Director Jin

When You Were Mine

 

“Starting the recording at 6 pm? What are we doing? We’re going nightshift?” Jonghyun started his endless rant and complains to the other members. “Is she here?” It was impossible for Hwejin to be on SHINee’s car as they were just on the way to the company but Jonghyun still looked around as if she might be there. “Director-nim is like a ninja. She goes from place to place without even stopping.”

“Aish chincha… working with her is tiring me already.” Key sighed and tilted his head back. “We only did the solo shots yesterday and now we’re doing another recording. I understand filming Sherlock for 3 days because Japanese version is included, but this is only a Korean one and yet recording feels like forever.” He complained along with Jonghyun.

Onew looked at them and only smiled while shaking his head. He must admit Director Hwejin was giving them a hard time.

“Noona, are you sure all we need to wear is a pair of jeans and white tshirt?” Taemin asked after a while.

The noona nodded, “Director Jin told me it’s enough.” She uttered. “She doesn’t want you to wear anything else but that.”

“Nothing can get weirder than this music video, I’m telling you.” Key complained one last time.

They arrived in front of the company 8 minutes passed 3 pm. They saw 3 huge van outside and they guessed those contained cameras that will be needing for the recording.

As they went down to make their arrival recognized, they saw Director Jin holding few papers on her hand as she goes around the vans. It seemed like she was checking all the necessary equipments that they will need. She looked at them and finally walked to meet them.

“I’m glad you guys arrived earlier.” She said. “We’re going to leave in just a bit so please wait as I make sure everything’s on set.” She just said and left again.

10 minutes later and the director told everybody to get ready because they will leave in 2 minutes. Director Jin was about to get inside the huge truck when the manager approached her, “Director Jin, are you boarding that truck?” He asked.

“Deh.  I wasn’t able to go home to get my car so I think I need to board this truck to get to the location.”

The manager frowned, “You were not able to go home? You stayed up all night here at the company?” He then realized how she worked hard to make this recording possible.

“Deh.” She simply answered.

“Oh then please travel with SHINee instead. I’ll ask the other manager to board the next van so you can have some rest inside SHINee’s van.” He suggested.

“I’m fine, manager-ssi. Thank you for the offer.” She smiled.

“I insist.” The manager uttered. “Please this way.”

He waved over the van and it quickly drove and stopped in front of them. SHINee members were already inside waiting for them to leave. “Kids, can you make some space for Director Jin? She’ll travel with us.”

“Oh, here. Here. Here.” Taemin immediately jumped at the back making emptying the seat right beside Onew hyung. The oldest didn’t know what happening as he was staring outside the window with earphones off. Taemin poked his cheeks so he looked at him and saw Director Jin coming inside sitting beside him.

“I’m sorry but I guess I have to take some space here.” She smiled and Onew smiled back.

She then put her sunglass on, her earphones on, tilted her head as she rested it on the seat, and crossed her arms. Just few minutes later and they realized she was already sleeping.

“Oh. Director-nim is sleeping.” Jonghyun, who was sitting beside the driver, looked back and noticed her. He tried reaching out to remove her sunglass but Onew quickly hit his hand away.

“She’ll wake up.” He uttered.

The manager, who was busy driving, seemed to notice that their attention was all drawn to the director. “Kids, that beautiful director over there is very hard working. I think it’s rude if we complain about having a lot of work. She does more than us.” He uttered.

“Why, hyung?” Taemin asked innocently.

“I’ve talked to the assistant director just a while ago and he told me everything about how Director Jin does her work…” And then he started telling them what he just learned about Hwejin.

“She wasn’t able to go home after the recording yesterday.” He started. “She immediately went to check the results of the 1st recording and made some adjustment prior to what the cameras have captured. After checking all the videos she asked the company driver to bring her to the location where we are heading for today. According to the assistant director, Director Jin didn’t like the original venue so she looked for a better place without the help of anyone. It was already 6 pm when she finally found something that will fit on her face and immediately took a video clip to see how the venue will appear on the screen. She was about to go home last night but the editor called her because there seemed to be a problem for the equipments that they will be using for today. She had to fix everything so we won’t encounter anything wrong and that didn’t allow her to get some sleeps.”

“Eh?” Onew’s eyes widened a bit. “She did all that? She has her team. There are staff members that will help her if she could only ask.”

“You could only hear praises when you talk to the staff members that are working with her. They say she works really hands on. She does everything she can do alone, and only asks them for assistance. They were all surprise about the amount of work she could handle but is still able to stop for a while and smile.” The five guys nodded satisfyingly… “And they said she always has a concrete plan, so I think we must work hard to meet with her hardwork.” He added.

They looked at Director Jin again and saw her already leaning at the window, all fast asleep. She must be really tired and exhausted.

“Hyung… rest her head on your shoulder. It’s not too comfortable to lean on the window.”

Onew thought for a while but eventually followed. He moved closer to Hwejin and held her chin to gently move her head placing it on his shoulder. He sat properly so she could lean better. He then opened the book and started reading silently as they go on a 2 hour travel while someone’s fast asleep beside him.

“Sooner…” Minho whispered as the three of them sat on the back. “Sooner we’re going to have our dear hyung locked inside the room.” He uttered and chuckled secretly with Taemin and Key.


//And from here we'll start the more interesting parts... haha. XD