From the distance

When You Were Mine

 

“She’ll come anytime soon.” Jonghyun uttered with all smiles on his face. “Wait for her patiently, hyung.” He said and went out of the restaurant immediately.

Onew sighed. He was thinking if what he was doing right now is just alright. He was debating whether dating a hoobae is okay, perhaps, it is sure can be one of his dongsaengs, except of course if it’s Victoria. He looked at his watch. They have an agreement to meet at 10 am and it’s already 10:10. As he looked up at the door, he immediately saw a familiar figure coming towards him. The person immediately made him frown. Onew automatically stood up wearing a confused and amusing look.

His jaw almost dropped as the girl stood in front of him and waved. “A-amber?”

Amber took a seat, “Sunbae, you take a seat as well.” She said and asked him to sit back. Onew followed but he was still in disbelief. “Hey, why are you looking at me like that?” Amber said comfortably.

“This is a prank. Seriously. You kids.” Onew shook his head and chuckled. “I’m being serious about the dating thing and you’re fooling around. Tsk.” He rolled his eyes but it was just for a joke.

“Why? Are you not happy it’s me who likes you in F(x)? Are you perhaps… expecting someone else?” She asked in a serious tone. “Hey, oppa… I’m a girl, too. Can’t you see me as a girl?”

Those words Amber said made Onew realize she has a point. He immediately looked at her with an apologetic look. “I’m sorry, Amber-ah…” He said. “It’s just that… oppa didn’t expect this.”

“Can’t you like me?” Amber asked with a serious face. “Do you want me to dress like a real girl for you?” Amber was wearing her usual boyish clothes during that time.

“Not that… I just thought you and Key can be much fitter.” He honestly said.

“I brought some clothes with me.” Amber raised the paper bag that she was holding. “If you tell me to get dressed then I’ll do it so we can talk comfortably like other dating couples do.”

Onew’s eyes widened a bit upon hearing Amber’s straight words, but because he’s the guy so he knows he has to lead her well. “Do you want to change clothes? If it will be too uncomfortable then I’m okay with you being with your most comfortable clothes.” He smiled in a very considerate manner.

“I’ll change clothes.” She said and stood up. “Please wait for me. I’ll be out in a bit.” She smiled and stood up to go straight to the ladies room. Onew then sighed loudly and looked away. It’s not that he doesn’t like Amber, but the fact that it’s her makes him surprised and unable to react. They are use on treating each other as brothers, and to be honest, he never saw her as someone he could date… well, nor other members, too, but Amber…

“Amber… Amber…” He said repeatedly and rested his head on the table. Not caring if other people are looking, he hit his forehead on the table several times gently. “What to do with you?” He said.

“Oppa… I’m done.”

Onew immediately lifted his head. “You’re fa—“ His words were lost in the air when he saw another person sitting opposite him. “H-hey…” He uttered and looked at the ladies room where Amber went just a while ago.

“I changed clothes.” She smiled brightly towards Onew.

Onew blinked couple of times. He was trying to think if it’s really Amber in front of him and she just happened to look like someone else. After he realized he was being dumb on thinking she was still Amber, he sighed loudly again and narrowed his eyes towards her. “You’re really pulling a prank on me. Who’s gonna appear next? Krystal? Are all the f(x) members present today?” He chuckled.

“Remember when we sang a song together on stage during our concert abroad?” She asked with calm and sweet eyes. “That is my most memorable moment up to now. I wished we could do it again.” Onew’s eyes turned serious as he looked at her sincere expression. “I was shy and all doubtful if I could handle meeting you like this, oppa, but I realize there’s no harm and trying, and you’re a very close oppa. I know you very well, and I know this will be okay for you.”

Onew smiled at how cute she looks as she fidgets and constantly moves her fingers together. “Should we eat first?” He uttered and immediately called for the waiter.

Meanwhile…

“What do you want to eat today, sweetie?” Haiden held his girlfriend’s hand as they went inside a restaurant. This is the 2nd time that they are going to eat here so they already know that they serve good food on that restaurant.

“Anything.” She smiled and looked up to see her boyfriend’s handsome face. “You know I eat all kinds of food so choose what you think is delicious.” She said as they were looking for a table to occupy.

“Oh. Is that Onew?” Haiden said when he saw a familiar face at the far corner of the restaurant.

“Oh?” She said and followed Haiden’s sight. “R-right.” She uttered after confirming that it’s him.

“Is he with someone? Wow. Should we greet them?” He said and smiled. He was about to walk towards them but Hwejin stopped him.

“No.” She said as she held his hand tightly. “Let’s give them some time between themselves.” Haiden looked at him weirdly but she smiled. “Idols date privately, if we budge in and greet them, though they possibly know who we are, chances are they will get to be uncomfortable about knowing someone saw them dating. Look at other people who are not paying attention to them. They went here because they know they can date freely here. Let’s just occupy a seat not too close to them so they won’t see us.”

Still trying to absorb hwejin’s reasoning, Haiden just followed and pulled out a chair on the table right next to the table where they were standing just a while ago.

Hwejin sat where she could freely see what the two were doing. She tried to remove her sight from them and look straight into Haiden only, but she cannot help it because Onew’s smile always steals her attention.

Every movement of Onew was seen on the side of her sight even if she’s talking to Haiden. She’s too uncomfortable right now but she can’t tell her to Haiden because she’s worried he might think that she’s being like this because her ex boyfriend is around with some other girl… which is actually true.

Wait. It is not some other girl. She realized it was someone from SM Entertainment as well because as the girl turned her head, she saw a familiar face. Which girlgroup does she belong? SNSD? F(x)?

As she looked at the girl, the girl met her eyes and Hwejin knew the girl recognized her. She smiled brightly and she saw her telling Onew that they were there. Onew then turned his head on their direction. He was unable to react at first but then he managed to smile and nodded.

“Oh? It seems that they saw us.” Haiden said and waved to the other table. “Isn’t the girl from SM as well? I met her at the party before. If I’m not mistaken… she’s Luna from F(x).”

“Oh~” Hwejin wanted to laugh at herself for not knowing who she is when she’s working with her on the same company, while Haiden managed to remember names that he had met before.

“They look quite good, huh?” He said and continued eating.

Hwejin looked at the two who were now eating again together chatting about different things. Onew seemed like a real gentleman listening to Luna’s stories very intently and sincere.

Oh yes… they look really good together.


//I realize I can already reply to your comments one by one!! Wait till I get to see what you gotta say and I'll reply to you all! OMG! That made me so excited! Thanks AFF!