Secret Admirer

When You Were Mine

 

“Going home, Director?” The assistant asked when she saw Hwejin coming out of her office with the cute dog on her arms.

“Yes. I’m going home early since I need to bring Jinjin at home.” She said and lifted it up a bit for the assistant’s better look.

“You seem very in love with the cute dog.” She remarked and Hwejin shook her head.

“She isn’t a dog. She’s my baby.” She chuckled and looked at the ‘baby’s’ cute puppyish face. “I’ve been always in love with them… that’s why I fell in love with Jinjin on a first sight. I’ll take care of her really well.” She smiled. “I’ll go now. If there’s anything that is addressed to me, just put it on the table and I’ll look at it tomorrow morning, and you should also go home after an hour. Goodbye.” That and she left the office with her baby.

Walking along the hallway, five men walking alongside each other were seen coming towards her. Hwejin quickly recognized the guy on the 2nd to the right place. She didn’t know but her heart started beating abnormally.

“Calm down, Hwejinnie… act normally. Don’t forget only you and he knows about what’s with the two of you.” She whispered herself as she walked towards the five.

Jonghyun probably noticed she was holding a dog so he walked faster than the others because he was too excited to see it.

“It’s a little cutie! Wow!” Jonghyun said in delight. “Annyong, baby girl. You look so cute.” He even greeted the dog first before the owner. “Director Son, where did you get this cutie?” He asked with a big smile on his face while still looking at the dog.

“She was just given to me.” Hwejin answered simply. “She’s very cute right? I fell in love with her the moment I see her, so I’m keeping her with me at home.” She smiled even wider.

“Who gave it to you? That person really has some taste in cuties.” He praised. Key then arrived closer and looked at the dog.

“Hyung, didn’t we see that cutie pie already? When we stopped by a pet shop to get Roo some new toy, remember we saw one that looks exactly like her?” Key asked.

“Eh?” Jonghyun looked at Key confusingly. “Wait. The one Onew hyung adored so much?”

“Yeah! He even asked the store owner to took it out for him to carry and cuddle while we were there! Remember we were all shocked because Onew hyung didn’t even try carrying Yoogeunie but he did well in carrying the little dog?” Key recalled pretty well.

“Well…” Jonghyun nodded while returning his sight at the dog. “The one on the store didn’t wear anything though. Director’s beautiful puppy is wearing a very cute clothe. What is her name anyway?” Hwejin wasn’t able to answer Jonghyun yet when the latter already saw the name printed on the dog’s dress. “Jinjin?” He chuckled but the smile went gone when he had thought about something else.

It was funny how Jonghyun and Key’s head turned to Onew who was very nervous that moment. Minho and Taemin followed their gazes when they realized the other two were looking at the same way.

“W-why?!” Onew snapped when he felt really uncomfortable with the way the four guys looked. “H-hey, we’re going to be late on the practice. Let’s go! Let’s go!” He said and rushed out of the scene leaving the other four confused but suspicious.

Onew passed by Hwejin and he didn’t look at her though he badly wanted to greet her.

Hwejin also bid goodbye to the four members and walked away.

“Should we visit the pet shop later again?” Jonghyun looked at the other three members as if the others have read what’s running through his mind.

“Sure thing.” Key shortly said and they started walking, following to where Onew was heading.

**** **** ****

Onew came out of the bathroom and he realized the four members silently looking at him. It made him uncomfortable but he acted as if he wasn’t noticing them staring at the leader.

“Hyung.” Jonghyun called when Onew was about to enter his room.

“Eh?” He smiled and looked at the younger one.

“Did you perhaps buy that dog and gave it to her?” He asked straightly which made Onew taken aback and speechless.

“I… I…”

“You can’t deny it anymore. The dog’s name was Jinjin. It’s obvious where it came from.” Key said in a diva-ish tone.

“Did Hwejin know it was you who gave it to her?” Minho then asked.

“Or are you having a one sided love with Hwejin noona by being her secret admirer?” Taemin said predicting something again.

Minho stood up and looked at Onew. “Hyung, don’t do this kind of stuff anymore. If you keep being stupid by giving her gifts when you know she won’t come back anymore, then I’m telling you I’ll really lock you up so you can gather yourself again. This is more stupid than having been drinking because of a broken heart all along.” Minho said and shook his head. “Not because she’s tolerating auntie’s antics for the both of you means she’s coming back to you. Remember… she already has a boyfriend.” He said and left.

The other three also stood up and looked at him weirdly before leaving. Onew made a very funny and a face in disbelief.

“Wah. They even think I’m stalking Hwejinnie and giving out gift anonymously? Sure kids, you know how to support hyung so much. You have given up the chance that she’ll come back to me. These kids, aish… seriously.” He shook his head and was about to enter his room when his manager came in the house.

“Oh, Onew-yah, good thing you’re here.” He said. “I have something to tell you. SNSD’s manager called me this afternoon and he was asking if you’re free by tomorrow and on the next day. The music video is on set and they suddenly wanted you to star in it.”

“Why me?”

“I heard SNSD personally chose someone closest to the character and so they picked you.” He said. “I just dropped by to inform you about that. I’ll get going. I’ll pick you up tomorrow at 8 am.” That and the manager immediately left again.


// I'm thinking of the next idol to write about. Who should I write?? Now it doesn't matter if the person's not from SHINee. Please do let me know. :D Specific idol, okay?? Or if you want, you can give me a pairing or the theme I should write about. I don't know why I'm asking, but I just thought about it just now. :D