Challenge

When You Were Mine

 

“What the fudge.” Onew uttered in English as the five of them left her office.

“Eh?” Taemin was confused. “Hyung, isn’t that supposed to be ?” He asked with an innocent face. Onew looked at him in panic and immediately looked around if other heard what the maknae said.

“Yah. I said another word to prevent that one. Can you please reduce your habit of saying that word? People think you’re a ert.” He said. “This kid. Ever since your stage performance with that word, you started going here and there uttering that word like a natural expression.” He shook his head.

“Isn’t violin a difficult instrument to play?” Minho asked as he placed his arm around Onew’s shoulder. “I think learning violin requires a lot of attention and heart into it. The music it creates is very emotional. You can’t play it just for the sake of playing it. You need a heart for it and an inspiration.” He added.

“How about hyung play saxophone instead?” Key suggested. “Remember that scene on Boys Over Flowers where one of the F4 guys played a saxophone onstage? That’s really charming. Onew hyung will surely take millions of fans hearts with that performance.”

“But Director Son’s suggestion of him playing the piano is so cool. Imagine Onew hyung being lifted up as he goes around the audience while playing the violin with all his heart. Daebak!” Jonghyun expressed. “Admit it or not… Director Son has the brightest concert ideas in town. Her suggestions are all perfect and well fitted.”

“Except for me, probably.” Onew resisted. “She wants me to go topless onstage? That’s funny.”

“That’s funny because you have a chubby tummy.” Key said and they laughed again. Onew pouted. “You should think of something else then or you might end up doing either of the two. Exposing you so called abs is funny, while learning the violin while we have a lot of work is very difficult.”

He was still thinking of what else to do when they got home. He sat at the couch and browsed for random TV shows. “What do you think about singing a ballad song, kids?” Onew asked after a while.

“It’s too common for Onew-ssi.” Jonghyun uttered and sat with him. “You’re known to be the ballad killer in SHINee. It will be better to see another side of you. It’s time to either go hot or handsome.”

“How about you go rapping?” Minho suggested.

“Duh, Minho. The fans would think Onew hyung is taking the concert as a joke.” Key uttered.

“What about you do a y dance, hyung?” Taemin uttered.

“That’s gross.” Key answered again. “I highly recommend Director’s Son suggestion of playing the violin. You will look very cool with that, hyung. I’m sure.”

**** **** ****

The next morning, Onew decided to go to her office to ask her about helping him change his solo stage.

“Taemin-ah. Let’s go to Director Son’s office. I need her help to decide for another solo.” He asked Taemin as they were in the middle of the break during practice.

“I’m too tired, hyung. You can go alone.” He uttered.

“You can’t go with me just this once, Taemin-ah?” The maknae shook his head. Onew then went to the other members but no one agreed to go with him.

He had no choice, but to see her in the office by himself, and ease away all the awkwardness that he will feel.

Hwejin was surprised to see him there but she already had the idea of what Onew’s gonna talk about with her. He sat there silently at the other side of the table. Silent. Trying to grasp for the words that he would say.

“Can you help me pick another solo to have on the concert?” He asked. Looking away.

Hwejin pretended that she’s doing something on her computer so she didn’t look at him as well. Both of them were trying their best to act normal.

“You think my suggestions were not good enough?” She asked.

“No. I’m just not comfortable with doing both.” Onew replied honestly. “Doing the first option is too much… while doing the other one is so hard.” He explained.

“So you won’t do something if it’s too much or hard? You’ll let yourself do just average things?” It was then when she decided to look at him. Their expressions met and it was awkward for the 2nd time. “You know what… I’ve chosen the best for you but if you can’t do it then it’s okay, just please don’t blame me if on that day people will just forget what you did. The point of a performance is a long lasting effect. If you can make the audience remember what you did on stage then that means the performance you gave out was rather successful and remarking. When the other four members do what I said then the best of them will surely come out. If you want to stick on the original you then it’s not my problem in the end anymore.” She said straightly while typing something.

Onew then stood up and faced her. “Fine. Thank you for giving me 2 options of what I can do. Since you told me those concept can let the best out of me… then please do something to make me do both of them. Thank you very much, Director Son.” That and Onew immediately left the office.

So it will be a hot supposed to be topless performance with a violin performance.


//I died just imagining about it. OMG.