Danger

When You Were Mine

 

“Onew-yah!” Hyoyeon shouted happily when they saw Onew arriving at the set. He was still busy greeting everyone he passes by so the girls waited for few more minutes before he finally get into meeting them, smiling widely at the nine girls who paid attention to the SHINee leader.

“Yah! So they were serious about getting the person we want to lead with us in the music video?” Yuri said in a cheerful voice. She patted Onew’s shoulder like how old friends do. “You’re getting cooler these days, Onew-ah. We thought there was no way to cast you.” She said while smiling brightly.

“I have all the time to do so.” Onew said and chuckled. “I figured out from the manager I was casted because I won as your top choices. Wow, I didn’t know SNSD-sunbaenims like me that much!” He expressed.

“Not really!” Jessica jokingly replied. “The music video is about nine girls bullying a nerdy guy. Isn’t you the perfect one to play the role?” She chuckled.

Onew looked at her for a while and then he smiled as well. He was close to the girls since they are from the same company and Onew even trained with some of them during the pre-debut years.

“Onew-ssi… let’s prepare now.” The coordi noona said and Onew was immediately asked to occupy a seat for his makeup session. Hyoyeon, Sica, and Sunny who had finished their makeup sat with him to have some chat. Because Onew was a happy guy in nature, it wasn’t hard for him to make a cheerful and laughable atmosphere for SNSD who has been exhausted and tired lately due to nonstop practice and recording. He knew very well how it feels during a week before the comeback. There lies the most pressure so he was trying to lift the burden just for a bit of being with them.

“Wait, Jinki-yah.” Hyoyeon said after a while. “Is it true? The rumor about you and Luna-ssi dating. Tell us honestly. We promise nobody will know.” She said in curiousity.

Onew shrugged his shoulders. “Isn’t it supposed to be her who will answer those kinds of questions?” He simply said. “You should ask her instead of me. I can’t just deny nor confirm something without her knowing.”

“Aish~ Playing safe.” Hyoyeon said and lifted a corner of her lip.

“No. He was just being careful of Luna-ssi’s feelings.” Jessica immediately defended Onew. She’s fond of Onew because she finds him super funny to be with.

“How about the director? I heard she was your ex girlfriend?” Sunny then interrupted opening another topic.

Onew’s eyes widened a little bit and he was surprised with them knowing about it.

“Was she the same girl…” Hyoyeong looked up for a while as if she was thinking of something. “Omo. Was she the same girl who we always see waiting for you outside the company after practice?”

Onew thought for a while and eventually nodded. Why was he thinking about it when he never had any other girlfriend aside for her on the first place?

“Omo! You crossed ways again?! It must be fate!” Sunny clasped her hands together while wearing a cute expression. “You must be destined! How romantic can it get! I’m envious of Director Son for having a very good destiny!” It seemed that she was thinking of a fairytale like love story.

While the other person they were talking about was in currently in her car, driving her way to the set while talking to her assistant on the line who was already at the set.

“Oh right. I haven’t chosen a male lead to star in it.” She blurted out when she remembered about hiring a talent to lead the music video with some of the SNSD members.

“But… Onew-ssi has arrived.” The person on the other line said. “They’re currently styling him.” She added.

That news surprised her a lot. Onew? What is Onew doing there on a SNSD music video filming. “Again? Who has arrived and preparing for the filming now?”

“SHINee’s Onew, director-nim.” She told her.

“Are you serious? How did he get there? What will he do there anyway? I know he is not a part of SNSD. No way.” She said in panic. Hwejin was clueless… but she gets out of her mind whenever Onew’s name is mentioned in a conversation. “And he wasn’t telling me anything?!!” She blurted out and realized that was she remarked is a very suspicious statement. Why would he simply call her just like that anyways?

“Eh… eh?” The assistant seemed to be dumbfounded over how she was acting. “They… I think they chose Onew-ssi to star in the MV. Why? Don’t you think he will be fitted for the role? Should I tell them to change lead?”

“No. No. Wait till I get there.” She said and immediately hanged up. Beside her was the script that was prepared for the music video. She took it and looked at it and was in rage on a certain part:

Male lead runs and backhugs the female lead.

Male: (whispers) Saranghae.

“Gosh! Are you telling me I should endure another set of these scenes?! I’ve had enough with Luna!” She shouted while she was inside the car. The red light appeared so she was forced to stop the car for a bit. “Aish, Lee Jinki, why do you keep on saying yes to projects?!” She shouted for the second time. “No. No. I swear these parts won’t get into my camera lens. Not in front of my eyes.” She was determined and drove with full heart after that.

She stopped the car at the outdoor location and made her way to the set. Walking closer to the artists, her eyes wanted to burn when she saw that Onew was surrounded by 3 girls who are laughing along with him. She tried to endure it, not until a blonde suddenly reached for Onew’s hair and fixed it as if it was her own hair.

She felt her nose almost smoking before she could even shout loud to greet everyone. “Everyone, I’m sorry I’m late but can we please prepare now?! We’ll start in 10 minutes!!” She shouted across the set and the crew immediately started to fix what were needed to be fixed.

Onew on the other hand almost fell on his seat when he heard the most familiar voice ever. He immediately looked at his back to see if it’s really her.

There he found Director Son Hwejin standing at the center, with her arms crossed in front of her, and suddenly raising an eyebrow towards everybody.

“Oh Gosh… we need to prepare. That look on her face symbolizes danger.” Onew whispered to the other SNSD members. They just looked at him as if they were clueless about what he was talking about. “Just believe me. When she’s wearing that expression… be sure to suffer a bit for the time being. I’ve worked with Director Son for few months… she’s a beautiful danger.” Onew uttered.