Time

Change

“Y-you have what?” stuttered Ryeowook as his eyes widened, including others, who only knew that she’ll die, nothing else. Donghae’s grip tightened as he looked down, trying not to cry, but it was hard since So Min’s voice was breaking as she was talking about her disease. She was afraid.

“Y-you’re kidding right?” laughed Shindong. “It’s a nasty joke, So Min...” he added, but as he looked at Donghae who was at the end of tears, he looked back at So Min who was smiling sadly.

“W-why didn’t you tell us?” asked Ryeowook sadly.

“I'm sorry,” she started. “I was afraid and I still am afraid that you might not talk with me anymore...” she murmured.

“B-but...you’re pregnant...you’re having a baby!” exclaimed Shindong and pointed at her. So Min’s eyes filled with tears and she looked down.

“W-what about you, Donghae? Did you know?” asked Yesung quietly.

“I heard when she was talking with SHINee in America.” he answered. So Min’s eyes widened as she looked at him in disbelief.

“All this time?” she asked surprised. Donghae nodded and looked at her, saying: “When Onew was calling Kyuhyun, he heard what you were talking about.”

“And you didn’t say anything?” she asked shocked.

“I was afraid...” he whispered and looked down.

“Why didn’t you tell us? Why did you keep it only to yourself, to Donghae and Kyuhyun? Why didn’t you...just tell us?” asked Kangin, obviously mad, yet hurt at the same time.

“I didn’t want you to pity me, especially Kyuhyun and Donghae. I wanted for you to live happily...” she smiled sadly.

“How do you expect us to live happily, when you’re fighting on your own?!” raised Siwon his voice, startling her. “I just heard that you’ll die, when you’re a part of the family ever since we’ve met and that is from the year 2008.” Her eyes widened as she just heard that. She looked at Siwon with tears in her eyes.

“When Kyuhyun told us that you disappeared that day, without any trace, we lost all of our hope in meeting with you. We deadly wanted to meet you, to see if you’re really a nice person on what Kyuhyun was saying while describing you.” said Kangin. Others nodded in agreement as they all looked down. This time, So Min broke down in tears and started crying. Ha Neul, which was sitting to her, gently patted her back, while Donghae let his tears fall down as well.

“I’m...sorry,” she murmured whispering, while sobbing. “I’m really sorry...” The doors opened, revealing Kyuhyun running to So Min, with his red eyes from crying for whole ten minutes that he was in his room, and hugged her tightly crying even more. Behind him was Sungmin who also had red eyes.

“I know you hate it, but...how much longer?” asked Yesung quietly.

“When...” So Min started and tried to calm, but she couldn’t, so Ha Neul started talking instead of her: “When the time will come to give birth...that’s when she’ll......die...” she whispered the last word.

“What?!” squealed Ryeowook in his high pitched voice. “What do you mean by that? That’s...this month!” he exclaimed sounding shocked.

“You mean to say...that all this...time when you were feeling bad...it was because of...of...cancer?” asked Shindong quietly as he was fighting with tears in his eyes, while his voice was cracking. So Min slowly raised her head as she nodded. This time, Shindong started crying as well as Yesung, who barely shows his tears. It was clearly seen that Cho So Min, now Lee So Min, was very special too all of them.

“Pabo,” murmured Siwon as he wiped his tears, stood up, walked to So Min and hugged her tightly. “You should have told us...” he scolded her as he tried to smile, but tears just kept streaming down his cheeks. So Min could feel how a big weight got off her chest as now everyone knows the truth. She was happy that she could tell them the truth, she was happy that now she can leave them without worrying for anyone not knowing.

~Next morning~

“Wakey~” sang Ryeowook and gently poked So Min’s cheek after Donghae already left on his practice.

“Five more minutes, Wookie...” she murmured and the other side. “Ugh,” she groaned and touched her head.

“Your head?” he asked. Without opening her eyes, So Min nodded. “I made a soup especially for headaches.” he smiled. This time, she slowly opened her eyes and looked at him. “I’m not lying.” he said since he saw doubt in her eyes. So Min chuckled as she slowly sat up and then stood, slowly walking out of her room with Ryeowook holding her tightly.

“Where is Ha Neul?” she asked as she realized the open doors into room, where Ha Neul was sleeping with Ji Sok, and since there was no one in the kitchen or in living room.

“She went with Ji Sok to her parents.” he smiled as he helped her to sit on the chair. She formed in O-shape and scratched her head, looking at clock, seeing it’s already 1pm.

“I was sleeping the whole morning!?” she gasped squealing. Ryeowook startled a little and laughed nervously as he put cup of soup in front of her. “And why aren't you with others?” she pierced her eyes at him.

“Someone has to take care of you.” he smiled and pinched her nose, making her let a groan out.

“And this is exactly why I didn’t want to tell you...” she murmured to herself, but Ryeowook heard it well. This time he pinched both of her cheeks, making her groaning in pain as she tried to get away from it.

“Pabo!” he murmured. “That’s why you should have tell us, because what if something happens to you and Ha Neul when we’re not around?" he scolded her. So Min pouted like a little kid and crossed her arms, knowing that Ryeowook is right. He let a sigh out and stopped with pinching. “You’re going back to hospital today, right?” he asked, turning around.

