Presenting

When You Were Mine

 

[1 week later]

“Haven’t prepared yet?” The manager asked as he entered the SHINee dorm that morning.

Jonghyun was still on the floor doing few pushups and was surprised by the manager’s random appearance. “Hyung, what brought you here?” He asked as he stood up.

“Hey, didn’t I call Onew about it last night? Today’s gonna be the time when Director Son will show the final MV for the song!” He said. “Where’s Onew? I asked them to inform you guys about it!” He asked.

Then came Onew with a bowl of cereal on his hand. “Oh, hyung! You’re here!” He approached him while smiling squishy. “What’s up hyung?” He asked.

“What’s up?” He crossed his arms towards Onew. “What’s up is that you forgot to tell your members that we’re going to have the exclusive MV launching today with Director Son and the President.” He announced.

Onew’s eyes widened. “Oh right! I forgot! Oh what to do? Yah! Kids! Get off now, we’re leaving in 10 minutes!” He shouted as he put back the cereal on the fridge and ran hurriedly into his room.

The four guys, hearing the leader’s hysterical call, started to move fast so they can be there on time. The manager shook his head as he mentally took note of informing Key instead of Onew from now on. This guy sure forgets a lot of things easily.

**** **** ****

“Hyung!” Onew called out Teuk who entered the company the same time with them. He then noticed that the other Super Junior members came with him. “Oh! What’s going to happen? All of you are here.” He asked after greeting the sunbae.

“The president called us and asked us to come see the official MV for SHINee’s comeback soon.” He asked.

Onew and the other members were surprised and confused at the same time. This is the first time that other artists were invited for the exclusive launching. Usually the premier show of the MV was only between the president, the managers, the artist, and the director. They wonder why Super Junior will be included.

“It’s in Mini theater, please go ahead.” The receptionist said and they were shocked again. How many people are going to watch that it must be on the theater? President sure has a lot of surprises in store for them.

As they went up to the mini theater… they were surprised to learn that not only Super Junior came. SNSD and F(x) are already there inside. Right after Super Junior occupied seats for them, EXO also came and greeted them before sitting. After a while, BoA, DBSK, and Kangta came.

“Is this a meeting for SM Town?” Key joked after learning that almost all artists came.

It was noisy inside when the president took the microphone to start the launching. “I know you might be surprise why I called for all of you to watch SHINee’s next MV.” He started. “There are three things we I gathered you all. 1st… I want you to meet the new family member of SMTown… Director Son Hwejin.” She stood up and waved to be recognized. The artists clapped. “I’ll give her the mic later on to give a word for everybody. Director Son Hwejin is an internationally known director who directed some music videos that won an award last year. This is only her 2nd year in the industry but she already has a lot of achievement. We’ll witness how good she can be today with the SHINee MV. The 2nd thing is that… I want to tell you she’s going to handle everybody on their comeback… she’ll surely direct an MV for you guys but since it’s SHINee’s 5th year anniversary so I decided to start with them. The third is… as soon as we’re done with SHINee World Concert III, Director Son Hwejin will be directing the next SMTown concerts. She will be playing a lot for us so please treat her nicely.”

The artists clapped again as the president ended the talk about the director. “Without further ado, let’s give the floor to the director to introduce to us her masterpiece.” He said and the artists clapped again.

“Annyonghasaeyo, Son Hwejin imnida.” She introduced herself. “Thank you Mr. President for that wonderful introduction though… I consider myself as a normal director who just wants the best for the artist. I might not be as good as anybody when we work together so please bear with my short comings…”

“Aish… she’s too humble.” Key said as he leaned over his seatmate Krystal. “I swear that director is the most awesome director we could ever have. I know coz we experienced.” He added.

“I’m looking forward to working happily with everyone of you.” She bowed 90 degrees in front as she pays respect to everyone. “And now… though I’m afraid this won’t fit your liking… please watch the SHINee MV that I prepared for the upcoming comeback.” She said.

The MV started to play…

The first frame that appeared was SHINee’s silhouette while they stand at the seaside with the sea and the sunset on their background… it zoomed in to the center face who they guessed was either Onew or Key. The latter confirmed that it was Onew who stood in the center.

The next scene was an aerial view of their choreography part at the rooftop, all dressed in gray and white themed outfits.

The solos were awesome… it features not just the full face but also the side profile and the backside. There are scenes where a member dances at it rotates 360 degrees. It gained a huge applause at the viewers as they only saw that shot for the first time.

The ending was really smooth as it ended with Onew’s face being zoomed in as the shot faded.

All the artist stood up for a warm applause and standing ovation. She was happy enough to know that they are satisfied with what she did. The artists then walked one by one and congratulate her.

That feels better than when she won an international award. There is nothing greater than having the same people appreciate your work.

Onew stood up with Kyu while clapping together. She was far away but Onew can clearly see how she was smiling.

“She’s 22? Even younger than most of us but already great and worth the praise.” Kyu said.

“My ex girlfriend is really beautiful just now as her genuine smile reappears. I haven’t seen them in five years.” He muttered. It was supposed to be for himself but Kyu heard it and automatically looked at him.

“Ex girlfriend?” He asked with eyes widening towards him.

It’s too late to take his words back so he just sighed and nodded calmly. “That awesome director over there is my beautiful ex girlfriend.” He said.

“Since when? 5 years ago?” Onew nodded to Kyu’s question. “And you’re not awkward with her? Wah, Jinki-ssi. I thought you’re not interested with girls. I didn’t know you had a girlfriend once.” He said.

“It’s hard to find a girl better than her, you know. She’s one of a kind.” He uttered again.

Kyu felt weird as he noticed Onew seemed to be out of his mind. He was just staring far away as if he’s not talking to someone. “Yah… Lee Jinki. What’s wrong with you?” He asked.

Jinki then looked at him and blinked his eyes a couple of times before talking again, “What was I saying again?” He asked.

Kyu shook his head in annoyance. “It’s either all the things you just said are true… or you’re imagining things with her because you’re starting to like the director. Now I don’t think she’s your ex girlfriend. That’s impossible because she studied abroad for a long time. I think you just have a crush on her. Look at you being engrossed and drawn at the director’s smiles.” He said as he noticed.


//Leave some comments, guys. ILY all