Complicated

When You Were Mine

 

“Hyung, your food. Eat it before it gets cold.” Key said when he noticed Onew wasn’t even moving his utensils to eat.

Onew took the fork but instead of eating, he just poked the food with it and played around. Key shook his head and decided to lead Onew into doing it. He took the knife and the fork and cut the meat into slices.

“I’ve cut it into smaller pieces, all you need to do is to put them on your mouth and chew them.” He said with a diva tone. “I can’t understand people who suddenly act their weirdest when it’s just plain simple to understand that life needs to be unfair at times.” He whispered to himself.

“Stop.” Jonghyun elbowed and whispered on his side.

“Why? Hyung is just spreading bad vibes to all s. I thought he was that kind of leader who thinks of other members first before himself? Where’s that person now? We’ve been keeping it up with him for how many weeks already. I’m sick of it.” Key said. He wasn’t shouting, but everybody knows there’s some tension just around the corner.

They are used of Key nagging like this, but they weren’t sure if Onew will react the same as before or not – knowing that he has changed a lot ever since Hwejin told him she couldn’t just break up with Haiden. Yes, they know Onew was undergoing something, but the members are also being pressured – making them as depressed as Onew at times.

Instead of listening, Onew just took his phone. Key immediately saw it and put his phone down. “We’re eating. Give a little respect to the food.” He said seriously.

“Why do you keep on meddling on my business?” Onew was such a shocker when he didn’t normally say such words – yes, he never said it until now, and even Key doesn’t know how to react with it.

“Hyung…” Taemin called out. He couldn’t say anything as well.

“You’re not Onew – nor are you Lee Jinki. You’re far different than the hyung we had before.” Key said and shook his head in disbelief.

“Just because I suddenly say things I don’t normally say means I’m a different person.”

“You are a different person. You took love the wrong way, and I pity you.” Key answered back. He was scared of talking to his hyung like this but he knows he can’t back off since he has to let Onew know he’s in the wrong pace.

“You don’t care.”

“I care. Jong cares, Minho cares, and Taemin cares. If this is what Hwejin’s leading you into, then I’ll strongly disagree with your relationship. You’re not getting any better hyung. You act like a possessive and obsessive little kid afraid to lose the most precious possession he has.”

“I’m afraid to lose her again.” Onew replied.

“If you keep on being like this, you’ll lose her sooner or later.” Minho uttered. “You’re making everything difficult for Hwejin. Why does she have to suffer when she already did 5 years ago when you left her? Why can’t you let her be happy when all you give was sorrow to her? You can’t take care of her well, hyung. I’m sorry but I think you should give up now. Hwejin can obviously be happy on Haiden’s side.”

“I know we told you to fight for her before, hyung, but you’re being too much already. I don’t like seeing you like this, it’s like I don’t know you at all.”

“Nothing has changed.” Onew replied simply.

“Something bigger will actually change soon.” Key replied. “I think Haiden is a good guy, and if ever Hwejin ends up with him, I have nothing against it.”

Onew stood up slamming his palm against the table, making everyone – including the managers and the coordinator noonas – looked at him in surprise and disbelief. “I am the only one that could make Hwejin happy. No. No one else. Fine. Don’t side with me… I could still get her to be with me so no worries.” He said and went away.

The other four members sighed.

“I just suddenly missed hyung’s smile.” Minho uttered out of nowhere.

“His gentle voice when talking.” Key said.

“When he laughs at his own lame jokes.” Jonghyun added.

“His love for chicken.. and Onew Sangtae.” Taemin added.


// then Onew said in his tweet ... "Contest... it is."