Reunion

When You Were Mine

 

It was a complete chaos backstage. Staffs are all preparing for the opening of the concert as fans gathered together at the audience. They are starting to fill in the seats. It was a sold out for a 2 day concert in Seoul.

Families and friends of SHINee are all present and they gathered at the holding room. There are also some of the labelmates who are there to support SHINee for their concert.

“Jinki-ah.”

“Umma!” Onew ran towards his mother as he saw her enter the room with his father. He was very happy for their presence, plus, it’s his birthday today. He hugged her and his mother hugged him back. Onew’s father patted his back as a sign of support.

“Do well, my son. I know you’ll make us proud again.” He said.

“Yes, appa.” He said as he hugged her father as well.

“SHINee… we’re on in about 5 minutes so prepare yourselves now!” Hwejin’s voice was heard as she entered the holding room calling the attention of the five. Minho and Jonghyun then started gathering the members to shout their cheer together.

After that, Hwejin clapped twice. “Okay, SHINee. It’s time to go now. Goodluck, guys! Do well!” She shouted and the other people shouted sending in their cheer for the boys.

“Honey, she looks familiar to me.” Onew’s mother told her hubby pertaining to Hwejin. “She looks exactly like the mature version of… of…” She thought for a while.

“Isn’t she Son Hwejin? Jinki’s girlfriend?”  His father uttered completely recognizing Hwejin on the first sight.

“Oh right! She’s my dear Hwejinnie!!” Umma clasped her hands together in happiness. “Our Jinki didn’t tell us they met again… and… she’s their director?” She sighed and embraced her husband’s arm. “Honey… they’re really fated. I’m glad Hwejinnie’s back now.” She said lovingly.

The family members went out of the holding area to occupy the seats reserved for them during the concert. Onew’s parents were going on their way to their seat when they noticed yet other familiar figures.

“Haena-ssi?” Onew’s mother uttered.

The woman she called looked at her and they exchanged gazes for quite a while. “Sunhee?” Both eyes widened as they were sure they recognized each other correctly. The two women ran to each other and hugged. “Wow, it’s been so long!” Haena uttered. “And I’m glad seeing Seung Hae here as well!” She said pertaining to Onew’s father.

“There’s Baek Jin here, too. Wow. This is a reunion. By the way.. what brought you here guys? Are you here to cheer for Jinki as well?” Onew’s mother said excitedly.

“Perhaps you don’t know yet… but Hwejinnie is the overall director of this concert. We came to support our daughter as well, and we’re excited to see Jinki perform on stage. This will be the first time that we’ll see him live.” Haena umma uttered.

“Shall we sit together then and witness how good the boys are?” Onew father, Seunghae, said and motioned for them to occupy their seats.

“Haena-yah ~ Later, I’ll introduce you to the other parents of SHINee. This will be fun. I’m excited and I’ve missed you both so much!” She said in delight.

Onew and Hwejin’s parents have been very good friend ever since they established a relationship before. That’s why it was also hard for them when both decided to be apart. They weren’t able to say goodbye to each other properly when Hwejin and her parents left to go to States, and now that they see each other again, they won’t miss the chance of having fun together as well just like the old times.


// A short chapter to spice you all up. I'll be back later after I do some stuff. :D