.

When You Were Mine

 

Hwejin’s assistant entered the office with a disappointed look. She was not in her usual self who greets her every morning bringing with her a cup of Hwejin’s morning coffee. The assistant just put her coffee on the table without uttering any words at all.

“Are you okay?” Hwejin asked when she noticed her very displeased expression. The assistant stood up and looked at her for two seconds before talking again.

“Director Son… Isn’t life just so unfair? Perfect guy meets perfect girl… and those people who wished to be with them… will end up in fail.” She said with a very serious and sincere expression.

“Oh? Did something happen?” Hwejin asked worriedly.

“SHINee Onew and F(x) Luna are dating…” She uttered and made a very loud sigh. “I know it’s just a rumor, but just this morning I saw Onew walking at the hallway with Luna.” She said in a very displeased manner. “Like seriously, can they try to spread perfection by reaching out to the ones who need them more?”

Hwejin didn’t respond. She just nodded and acted as if she doesn’t care about it at all. When the assistant noticed the annoyed expression on her boss’ face, she exited and made her way out silently.

She then sighed at the thought of Onew having a relationship with someone else now. She shook her head and thought to herself, They look very good, though, a real perfect match.

Hwejin was in deep thought when her phone vibrated. She received a message from her boyfriend.

Hun, don’t forget about our lunch at 11 am. I’ll pick you up. Love you ^^

She smiled after reading the text. What’s there to care about other’s relationship when she’s having a happy one on the side? She doesn’t need to care and to know about what’s happening to Onew and his love life. What matters now is the idea that she is happily in a relationship with Haiden.

**** **** ****

They were eating when Hwejin opened the topic about Onew and Luna. “My assistant was depressed right now after hearing the news about Onew and Luna.” She smiled as she put one spoonful of food towards her boyfriend’s mouth.

“So… it has been revealed?” Haiden asked after munching on the food she fed to him.

“Wasn’t it already a given? They’re going out boldly and I often see them on hallways walking together. They seem to want being acknowledged by everybody as a couple.” She said and made a pfft sound.

“You sound so displease and not amused.” Haiden said in a monotone while cutting the meat on his plate. “Don’t you want Onew to be happy?” He asked and looked at his girlfriend.

“Not that I don’t want him to be happy… it’s just that… why do they hang together so much? What if fans make a huge buzz about it? Don’t you think it’s a little scandalous?” She asked with an expression as if she’s trying to make Haiden get to her side.

“They’re humans after all. What’s wrong with hanging around too much? It just shows that they really like each other and it’s not for some publicity .” He replied.

“But my point is…” She stopped when Haiden interrupted her.

“Babe, can we be more sensitive? We’re talking about your ex boyfriend?” Haiden looked at her frowning a bit. “He’s not just someone we made to discuss about. He’s someone related to you… intimately… in the past.” He said.

“And so?”

“It’s awkward to talk about your ex boyfriend with your current boyfriend, not to mention your complaining about him having a love life.” He admitted.

“Oh… I’m sorry.” She said and bitted her lower lip. It must’ve been awkward for Haiden, she thought.

“Let’s drop the topic… so how was it for you these past few days?” He asked lovingly, as if nothing happened just a while ago.

“Tiring as usual.” She chuckled a bit. “I went here and there just to finish all the stuffs needed. We’ll start filming for the VCRs 2 days from now.” Hwejin told him.

“What does SHINee say about it? Are they okay about it? Are they having a good time? Tell me. Are they complaining?” He asked continuously.

“They’re very fine about it… though I don’t know about Onew because he wasn’t there when I met the boys. They told me he’s with Luna.” She uttered.

Haiden wanted her to stop talking about him again but he just let it slide since he thought it will stop there, but she didn’t.

“That’s what I don’t like about him these days. He chooses that girl over his work. He’s so narrow and irresponsible. I thought he was the responsible and reliable leader I used to know. I didn’t know he could be this worthless with just a girl around him.”

A huge slam on the table was heard and she almost jumped in surprise. Haiden looked at her and he looked angry. “I SAID STOP TALKING ABOUT HIM IN FRONT OF ME. Why are you so insensitive?!” That and he stood up in his seat and left, leaving her surprised and speechless.