“Yeah,” nodded So Min, quietly answering.

“Then quickly eat your breakfast.” he looked at her smiling.

“Oh stop it,” she murmured and waved with her hand, smiling as she started eating soup that Ryeowook gave her on table.

***

“Ha Neul~” cried So Min as she walked inside with Ji Sok following.

“Omo,” she gasped as she suddenly got hugged by So Min. “What’s wrong?” she asked and looked at Ryeowook who walked after So Min and shook his head.

“Ryeowook didn’t want me to help him.” She pouted and stuck tongue at him as she looked at him. “But then I burned a plate and he scolded me.” She smiled as she looked back at Ha Neul.

“What?” Ha Neul was confused. “You burned plate? What plate?” she asked and looked from one to another until something caught her nose. “What is this horrible smell?” she asked and groaned.

“Well, you came at bad time, since the smell can’t get out quickly, thanks to Lee So Min.” He said with a little sarcasm and glared at her.

“Oops?” she chuckled and stuck tongue at him again. Ryeowook let a sigh out and walked back into kitchen.

“Seriously, So Min, what did you do?” laughed Ha Neul and looked at her.

“I told you,” she smiled and slowly walked to couch where she sat down. “Ryeowook didn’t let me help to make lunch, so I decided to burn the plate while he was in bathroom.”

“You shouldn’t do that; what if something would happen to you? I’m sure Donghae and Kyuhyun wouldn’t just kill him...” spoke Ji Sok.

“It’s not my fault if they wanted someone to keep an eye on me.” She pouted and crossed her arms, but then she touched her stomach as she felt a kick.

“Are you okay?” asked Ha Neul and walked to her.

“Mm,” she nodded answering. “It’s just a kick, nothing else.” She smiled sadly. “I feel so tired these days...” she added murmuring.

“The time is getting nearer.” Whispered Ha Neul and sat besides her, leaning her head on her shoulder. So Min quietly nodded as she closed her eyes and fell asleep, including Ha Neul.

Time passed by and guys came back to dorm; Kyuhyun and Donghae to 9th floor, while others went upstairs to change and then came back down to 9th floor where lunch was waiting them. Ha Neul and So Min kept on sleeping, no matter how loud they were so at the end they gave up and went to eat lunch.

After they almost ate their lunch, Ha Neul woke up and looked around the living room, until she looked at So Min whose face showed like she was in pain.

“So Min?” she gently shook her with worried voice. She only shook with her head. “So Min,” she called and shook her again. So Min’s became pale, white like a wall.

“D-Donghae!” she called him and other names: “K-Kyuhyun! Ji Sok! Anybody!” In a second, Donghae was in living room with Kyuhyun.

“W-what’s wrong?” they asked at the same time.

“S-So Min,” she stuttered as she tried to wake her. “S-she’s in pain...”

“,” cursed Donghae and rushed in the room to grab his phone, dialling Sammy’s number. In the mean time, Kyuhyun wanted to wake So Min, but without success.

“It’s too soon!” he cursed and looked at guys. “Help me carry her to the car.” He said to no one particular. Guys stood there frozen as they watched So Min. “Please!” begged Kyuhyun as he put So Min’s arm around him and tried to lift her, but because of the weight of her babies, he couldn’t. Donghae rushed out of the room and put So Min’s other arm around him and slowly walk towards hallway. This time, Ji Sok helped Ha Neul, while Shindong, Kangin and Sungmin ran after Donghae and Kyuhyun, helping them. Others still stood there in shock, till Ryeowook snapped out and ran into his room, taking keys. After he ran out, he looked at guys and hit them on their heads so they snapped out, running after one another.

~Sammy’s side~

“Ae Cha, prepare operation room, now!” she yelled after Donghae hanged up.

“D-dae,” she stuttered confused at sudden order of doctor.

“W-what’s going on?” a nurse asked that was running next to Sammy who was frustrated.

“So Min is coming back. She’s in pain, which is bad.” She quickly explained the situation and not too long after, So Min was already in hospitals bed, where she was on the way to operation’s room.

“Wait here,” she said to Donghae, Kyuhyun and Ha Neul as she ran after nurses inside operation room. Donghae, who was at the end of nervous, collapsed on his knees as he watched how doors slowly closed after Sammy. Kyuhyun pulled him up and helped him to sit on the seat, next to Ha Neul who had to sit because she became so exhausted.

“Where is she?” asked Sungmin as he ran to them.

“In there,” whispered Kyuhyun and showed on closed doors, where red light was on.

“Bwoh!?” squealed Shindong as he reached them together with Kangin. “What do you mean?” he asked confused. “It’s not the time yet.” He explained.

“Time,” laughed Donghae shortly and looked up into ceiling, not wanting to shed any tears yet. “You’re right...it’s not the time yet.” He smiled sadly.

Now the story is really coming to an end...but for the last two chapters, I'll be on hiatus, since I need some time to fix my mind, because right now...everything is in a mess, I clearly have no idea what I should do.

Kyuhyun, happy belated birthday. :))

Han Geng, happy birthday :))

And to our Siwon, Happy Birthday. :))

Here are some pics and gifs. :)