The reality

When You Were Mine

 

It was silent in the dining table as the five of them were eating their breakfast. Jonghyun gave glance to Key. Key silently shrugged his shoulder. Jonghyun then looked at his Minho who was on his side. Minho then turned to Taemin who was obviously nervous and hesitant. He was the one who saw Onew with the same girl. Therefore, he has the only right to confront him about it.

“But we got your back, makdoongie.” Minho said just a while ago before all of them decided that Onew should really know that they are all aware about the truth.

Minho elbowed Taemin. The younger bit his lower lip as he was trying to find the perfect timing to tell his oldest hyung. Minho elbowed him again. The 2nd one was strong enough that Taemin dropped his chopsticks.

Onew looked at Taem and the latter saw it. He was in panic to get it that he hit his head on the table. “Aw.” He uttered and held his head.

“Taemin-ah, is something wrong? You seem out of your mind.” Onew noticed. “No. Don’t pick that up, I’ll get you a clean one.” He said and stood up to get some clean chopsticks.

“Start talking!!” Minho whispered as if he was shouting. Taemin frowned and nervousness can be dominantly seen on his face.

“Here.” Onew sat back and handed him another pair. “Stop playing around while we’re eating kids. Jonghyun-ah… you barely moved your food. It’s getting cold already.” He said.

The four didn’t respond to their hyungs. They were sending constant messages to each other by looking and gesturing secretly.

“Is there something I should know?” Onew looked at them one by one. The normal serious face of Onew when he’s being his usual leader self. “Tell me.”

“Aish. Chinchaa..” Jonghyun couldn’t control himself and he just had to talk about it now. “Hyung. We know the truth.” He said straightly looking into his hyung’s eyes.

Onew was frozen for a bit, trying to absorb what the maknae said, and then he tilted his head a bit as he was trying to get it, “What do you mean you know the truth?”

Jonghyun, in annoyance, tossed his chopsticks on his plate hardly. The other members looked at Jonghyun in surprise. It was never in their plan to act like this in front of Onew hyung.

“You set him up. That Haiden guy. You were even the one who sent those pictures to Hwejin.” Jonghyun announced.

“I don’t know what you’re saying.” Onew avoided Jonghyun’s eyes and focused on his food instead.

“What?! You’re still going to lie even to us? We’re your members, hyung, why are you suddenly like this?!” Jonghyun shouted as he stood up looking at Onew in disbelief.

“Jjong-ah.” Onew stood up as well.

“You have to tell Hwejin the truth. She must know.” Minho was seriously looking towards his hyung. “You’ve gone too far, hyung. As much as we want to side with you, we really think what you did is wrong.”

Onew lowered down his head. “The Truth, however you want it to be hidden, will still prevail in time.” Minho uttered. “If you want to keep Hwejin with you forever, correct the mistake you’ve done as early as possible. It might hurt her, yes I’m sure she will, but you have to be honest. It’s better than her knowing the truth in other people’s mouth.”

“What’s wrong with trying to keep her with me?” Onew asked, still not looking at the members.

“Nothing, but you failed at doing the wrong thing, hyung. I know you originally would want to do this, but we hope you realize how wrong it was do such thing.” Key said and patted his back. “Whatever happens, we got your back, but we wish for you to do the right things for I know that what Onew hyung really stands for – not, not as Onew, but as Lee Jinki rather.”

**** **** ****

Hwejin’s phone rang and figured out that it was Onew who’s calling. “Can we meet at the rooftop?” Onew asked and it made Hwejin smiled. “I need to tell you something.” He added.

“Right now?”

“Yes. Right now.”

Hwejin immediately hanged up the phone and prepared in going to the rooftop. As she was about to come out, Jonghyun suddenly entered the office.

“Hwejin-ah… do you have time?” He asked approaching her.

Hwejin smiled and nodded. “Are you going to tell me something, too? Can you wait here for a bit? Jinki-oppa’s telling me to go up the rooftop because he’s got something to say.” She said happily. “I promise to go down immediately after hearing him out. If you can wait then you can stay here or I can just go later to you.” She bowed a bit and went out of the office.

Jonghyun immediately contacted Minho who was with the other members on their practice room. “Rooftop. Now.”

Hwejin arrived at the rooftop and saw nothing but an empty platform. It got her nervous and curious when she noticed how serious Onew’s face was while looking with a far away sight. He is thinking of something.

“Jinki-oppa…” She called out while making slow steps towards him.

Onew looked at her and smiled. Hwejin noticed he wiped something on his face.

“Were you crying?” She asked worriedly. “What’s wrong? Are you okay?”

“Way back when we were just trainees… I go to rooftop whenever I feel very bad to myself.” He started and looked up the sky. “I always dreamt of riding the clouds, and as I go to these places, I have the feeling they would go down for me and let me ride it and go far away.”

“You must be thinking of something serious.” Hwejin said while looking at him with tender eyes. “You can tell me.”

“I’m going to tell you.” Onew said while bitterly smiling. “It’s one thing that could really make you mad and unforgiving.”

Hwejin frowned. She wished it was not something about that issue few days ago.

There was a long silence between Onew and Hwejin. They were standing just a meter or 2 away from each other.

“It was I.” Onew said with almost shaky voice. “They were right about everything they said.” He wanted to look away, but Hwejin’s gazes are almost telling him he should look at her. “I set him up. I made him drunk. I paid that girl and…. I sent those photos to you.”

He finally said it.

Hwejin shutted her eyes tightly. Tears fell down.

“Hwejin-ah.” Onew called out softly.

SLAP.

Her palm landed on Onew’s face directly and it shocked him. It was the first time Hwejin did that. “Hwejin-ah… Hwejin-ah, I’m sorry… I’m really sorry.” He reached for her arms and pleaded. Hwejin quickly took her arm out.


// Yes, Yes, Relax. I'm working on the next chapter now. Drop some comments, huns!