5 years later

When You Were Mine

 

“SHINee! SHINee! SHINee!”

Onew, Jonghyun, and Key’s tears fell as they hear the shout from the crowd composing of the SHINee World. They just finished their fanmeeting marking their 5 year anniversary as a group. The two youngest went to console their hyungs on the stage.

It was wonderful enough to see the sight of five guys that are united not just because of work, but because of love and care for each other. Taemin’s arm was around his Onew-hyung’s back. He looked at the oldest and gently wiped his tears with his own hand.

“Remember when we first met each other on the same day five years ago?” Minho initiated to give the final talk because Onew hyung couldn’t make it. “We are so thankful for the fans ever since we started as a group and we will continue to give back as how we felt so much gratitude for all of you. Please look after us in the future as we continue to give you more of our Shining performances. Thank you very much everyone, SHINee World, fighting!” He shouted and the five of them held each other’s hands as they did the final bow.

Fans cries were all around the mini concert hall. Some of them couldn’t believe that they have been with SHINee for 5 long years. They shouted “Saranghae” in chorus with constant shouts of the member’s name.

The lights went out and they were still bowing. “You can come down now, SHINee.” The staff who was secretly watching backstage whispered and all of them followed.

As they went down, the five of them group hugged. Onew and Jonghyun were crying nonstop. It’s funny how the kids are taking care of their crying hyungs.

Minho rubbed both backs while trying to calm them down. It just made Jonghyun cry even harder.

Three managers went to join the group hug. “It’s been a great journey, guys. We still have long way to go. Congratulations on staying as five. This is everybody’s success.” One manager said as his congratulatory message.

“We encountered a lot of problems but we were able to cope with them. It’s been a great bond.” The 2nd manager said.

“I’m proud I was able to keep up with these stubborn and weird kids for some years already.” The 3rd manager said and they chuckled together. “Shall we celebrate together? The president allowed me to book a reservation at a whole bar just for us and he’ll answer all the expenses.”

The manager’s announcement made the five delighted and excited. “Daebak, hyung!!” They said in chorus.

After packing up, 5 SHINee members, 3 managers, 5 coordi noonas, and few other staff that helped them in the fanmeeting went together to the bar the manager booked for all of them. They also made a contact with some of their friends.

The bar was jam packed as they celebrated the 5 year anniversary of SHINee. Co-label mates Super Junior, F(x), DBSK, EXO, and SNSD came.  Some of their friends from other idol groups also came to greet and celebrate with them.

Onew comfortably sat down on one corner with Taemin. The younger was excited because of the music. He’s bobbing his head along with the rhythm.

Not far away were Jonghyun and Key dancing with the others. They seemed to be enjoying the dancefloor, laughing and chuckling together.

Obviously, Joon occupied a seat opposite Onew. They started to chat happily while Taemin was still roaming his eyes around the place. Few minutes later and some SJ hyungs came to sit with them.

“Let’s drink, guys.” Kyu sat down and opened a bottle of alcohol. “Tonight is a good night worth celebrating.”

They started to drink and have some fun chats together.

“The next time we’ll drink like this is by the time Jinki-ssi gets himself a girlfriend.” Joon said and the guys all agreed and started teasing him.

“Aniya~ Aniya~” Onew just chuckled while waving his hand in a ‘no’ motion. “You need to find another event worth celebrating for. That thing is still far from today.” He said.

“Don’t underestimate fate, Jinki-ah.” Changmin wiggled his index finger towards Onew. He seemed to be a little tipsy. “It’s a pity, though, that you had to give Hwejin up because of your dreams.” He said.

“Not that it’s for my dreams.” Onew cleared out. “Hwejin is a girl with a private life. She deserves to live peacefully without any issues or hate hanging out with her. She deserves to gain only love and not antis. I had to let go of her as early as possible before the public knows about her.” A smile came. “I don’t regret it, though. I know Hwejin is having a good time with her own life now somewhere out there. She might also be living with that special someone that will love her more than I did.” He said.

“My conclusion is that … Jinki couldn’t get a new girlfriend because he couldn’t let go of the memories with his ex.” Kyu uttered.

Onew shook his head and smiled, “I’ve let go of Hwejin and her memories a long time ago. I don’t think about her anymore for the past 4 years. I got over her easily because I was so busy. The reason why I don’t have a girlfriend is simply because I don’t like to.” He said and took another glass of alcohol oneshot.