His... whatevers.

When You Were Mine

 

“Director Son… I think you should take some break.” Her assistant came in handing her a cup of coffee. “You’ve been working for 5 hours straight.” She asked.

“Ms. Park…” She called as she gently pressed her shoulder to relax. “Do you happen to be a fan of SHINee?” She asked. Her assistant threw a confused look but eventually nodded when she realized that the Director asked about it seriously. “Who do you like most? I hope it’s Onew-ssi.” She added.

“Oh, deh!” The assistant answered with a bright look upon hearing Onew’s name. “Director… are you perhaps starting to be Onew-ssi’s fan, too? You’re called MVP then!” She started to feel all excited about it.

She chuckled. “It’s not like that. Can you take a seat for a while? I need to help me with this.” She said and cleaned her table by arranging the papers and putting them inside the folder. “I had the discussion with the production crew and the managers about the whole concert. Half of them were against Onew-ssi’s solo. They said it is not appropriate for the image he portrays and it will probably ruin how the fans see him.” She smiled and patted the table with the pen she’s holding. “You know, I’ve done research about them but I don’t really know how they portray themselves to the fans here in Korea.”

“So how do you want me to help, director?” The assistant asked.

“Close your eyes.” The director instructed. The assistant looked at her weirdly so she repeated, “Just close your eyes for a bit.” Then the latter eventually followed. “Imagine you’re in SWC III. A performance from SHINee has ended, and suddenly, all lights went off. The only light that can be seen now is a spotlight directing on the farthest side of the audience area. As you look at it, Onew suddenly came out wearing a white suit, on his embrace is a violin. You saw and hear him play the violin as a lift directed him back to the stage. The only music you can hear is the music coming from the violin that he plays. As he went down on the stage, you realized the suit that he’s wearing is ed up the 4th button. And then –“

“OMO! Will he take it off and show to the fans his … OMO! DIRECTOR-NIM ARE YOU SERIOUS ABOUT THIS?!!” The assistant stood up and slammed her palms faced the table and looked at the director with pure excitement.

Hwejin had to held on her chair because she was too shocked and surprised about her reaction.

“Director, please tell me this is going to happen!!” She said in a very loud voice.

“YAH! Can you please settle down for a bit?!” She shouted back. The assistant got a shock and realized what she was doing so she immediately sat down and relaxed herself. “Now I want to know your view about it as a fan.” She asked when she noticed that her assistant has finally calmed down.

She sighed, “Daebak..” The girl in front of her was looking at an empty space with falling shoulders. She was like imagining how Onew would look during that certain performance.

“If he ever removes the suit and sing topless…”

“Oh, not that.” The assistant looked at the director. “It will bring much bigger impact if you just make Onew-ssi wear revealing clothes, not totally showing everything to fans. It will be good to see Onew-ssi sing a strong ballad with constant high notes as he walks along the stage with his chest and abs almost revealing. A little exposure of s will be much daebak…”

“Yah, are you a ert?” She looked at her in awe and was really surprised about the assistant’s suggestion.

The assistant covered as she realized what she all said. “Sorry, director… but, I don’t think it will be a good idea to make him seem like how Jonghyun-ssi and Minho-ssi performed before.” The assistant looked around and leaned closer, whispering, “Onew-ssi’s image is that of an idol who unintentionally makes the fangirl’s go wild. His y innocent stares and just the way his adams apple moves make the fans crazy about him. When he bites his lips, fangirl’s scream, when he exposes his arms, fangirls want to die, and do you what’s more to him… It’s his…”

“ANNIYYAA!! Shut up, seriously, shut up now!” She shouted across the room and immediately pulled out the folder and fanned it to herself. “Aish, seriously, why did I even ask you about this!” She shouted frustratingly.

“Director. That idea of yours sure is daebak. He must appear on stage with 4 buttons off. Don’t make him it to the fans. He must still portray his y innocent image. It will be better if it will seem like he didn’t intend to do it or he doesn’t have any plans of exposing it. I hope you get what I mean, director. Please, don’t make him strip by himself. Let the fans imagine themselves ing the rest by their own fingers.”

“YAH, GO OUT!! I don’t need to hear anymore!” She covered her ears and closed her eyes tightly. “You know what, I thank you for giving me such good advices on how I should arrange his solos, but please… please just go out, I can’t hear anymore than that!” She said as she looked so much in panic.

The assistant followed and went out of his office. She then rested her head and closed her eyes deeply as she tried to calm down. Okay, fine. The thing she heard from the assistant is nothing but just normal. It’s just about somebody’s y features and stuff, something that she already learned in her stay in the industry.

But of course, the fact that their talking about Onew frustrates her to the nth level. He isn’t somebody, and it’s hard not to be in panic when they’re talking about him and his… whatevers.

You can’t lose your mind like this, Hwejin-ah… the day is still long. Go and face your work, you foolish girl.