turned to look at Taemin’s phone and was startled to see what he was up to. “Yah Taemin ah! Why are you watching that?! Not on the van! You!” He shouted in despair.

“Aish hyung..” Taemin ignored him. “What’s wrong in watching here or in the room?” He asked.

“Our hot blooded taeminnie ~” Minho said and relaxed his legs on the seat in front of him.

“Hey, hyungs. Look at this scene. This is… Just… Just look at this.” Taemin said and made his hyungs look at the video.

3 minutes later and the five were watching something naughty all together. “Aish… this is creating such unwelcome atmosphere ~ Really.” Jonghyun said and suddenly fan himself by panting his shirt.

Onew was concentrating on a certain scene when his phone vibrated again.

I arrived home. It’s okay if you drop by for a bit. Oh… I know you’re tired, so it’s okay if you don’t ^^


// give me few more days and I promise to focus on this. BTW. Did you miss me?? I missed you though.. your comments and the fun in them. LOL. So dramatic... well.. please give me the comments that I missed. Love lots.