Efforts..

When You Were Mine

 

“Win!” Hwejin shouted across her office when she finished one round of the game she was playing on her laptop. She made punch in the air as she grinned as if she just won and Olympic game.

Right after the 2 day successful concerts of SHINee in Seoul, Hwejin was put on few weeks rest because the management is still discussing about the future asian destinations of SWC III. There was also some talks that a co-director will work in place of her for the concerts abroad so she can focus on working with other artists now.

A rumor of SNSD comeback is around… they say Director Son will handle the 9 girls next.

She was about to start another round of game when her phone rang. She looked at the screen and saw that her lovely Auntie Sunhee (Onew’s mom) was calling. She smiled and immediately picked it up.

“Yeh, auntie?” She said in a bright tone.

“Are you busy, Hwejinnie?” Her auntie asked on the other line.

“Not really, auntie… I actually feel bored right now.” She pouted as if she was just conversing with someone who is in front of her. Hwejin’s cute side was exposed as she talked with one of the closest people to her.

“Really? Do you want us to eat together? It’s auntie’s treat.” She asked.

“Wow! Really, auntie?! Sure! Now? Are we going to eat now?” She said excitedly and her auntie told her she’s already outside the house and they should meet on the restaurant that she mentioned. Hwejin told her she’ll be there in just 15 minutes because the location is not that far from the company.

“To be fair, you should’ve told her you’re with me and let’s see if she still goes.” Onew said right after her mom ended the call with Hwejin.

“I’m being wiser, my son. I don’t want to risk anything just by telling her such small detail.” She said and smiled towards her son. “Why? Aren’t you happy that she’s going to be with us for today? I am, though. She’s my daughter-in-law anyways.” She said.

“Umma… she won’t be. You know it’s over. It’s over between us and it’s been five years.” He still insisted.

“Get tired of telling me it’s over… coz I will always refuse that idea.” His mother said seriously. “I don’t know about you but I’ve always been positive when it comes to Hwejinnie.” She rolled her eyes and looked at her watch. “She’ll be here soon. If you don’t want to see her then go. I don’t know, I just want to be with her today.”

“Umma… I’m sorry, okay?” He said and held his mother’s hands. “Okay. Okay. I won’t talk about it anymore… but can we please agree on something?” His mother looked at him, waiting for him to say what he’s gotta say. “Don’t talk to her as if both of us are still in a relationship.”

She quickly removed her hand aggressively. “She’s my future daughter in law!! How do you want me to converse with her then?!” She snapped back at Onew which made her son lost for words.

There was a silence until Hwejin came. The surprised on her expression can’t be hidden as she saw Onew sitting with his mother.

“Oh… I didn’t know you…”

“My dear, come on, take a seat. I’m hungry.” His mother said and quickly called the waiter’s attention. “Order whatever you want. It’s my treat.” She said happily.

Onew tried to act normal. It was obvious so Hwejin tried to act normal, too. That’s their special talent: Pretending that they don’t feel awkward.

“Hmm… they serve good food here.” She said after tasting one dish. “This is luxurious enough… if you want simple wedding then we can have the reception here.” She said without looking at anyone of them. She said it so naturally as if weddings are just but normal topic they discuss at home.”

Onew and Hwejin looked at her in surprise. “U-umma…” Onew only uttered.

“But if you want it to be grand then it’s fine with me.” She said and had another slice of meat. “But the foods are really awesome. I want to eat here often.” She said.

Onew and Hwejin didn’t know what to say anymore. They just smiled and allowed his mother to talk as much as she wants.

“Oh… right.” She said and took something out of her bag. “I got tickets from Eric Benet’s concert in Seoul. You like him so much, right?” She uttered handing him 2 tickets for the concert. “I know you really want to go there and you should treat this as a reward since both of you did very well on the concert.” She looked at Hwejin. “I took 2 tickets so you can go together. Go watch the concert and I have a special mission for you guys.”

“Umma… you’re watching too much We Got Married.” He said and chuckled funnily.

“I know I’ve wanted you to go there but your schedules won’t allow you! Now I don’t need you to go there… Hwejinnie won’t agree on it.” She chuckled. “Here’s the mission. Take a photo with Eric Benet. I really want you to have a photo with him. okay? I’ll look forward to it!” She said excitedly again.

Hwejin and Onew looked at each other, then Hwejin took the tickets and kept them to herself. “We’ll go there, auntie. Thank you for giving us time to enjoy. We’ve been stressed out lately and this will be a very good break. I’ll make sure we take photo with Eric Benet.” She smiled widely at her auntie.


// the update on the homepage says you can already have notification when a reply was made to your comment... so there. I'll reply to your comments!!!!!!! YAY! So excited.. LOL.